keeping points

Sweet Pea

 

“Jungsu…” Taeyeon whispered drowsily. “Jungsu, wake up. Maerin is awake.”  

He opened one eye and Taeyeon repeated quietly: “Maerin is awake.”

Jungsu’s reply was a mere, “Hm.”

She pinched his cheek. “It’s your turn.” He opened both eyes at this, staring at her, listening to the cries of their daughter; Maerin slept in a crib in their room. “Maerin wants daddy, Jungsu.”

He sighed and slid out of the bed, tip-toeing towards the Winnie-the-Pooh themed crib at the end of their king-sized bed. Maerin’s cries reverberated throughout the bedroom. The lamp beside the bed lit the room in a dim light and Taeyeon sat up in the bed, watching amusedly. It was always fun to watch Jungsu try and sooth their daughter.

 “Shh… Shh,” Jungsu tried, picking up Maerin and cradling her in his arms. Her cries started to die down and not for long, she was sleeping again. Jungsu smirked, feeling triumphant. He turned to his wife who shook her head with a smile. Setting Maerin down in the cradle with the utmost carefulness, he started to enter his bed before suddenly—

“She’s crying again Jungsu,” Taeyeon commented, her head resting on top of her hand, eyes set on the crib. And Maerin was.

Jungsu’s mouth was agape while he followed her eyes. He sighed yet again, exasperated, before returning to the crib, staring at an obviously upset Maerin. And then something struck; a light bulb went off in his head. Taeyeon’s eyebrows rose because she knew what that expression was. Sometimes, the ideas he had could be helpful, but on other times, she wasn’t rather fond of them.

But as she watched her husband step into the crib and disappear, Park Taeyeon didn’t really know what to think.

“Jungsu,” she muttered, crawling to the end of the bed and peering over the edge. The sight amused her eyes: he was lying on his back with two-week-old Maerin sleeping on his stomach. She blinked. “Oh my.”

Jungsu stared at her; Taeyeon returned the favor.

“So,” she whispered, trying hard to keep her laugh quiet. “How are you going to get out, again?”

He put a finger to his lips before one hand was around Maerin, the other holding onto the side of the crib. He pulled himself up, but he fell back on the crib’s cushion. Determination burned in his eyes and Taeyeon put a hand to her lips—it was hard not to laugh. He tried again, this one successful as he sat up. He placed Maerin on the spot where he previously, climbing out to the spot next to Taeyeon, whom had a smile still on her lips.

“Point; Jungsu,” He smirked; this made his wife roll her eyes.

Maerin cried again and Taeyeon took her in her arms.

She mouthed Jungsu the words: point deducted.


Dear You, 

Inspired by this:

 

 

My dad doesn't like watching this, since he had done this when I was still a baby. 

Edit: Oh! And below this sentence is a poll. I'll put a poll up each end of the chapter and you, yes you, will pick which subject is going to be the subject of the next chapter. Pick then. 

 

 

Love,

SuHyun