Phone Talk

Secretly Loving U

     I bit my bottom lip, wandering over to the classroom that I hoped was mine. Because, wouldn't it be so embarrassing to walk into the wrong one?! You disagree? Well, trust me, I've done it once, and I hope to never do it again. But, oh man! I'm already late as it is! I'm going to be stared at either way! All those eyes on me will definitely make me want to dig a hole in the classroom and bury myself! I groaned, reaching for the sliding door and opening it. And just like I predicted. Eyes. Eyes. Eyes. On Me! I bit my lip harder, feeling my heart thump, getting a bit nervous as I reached the teacher who smiled at me. I bowed at him, telling him my name.

     "Ah, so you're Song Ah Ra? Wonderful! We were expecting you! Please turn to the class to greet them." The old man's smile reached his eyes, making it wrinkle at the corners. I gulped, turning around and receiving something unexpected. Some of the boys were whistling and others were smiling at me. A few girls kindly waved at me and the rest of the girls turned to whisper to there friends. The weight on my shoulders dropped and I let out a soft "Huh". I seriously didn't expect such a kind greeting from everyone.

     "Annyeonghasayo... Song Ah Ra-imnida. It's very nice to meet all of you..." I bowed and the teacher chuckled.

     "Seems like you'll be popular amongst the students." The teacher said, motioning over to some place in the room. "Please, take a seat next to Himchan. Himchan, please stand." A handsome boy with short hair stood up and he glared at me with his piercing eyes. I fluttered my eyes in nervousness. I sighed, walking over to the empty seat next to Himchan, all the while, everyone turned to stare at me. Not really helping in the calm down department! I sat in the seat and he continued to glare at me. My face reddened as I got even more nervous than I already was. To make his face even more scarier than it was, he SMILED. Does he know how much of a lunatic he looks like right now??

     He ed his hand towards my face and whacked the side of my head! I let out a tiny whimper, glad to see that no one else saw. I glared at him, pushing my nervousness away.

     "Ah... sorry... I was trying to give you a handshake, but I can't see at the moment. My contacts didn't seem to go into my eye!' He let out a chuckle -  forced. My face softened, understanding his reason.

     "It's alright... But a handshake? Isn't that what foreigners and businessmen do?" I asked him.

     "Oh... so you're not a foreigner? I'm sorry, I just can't see! Haha!" He pulled his hand away and bowed. "It's nice to meet you, Ah Ra-ssi. I'm Kim Himchan."

     "Ah, yes... It's nice to meet you too."

     "You want to be friends?" He looked up at me, not straining so much so I could see the gentle, nice look in his face. But, even though he was smiling, it didn't reach his eyes like the teacher did. He didn't have an eye smile like the others. I cocked my head to the side.

      "You don't have to force yourself." I whispered. I felt as if he didn't want anyone hearing what I just said.

      "Excuse me? What did you say?" His eyebrows furrowed and sat straighter in his chair.

      "If you really don't want to be friends, then don't force yourself, ok?" I smiled, doubting that he actually saw it. "I don't want to be friends with someone fake." I sat back in my chair and smiled, feeling really accomplished for some reason. Only I didn't realize I said it in such a harsh way. Himchan scoffed, glaring at me once more for just a second and then he went back to smiling.

      "Whoever said I was forcing myself?" He asked. "I truly want to be your friend!" He chuckled and turned to the front, his hands clutching his pencil. I stared at him,

      "Ok..." I sighed. "But seriously. Think about what I just said." I mumbled to myself, looking at the white board in front of us. Thinking about it, maybe this school isn't as bad as I thought it would. Everyone seems so friendly. Maybe I'll make friends on my own? But, then again, I do miss everyone back at Busan. By everyone, I mean Kai and Ye Seul and maybe a few of the guys Kai's best friends with. Well, not really, EXO, or whatever they call themselves, were not very talkative towards me. Except for Kai and Sehun, who's always so erted! God, whenever I'm around him, he always greets me with his hands squeezing the air!! But, I gotta admit, I miss him, even.

     I wonder how everyone is back at Busan? Maybe everyone happy now that I'm gone? I was always so socially awkward because my friends were always with everyone, since they're all so popular. Not any of those people that they were with liked me. They thought it was weird for someone to be so shy and everyone just assumed that I hated all the kids at school. So, after that ridiculous rumor, no one even wanted to sit next to me other than my friends. I bit my lip again. Maybe this year I'll change for the better? I mean, it's senior year and I better make some great memories considering this is the last year I'll ever be in high school. Unless, of course, I get held back, but I have a strong G.P.A. so that's taken care of...

     The bell rang and the teacher began to pack up his things. That's when I realized I wasn't even listening to half the things he was saying. It didn't even feel like an hour that I've been in class. Everyone started to chit chat with each other and I sat there staring at my desk, missing the happy talks I had with my friends.

     "So, what brings you to this school?" I looked up and saw that fake smile plastered on Himchan's face again.

     "My father got promoted... He's the director of Kim Corporations."

     "Whoa, are you kidding me??" Himchan laughed. "That's my father's company." The boy in front of me turned around and I realized how shocking his hair color was! It was pink!

     "That's so cool! That's a big coincidence, hyung!" He said to Himchan. "Hi! I'm Junhong, but everyone calls me Zelo!" The young looking boy bowed and smiled at me. I stared at him and my lips twitched into a smile. "You're really pretty!" I blush at his comment.

     "T-thank you..." I nod at him. This felt so weird. Having someone not give me dirty looks and compliment me? I guess this school's much better than I thought.

