Back By Your Side

Still At Your Side
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jeongmi peeked into the rehearsal room to watch the new trainees practice. They were preparing for their debut and Jeongmi was curious as to how they were doing. It was always interesting seeing other groups and solo artists debut and become popular just like her. Jeongmi has been under SM Entertainment for five years now. She'd left China to pursue a singing career in Korea. Why didn't she just stay in China and be famous there? Well the truth is, that Jeongmi had always been interested in KPOP and had wanted to join the industry. So she studied Korean and eventually made it where she was. Anyway back to the trainees.

The band has thirteen members, the largest group under SM. Oh and it's a boy band. They've already got a name as well. Super Junior. Jeongmi hadn't had the time to meet them yet but she was really excited to. Especially since some members are her age and there was even a Chinese member.

Jeongmi was snapped out of her thoughts when she was greeted by a number of boys.

"Annyeonghaseyo"

"Annyeonghaseyo"

"Annyeong"

"You're Jeongmi-ssi, right? I'm a fan of yours. Can I call you noona?"

That last comment caught Jeongmi's attention. Someone already knew her and was a fan?

"Annyeonghaseyo. Jeongmi imnida. Neh, you can call me noona."

"Oh I'm Yesung. I really love your voice noona! Can you help me practice?"

I nod and turn to greet everyone else.

"Annyeong, I'm Leeteuk, the leader."

"I'm Kyuhyun. The Maknae."

"Annyeong!!! I'm Ryeowook. The ETERNAL Maknae."

"I'm Sungmin."

"Donghae."

"Eunhyuk."

"I'm Kibum."

"Heechul."

"Siwon."

"Shindong."

"Kangin."

Jeongmi smiles at everyone before wondering which of them is Chinese. Then she realises that one person is missing. Just as she was a about to ask, someone cleared their throat. Leeteuk and Yesung shuffled everyone over so their last member could fit in the huddle around Jeongmi. When she caught sight of who it was, her heart stopped beating and she gasped.

"Hangeng?"

After the initial shock and confusion, Jeongmi told the other members that she and Hangeng were good friends back in China. She still couldn't believe he was here though. Since she left China they hadn't been in contact. Mainly because of her busy schedule and after a while Jeongmi didn't know what she would say even if she did email or call him. She felt really guilty though. Because Hangeng one of the people Jeongmi really hadn't wanted to part from. The others being her family and close friends.

When everyone went back to practising, Hangeng stayed behind for a few seconds to say,

"Let's meet for dinner tonight. I'll come to your dorm. You've missed my Beijing fried rice, right?" 

"Sure." Jeongmi replied, smiling. She really loved Hangeng's fried rice and had tried to make it herself after arriving in Korea. However, it just didn't taste as good. Finally she would be able to taste it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey." I welcome Hangeng into my dorm.

"Hi."

After that, we stand for a while awkwardly, both not knowing what to say to each other.

"Ummm..

Please log in to read the full chapter