5. My Fifth

To Me You Are Perfect

He is my five-year long-awaited prince.

It took me five years to realize my feelings. It was slow, I know, but having been with him every day, I hadn't noticed his worth until he left for a week long trip with his parents - his uncle and aunt he had revealed. 

It took me five weeks after to confess my feelings. It took courage. And timing. He was always around people. It never seemed to be just the two of us and even then, the atmosphere was too filled with laughter and jokes to be broken.

It took me five days after to receive a reply. I'm not quite sure about other places, but an immediate reply means interest in Korea and waiting five days is, quite simply, another way to say that he wasn't interested. Which was why I could have kissed him when he replied...if he hadn't kissed me first.

But he is so clueless he didn't realize at all.

Of course, my struggle remained a mystery and secret against the prince. To my only best friend, my first love, second boyfriend, third reason for tears, and four word summary, why should I tell him all about his meaning to me?

How would I be able to? How could I explain everything I feel for him? Or the struggles I had with him? To get to him?

Clueless jerk. Most guys notice...perhaps not.

But only to me is it good he doesn't know. 

But perhaps it's also for the best.

I had once, and only once, imagined the embarrassment and horror if he had found the 5 dense years it took to realize my feelings. Not an admirable picture.

He stood beside me despite the trouble and swept me off my feet. Like a real prince.

He was my five-marked long-awaited prince.
But he was
so clueless he didn't realize at all.
But only to me was it good he didn't know.

...xXx...

She is my five-year long-awaited princess.

It took five long years for my feelings to be realized. It took five long weeks for the perfect timing. It took five long days to answer her perfectly.

I had dreamt of the moment for days. It was everything I had expected and yet everything I didn't. I forgot everything at the five day mark and despite my different scenarios, I completely lost it and answered her, blushing, stuttering, and just a mess.

Oh, and I kissed her. I can't forget that. Ever.

But she is so clueless she had no idea at all.

My patience was a hidden virtue of course. Despite being impatient and childish around her, my only love, my first friend, my second reason of laughter, my third piece of happiness, and my four word whisper, I was always patient, always mature, and waiting for that day.

For the day when she'd say my name and smile for a different reason.

Even if she didn't notice it.

But only to me is it good she doesn't know.

However, perhaps it's better this way. 

Whenever I 'impatiently' drag her away from other guys or when I 'childishly' hug her, I remember the benefits and the natural way I am with her. 

I aimed to sweep her off her feet. As if she were a real princess.

She was my five-year long-awaited princess.
But she was
so clueless she had no idea at all.
But only to me was it good she didn't know.