      "What's wrong? You stutter a lot. Don't be nervous, just try your best to be yourself!" The energetic boy giggled, giving me two thumbs up.

       "Yeah." Himchan agreed. "This school may seem top notch and all, but everyone's nice. No one acts like a snob." I nodded at him.

~

      School was already over in a jiffy. I thought it would drag on the whole day considering it was my first time in this new place. I was running back home like my life depended on it. All I wanted to do was get home and take the house phone in my hands and dial his number. To talk to him about my day. To talk about his day. To hear his voice. I stumbled into the kitchen, where my mother stood over the stove preparing dinner.

       "Oh, honey! Welcome home! How was your-"

       "It was great mom, love it. Kay, I gotta go!" I snatched the phone drilled to the wall and scurried over to my room. I could hear the echo of my mother's laugh downstairs. I collapsed onto my bed and quickly punched in Kai's number, smiling to myself. I swear, every time I touched a digit, my smile grew bigger.

     One ring... two rings... three... four.... My smile weakened, slowly fading into a frown. Five... six.... seven... ei--

     "Hello?"

     "Kai!" I exclaimed, my smile returning.

     "Who is this?" And then, again, that smile that was brightening my room just dimmed it.

     "Oh... it's Ah Ra..."

     "Ah Ra! Oh my god! I thought you were someone else for a second, I don't have this number saved in my phone so... haha..." But, do you seriously need my name saved with this number for you to know who your best friend is? Wouldn't my voice be enough?

     "Oh... really..."

     "Sorry, I just don't have my mind right right now. I'm with Ye Seul. Oh god, she just makes my mind completely messy! Really, I can't get my head on straight whenever I'm with her." He laughed.

     "You're with Ye Seul?" I sighed, pulling the phone away from my face for a second so he couldn't hear it.

     "Yeah, why?"

     "Tell her I said hi..."

     "Ok, hey Ye Seul-ah! Yah! Get over here!" Kai yelled, chuckling. "We're at a park and she's over by the lake." I heard Ye Seul's voice coming closer. "Ah Ra says hi."

      "Ah Ra?? Gimme the phone! I wanna say hi!!" Ye Seul's pretty voice rung through my ears and even though I felt a pang of jealousy hit me, I smiled, missing the only girl who's my friend.

      "Get lost, she's my best friend! Ok? MINE." Kai's voice boomed over hers and I had to giggle.

     "You guys are seriously making me want to be there." I pouted. "God, I miss you guys so much!"

     "We miss you too." Kai said. "Yah! Where are you going!" He yelled, probably towards Ye Seul.

     "I'm going to look at the fishies!" Her voice was far. I listened to the sounds the phone made because Kai was probably rubbing it towards something.

      "Ah..." He lay down, I could tell. He always sighs whenever he did that. It's a weird habbit. "So, how was your day, miss Song?"

      "Uhn, it was great. You won't believe this, but I talked to a few people." I lay down on my stomach, raising my legs up and swinging them in the air.

      "Wah! Seriously? Good! Now you can make those people you talked to your friends, huh?" He laughed and laughed with him.

     "So you expect me to befriend people I barely conversed with?"

     "Well, you're going to have to talk to them even more to be friends with them! Anyway, who are these people you met?"

     "Well, only two people. Both are guys."

     "Guys?"

     "You jealous?" I said sarcastically.

     "No. Eheheh." I pressed my lips together and frowned, even though I was joking, his answer was so straight forward and honest that it made me think that maybe Kai would never like a girl like me. I'd have to act and look like Ye Seul for him to ever look at me that way...

     "Anyhow, these guys are both pretty nice. One has this unbelievably pink hair and the most chubbiest cheeks! Even though his face was young, he was pretty tall. He made me feel like a midget. He was really energetic, too! Talkative and all. His name's Junhong, but he says everyone calls him Zelo. Then, the other guy, Himchan, he's really mysterious. Like, he's all smiles and nice, but his eyes stay the same. No smile in his eyes at all. He's so interesting and makes me want to know what's behind his smile and everything. He really draws me in. Other than that, I sat in the janitor's closet eating my lunch."

     "Why did you eat lunch in a closet?!" He said.

     "I was too nervous to eat in the classroom or in the cafeteria..." I shrugged.

     "Ah Ra, I told you, you need to stop being so scared and nervous about being around people..."

     "I know, but I couldn't help it, I swear! I was really scared... I wish you guys were here..." I let my head fall to my pillow and I stared at the wall.

     "Yeah, I wish we were there too." Kai sighed. "You know, I've been meaning to talk to you about something for a while..." I waited for a few seconds and he spoke up again. "Never mind, it's not right to tell you over the phone..."

     "Kai!" I faintly hear Ye Seul's voice in the phone. "Kai come here and look! This fish is so cute! It looks like a cat, oh my gosh!"

     "I'll be there!" The sounds of things rubbing against each other came again and I could hear the pitter patter of Kai's feet running against the floor. "That's a catfish, Ye Seul." He laughed.

     "Seriously? This is what cat fish look like??"

     "You've never seen one?" Kai laughed harder.

     "Don't make fun of me!"

     "Hey, Ah Ra." Kai said.

     "Hm?" I responded.

     "I'll talk to you later, alright?"

     "..." I turned over and lay down on my back. "...sure."

    

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ok, I know that this chapter is a bit boring, but all first chapters are boring, lol xD. Well, this chapter was basically to let everyone know who is who who is like and things like that. Not ALL characters has been introduced yet, but you know, it's just the first chapter lol.

 

Anyways, I hope people like this o.o I have this giant feeling that maybe no one will like this o.o LOL