University Days

*Breaking News: Infidelity*

"What a coincidence isn't it Maya?" he said as he started to slowly walk towards me.

I took a step back before I asked, "Do you mean about you being my boss?"

"Not exactly, you’re forgetting a part," he chuckled before he stood only an inch away from me.

"What am I forgetting? We haven't seen each other in years so what exactly am I forgetting?" I questioned as I avoided eye contact.

Since I knew he'd find me vulnerable if I looked him in the eyes, because I knew exactly what he was talking about.

*University Days*

I tried to hold my tears back as I saw Jung-soo (Lee Teuk) holding me tightly in his arms trying to keep me from leaving him.

I struggled a bit but I managed to get out of his hold and took a few steps away from him in order to face him directly.

I finally noticed that he was crying, at that moment I felt like my heart dropped to the floor like it was frozen and empty all at once.

I bit my lip before I looked him in the eyes with a firm gaze, "We have to go our separate ways Jung-soo, you didn't actually think we'd get married and be a happy couple did you?”

It’s hard for me to lie like this but I have to or else his father would take my scholarship away. If only Jung-soo’s father wasn’t the dean of the university then I would most definitely marry him but his father’s been trying to chase me away for 2 years now.

“You said that once we graduated we would get married, was that a lie also? Wait have you been seeing someone else Maya?!” he shouted with anger in his voice. His eyes were no longer gentle towards me; I could only see anger light up within them.

“Answer me Maya!” he shouted once more but this time he walked up to me and squeezed my shoulders tightly. It sent a lot of pain to my upper body because of the way he was gripping onto my shoulders painfully.

“Yes!” I shouted in his face while avoiding eye contact. I felt his hands release my shoulders and heard him retreat a few steps away.

“Leave…” I heard him mumble as I stared at him looking at the ground.

“I’m s-sorry Jung-soo, I didn’t mean for you to get hurt but I couldn’t avoid it forever…” I lied as I felt my tears escape. Before he could see my face, I quickly wiped my tears away and turned my back towards him.

“I guess we’re done seeing each other now huh?” I questioned him but all I heard in response was, “I never want to see your face again, never…”

 I suddenly felt like someone was squeezing my heart to a pulp, because once I heard those words coming from his mouth I knew it was over. I ran away after our break up, but within the month I heard news flying around on the newspaper announcing Jung-soo’s engagement to Mi-Young.

Mi Young was the vice-president of the student council, and her family was always close to Jung-soo’s family. I knew that Jung-soo’s father had arranged the marriage, but I never knew to who he’d marry his son off to. All I knew for a fact was that his father hated my guts, even though I never even met the man until the day he called me to his office to discuss about Jung-soo.

*

Either way, how things are now with Jung-soo I feel like he still has a grudge against me about it even though that incident happened years ago.

He lifted my chin towards his face and forced me to look at him, “You forgot the part about how you ruthlessly dumped me for another guy.”

I slapped his hand away and said, “That doesn’t matter Jung- I mean Mr.Lee, that occurred years ago so if you don’t mind I’ll take my leave now…”

I rushed towards the door but I heard it automatically lock before I could grab the door knob. Quickly I tried knocking and shouting for someone to open the door but I heard no response.

“Sound-proof room Maya, no one can hear you so why don’t you give up your little attempt to freedom,” he smirked as he came closer.

“Let me out!” I screamed while I dodged him around the room but somehow he caught a hold of my hair and pulled me towards his desk.

“What do you want!?” I struggled with trying to make him release me but it was a failed attempt because he was too strong.

Surprisingly, he started laughing and said, “I think you’ll find out soon what I want Maya.”

Roughly, he pinned me down on his desk and held my hands into one of his over my head. I suddenly felt scared because I knew what he meant. As it hit me, I tried to kick him ‘there’ but he was too quick to read my moves and dodged my kicks.

I started crying, “Please let me go Jung-soo, I beg of you please stop this nonsense…”