o n e ;

Escape to Nowhere

First off all, I would like to thank the subscribers who had compassionately subscribed to this story, and I hope you'd enjoy it, seeing that I had plotted it quite a while ago- just that I didn't really have the courage to even post it somewhere. xD;; If there is any similarities with any fanfics, please do take not that this story is purely by myself- and, I would hope if you'll enjoy it! <3

[ ps; sorry for the short chapter. /bricked. ]

-Meloneu.


[ Hyunseung ]

"London bridge is falling down..." I sang in a shaky voice, "Falling down....all because of me..." 

That's it. I couldn't do it further. With tears trickling down my face, I fell to the ground with a thud, feeling that there wasn't a need for me to even live in the world. People with modified faces looked down at me, their gazes unmoving as they stared at me. I was down, down on the ground, sobbing to myself that my back had hunched over, my palms and fingers, along with my knees, scraped from the pebble path. 

I swallowed hard. No use. Looking up at the unmoving, cold gazes once again, I had wondered what on earth happened to the world I previously knew of? Where were the grass fields? Where were the greens, providing such a fresh air... it was all too much for me to accept.

Not caring if the pebbles were to scrape deep into my skin, I was snapped out of the sob, once I felt a hand placed down on my shoulder gingerly.

"Hyunseung..." A voice called out, before I widened my eyes. I knew him. He was Junhyung.

Scrambling to my feet, I looked up to Junhyung with my eyes b with tears, as I pounce on him literally, hugging him through the waist tightly as I buried my face deep into his chest, wanting to search for the comforting heartbeat I have always listened to when I was in a mess.

"J-Junhyung..." I stuttered out, before my mind mentally started forming words. His arms had wrapped around my neck, as he looked down onto me, his face already comforting me enough. I took in of a deep breath, before tightening my grip against his waist. "I-I want to get away from this hell.." Was the only words I could muster at this moment.

He had kept quiet. From my auburn bangs covering my eyes, I squinted my eyes slightly, pursing my lips as I looked upon the dashing figure that had locked me in his embrace. His hair was in a pale purple. Once he had noticed I was looking up , he gave a stiff shake of his head.

I was stumped.

I mean, nobody had... ever attempted to leave this place before. I would've known to not agree on this- this absurd city that I thought would've been beneficial. I let out a soft sigh, nodding. "I understand... Junhyung..." He looked towards me, a small smile grazing his lips as I reached one of my hands out to his cheeks, weakly caressing the flawless skin of his.

"Good." He whispered softly to me, before picking me up, my legs slung over one of his arms as the other of his arms had supported my back. Letting out a soft squeal of surprise, I had then draped my hands over his neck, my head rested against his chest, listening to his comfroting heartbeat once again.

Sensing some movement, I closed my eyes, knowing that Junhyung would bring me somewhere. Still continuing to listen to his heartbeat, I found myself being washed over a wave of drowsiness, as then had sleep overtaken me, leaving me in a small sleep against Junhyung's arms.

<><><><><><>

Waking up once again, I groaned, looking up at the blaring light that had been so kind to be hung straight above my head. Biting on my lips when I had heard the all too usual beep of the machines, I stared straight into space. Home, I call this. Although, it wasn't really of a home. Although, after a few moments of pin drop silence, I heard tattering footsteps working their way up the polished and sleek marble steps of the staircase, as I braced myself for whomever was coming.

'Oh, how I hated that people could come without Junhyung's and my consent,' I thought sacrastically to myself, before my eyes had lit up , glancing over to where the door was positioned.

"Junhyung..." I mumbled, before pushing away the sheets which had kept me in place, before he shook his head. With an evident pout in my face, I sighed a little, nodding as I sat back down on the bed, pulling the sheets over me as I realized that the scraping of my hands and knees were taken care of.

"Hyunseung. You should rest... " He said softly, before he gazed into my eyes, "and stop thinking of escape. It'll be impossible to escape. You, and I, know that." I sighed. Of course I knew. Who didn't would be of an complete idiot. This conversation. It was bound to happen.

"I hate it. Always calling me to rest when I don't need it... I don't get it, Junhyung. Why must we literally rot in this hell?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed with slight anger, and of course, hurt. It was as if thonging my heart. Deciding to tune him out, I draped the sheet over my whole body including my head, huffing and slinking back down onto a lying position on the bed.

Junhyung let out a soft sigh, before he got up from where he was situated on- the side of the bed, predictible through the sudden rise of the bed. Somehow, I don't know. I was furious against myself- but not him.