1

With

After a second of a silent pause, the audience roared in claps of applause and some even threw money onto the stage. She smiled and gave herself a pat on the back for hitting the high note for ending the duet with a full six seconds at a perfect pitch. With both figures still on the stage, she bowed at the audience and her clueless duet partner for the night followed after. 

A short male wearing a suit with a green tie came up onto the stage after the duo exited. 

"Introducing next onto the stage..."

She stepped into the small dressing room without bothering to close the door and immediately took off her black heels. She thanked the lord for bringing her sneakers just in case. When she was done finished changing, she spotted two figures at the door. She saw Jang Dongwoo, a guy with big teeth who was her best friend and owner of the Hongdae Bar and a scrawny looking male.

"Another fantastic performance you put on tonight!" She thanked Dongwoo and the air turned silent but awkward.

Dongwoo coughed and proceeded to speak. "So Kevin here was thinking of going out to the club and he was wondering if you could join us. Isn't that right, Kevin?"

Kevin nodded and waited for her to answer.

"Sorry but my feet are killing me and I have some stuff to do. You should take a note that I don't go out with a singing partner." She bowed ninety degrees and muttered an apology before leaving the dressing room. While closing the small door, she rolled her eyes and chanted in her head like always, 'When will they ever stop asking?'

Dongwoo rolled his eyes at the same excuse each time she made and hit Kevin's back. "Maybe next time, buddy."

- - -

She stepped into the small apartment that had loads of chipped paint covering the walls and scrunched up her small face when she smelled tobacco. 

"Oh look, it's almost midnight. What brings you home so early, friend?" She turned around and saw her roommate laying on the beat down sofa. 

"Can you please stop using sarcasm on me, Lizzy? My feet hurt and I think I'm getting a headache." She dragged her feet to her room but was interrupted by Lizzy's annoying voice once again.

"Yeah whatever. Anyways it's rent day so pay up, miss singer." 

She plopped onto the bed and told Lizzy the same thing over and over again each month, "I'll give it to you tomorrow."

Lizzy shook her head and muttered, "Always a week late." as she lit a cigarette.

Morning came around the next day and she was woken up by an annoying ringtone coming from her cell phone. Her hands started to fumble on the bed sheets here and there to search for her phone without opening her brown eyes. When she finally opened her eyes, she saw the caller I.D and grunted.

"Hello?" She answered with a weak voice.

"I don't understand why you won't even go on one date with any of them! You're twenty four years old and still single!" And that was the first thing in the early morning Jang Dongwoo had said instead of a greeting.

She only heaved a sigh and stayed silent since he knew she didn't want to talk about this with him. Dongwoo seemed to have calmed down since she started to hear his gentle breaths over the phone.

"Dongwoo, you know I don't like going out on dates with strangers."

"They are so not strangers! They are precisely your singing partner."

"Yeah, they're just a one night singing partner. So would you please stop partnering me up with a good looking, amateur singer and would you please freaking partner me up with some actual talented singers?" She said in all one breath that made her breathe in and out through very slowly to calm herself down.

After hearing dead silence for a few seconds, she started to feel a little guilty that she yelled at him for something so small. She opened to apologize but Dongwoo was faster.

"So you do admit that the singers I get for you are good looking?" She could almost hear the small smirk through the phone and she slapped her forehead before hanging up.

- - -

Later that night at that same Hongdae bar and grill, she peeked at the audience through a small hole the curtain had and sighed. 

'So much people here tonight.' She thought. Despite being a graceful singer, she still had stage fright no matter how big or small the audience was. Usually when she was, her best friend would be backstage with her to help calm her down. But where was he?

She felt an unfamiliar touch on her right shoulder and frowned when it her singing partner for the night. Yet again, Dongwoo has paired her up with an amateur who absolutely had no passion in music and instead had the passion to get into her pants.

"You should relax." She rolled her eyes and thought there was no way in hell she was going to relax if this stranger kept his dirty hand on her shoulder for the remaining time. She gave him a simple nod and walked to Dongwoo, who she spotted in the entrance of the bar with a few people surrounding him.

She slowly began to walk up to her best friend but stopped in her tracks when she heard arguing. If there's anything in the world she hated, it was fights and debts.

"Dongwoo hyung, what are we doing here? I thought you said you're going to bring us somewhere fun! How is a quiet, fancy, old looking bar filled with elderly and grownups fun?" A tan male with small, beady eyes complained.

Dongwoo glared at him and the other five men who seemed to agree with the complainer.

"Well then Nam Woohyun, first of all you should act like a grown up. You're twenty two so it up. If you don't want to be here then go ahead to the club across the street. Excuse me for trying to support my best friend who actually has talent than my six roommates who party and get drunk while ugly, desperate girls throughout all night."

She smiled at the fact that her best friend was sticking up for her. Nobody has ever stuck up for her before.

'I made a nice friend this year.' She thought as she began to proceed up the stairs to the stage.

The audience became silent as she went up to the microphone. She looked through the crowd and spotted Dongwoo who was standing near the stage with a huge grin. She seemed to have relaxed and in a matter of seconds, she opened to sing out the first line of the song.

- - -

"You guys have to admit that she's actually pretty good." The seven roommates minus Dongwoo were walking home from the bar in silence. Surprisingly the loud complainer Woohyun, had not said anything ever since Dongwoo had yelled at him.

"Hyung what are you thinking about?" A tall, owl looking boy asked Woohyun. Woohyun shook his head and tried to get her singing figure out of his head.

Meanwhile, one certain person with small, crescent shaped eyes who was lagging behind the rest of the group knew exactly what Woohyun was thinking of. And he couldn't deny that he was thinking of the same thing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: argh I always think first chapters are a fail ;_; Is the font too small?
I really hope I didn't disappoint the ten of you...