0. My Only

To Me You Are Perfect

He is my only best friend.

Since I was little, I hadn't been exactly someone that was popular. I had friends--I was no loner by any means--but he was--still is--the only person I can share everything to. And I mean everything. 

When I got a cold, so did he. When I broke my leg from jumping off a tree, he broke his arm from trying to catch me (and missing, but that was another story). When I got the chicken pox, he stuck with me for an entire week in bed, also ignoring the red, itchy spots. When I had announced I was missing our first ever school dance, he appeared by my door with a group of my galfriends and an hour later, he was my date. When I had my first 'time,' well, let's just say that was a story we'd never retell. 

But embarrassing stories aside, he was my only and that was what mattered.

But he is so dense it is almost ridiculous.

Of course, he's a little on the...not-so-smart side as well. He was smart, don't get me wrong, but he was just so...oblivious! It wasn't exactly the biggest secret in the world that I was his best friend, but he always acted as if I wasn't. So what if I wasn't a guy?

Especially after that 'time' I don't think gender differences was an issue between us. We easily talked about hot guy and girl bands without even blinking twice. So, what exactly was it that he couldn't tell me? That something he could only trust to real guys and other girls?

What could he not tell me?

But only to me is it ok.

But he was my best friend. So even if he didn't tell me everything, I respected it, even if I was curious, because it meant he didn't want me to fuss or worry over something. He wanted my happiness over his own comfort.

Sometimes, he was keeping surprises away from me, like the surprise congrats-for-not-dying party after the broken leg incident or the surprise you're-coming-with-me-to-the-concert tickets. But either way, I found that no matter what, secrets aside, he always stood by me. 

As my best friend, and I as his, no matter the situation or sometimes odd secret, we always stuck together and even if we had our little squabbles, we stuck together.

He was my best friend.
But he was
so dense it was almost ridiculous. 
But only to me was it ok.

...xXx...

She is my only love.

She truly was--and is--my first and only love. I knew the moment I laid eyes on her when my family moved into the neighborhood that she'd be the one. No matter what people said, the you're-too-young-to-love or there-is-no-fate, I still knew at the second our eyes met that we were meant to be.

As time passed, but there is one main thing that stayed the same. Looking back, at the age of 12, I didn't know all that I thought I did, but even now, I can clearly recall the warmth that swelled in my heart and the instant fall I felt as I dived straight into her large brown, curious eyes.

Even at 12, I knew automatically that no matter how many other girls I would see, talk to, or even date, she'd be the one for me. In the end, she'd be my soulmate.

But she is so jealous she doesn't realize it at all.

Of course, she was the one. I knew right away. But I also didn't want to push her to do anything she didn't want so when she actually encouraged me to go out with some of her galfriends, I did. I treated them as I did any other girl, but every single time, they would put that inevitable 'her-or-me' question and she won every time.

But she didn't know that. I wasn't blind. I could easily see her trail us on dates. I could also, quite frankly, spot her usual pout when I would rain-check her to do something else, girlfriend or guyfriends. 

I did have girlfriends, but I only went with it for two reasons: I didn't have the heart to decline and she encouraged us. How was I supposed to say no? Of course, she wasn't quite happy either.

But only to me is it cute.

It was...amusing when jealousy would flare in her eyes every time I had a date after school instead of the usual walk home together and special window shopping trip we always took.

Her lip would jut out just a bit in a way that made it impossible for me to take my eyes off of and her eyes would never look into mine as they immediately found our surrounding areas interesting, a fact I was thankful for so I could easily admire her without fear. 

Some of my guyfriends would joke that we were perfect for each other and her galfriends to her, but I never doubted it. I would accept it and when she would blush and laugh it off, I would only smile more at the breathtaking way the slightest of pink would cross her face.

She was my only love.
But she was
so jealous she didn't realize it at all.
But only to me was it cute.