The Start of their Love

Forever By Your Side

She entered inside his room, and saw the pale white skin man sleeping in front of her.

"Young Master Huang has been sleeping a lot these days. We're very worried that he may never awake again," a maid told the young female doctor, and she gave the maid an assuring smile. "No worries young maid, I'll be sure that our wang zi will always wake up to beautiful mornings," she replied, and the maid nodded her head.

The maid excused herself, as she left both Huang ZiTao and the young female doctor alone. 

"Mother...father..." The young prince called for his parents weakly, as he slowly opened his eyes. ZiTao was shocked to see such a beautiful woman standing by his bed, as she was dressed in a royal pink silk robe. The decorations on the silk robe had flowers all around, and deeper inside the robe was a lime color. Was this a dream to see such a beautiful princess, he thought.

(HER OUTFIT. LOL)

"ZiTao wang zi, I am your doctor Fang Yun Lei. I'm here to cure your sickness," the young lady spoke, and ZiTao twitched by her words.

He's sick?

She's a doctor?

This is not a dream?

"Excuse me, but what do you mean by sickness? I am just tired," the young prince asked, and the woman smiled at him. Her soft warm hands cupped ZiTao's pale white face, and her heart almost broke. "I promise that you'll get better soon, ZiTao wang zi," Yun Lei said, and ZiTao was still a bit confused.

"But I've always been okay, have I not? Is there something wrong with me?" He asked out of curiosity. By this time, it confused Yun Lei. ZiTao doesn't know that he's sick, and just thinks that he's just tired. "Nothing is wrong at all, but in order to not make you tired anymore, I'm here," Yun Lei answered, and ZiTao planted a tiny smile at her.

"Oh, is it almost afternoon?" He asked, not knowing the time. "It's almost the afternoon, young master. Did you want your lunch soon?" Yun Lei asked, and ZiTao shook his head lightly. "I have a friend. Well, it's silly of me to say, but this beautiful butterfly is a friend of mine," ZiTao answered, and soon coughed, stopping his sentence immediately.

"Here, drink this," Yun Lei said, as she took out a tiny white glass vase bottle, and poured it inside a cup. She slowly fed the young sick prince, and he drank the liquid obediently. "It's quite bitter," ZiTao mumbled, as he pulled away after the first few gulps. "Bitter is what cures the best," she told him in a reassuring smile, and ZiTao continued to drink more.

Without noticing a thing, Yun Lei blew out a mystic of power from into the cup, as ZiTao slowly drank the bitter fluid. After he finished, ZiTao cleared his throat immediately, and Yun Lei took back the cup. 

"The bitter taste died down after," ZiTao said, and Yun Lei smiled. "Well, maybe it wasn't so bitter after all, right?" She asked, and ZiTao quietly giggled. "Ah, can you do me a favor, and open the window? My butterfly friend I told you of, it should be visiting soon," ZiTao asked, and Yun Lei nodded her head.

She opened the window, and without ZiTao noticing, Yun Lei blew a mystic of blue mist out of , and a butterfly appeared. It was the same butterfly that ZiTao has been seeing everyday, and it quickly flew inside the room. ZiTao smiled with pure joy, as Yun Lei noticed how happy he is.

"Yun Lei, is it?" ZiTao weakly called to her. "Yes, what is it that you would also want, wang zi?" Yun Lei asked, and the prince smiled at her. "Calling me Tao is enough. Wang zi is too much for me to handle," ZiTao answered, and Yun Lei bowed. "Tao it is," she replied.

 

Weeks passed on, and ZiTao's health was slowly getting better and better. Not just that, ZiTao and Yun Lei's friendship grew closer. By the time when ZiTao can fully run without any attacks, King Huang allowed him to master the art of wushu. Yun Lei stood by his side, as she watched him learn wushu, wuxia, and whatever that was needed for ZiTao to learn.

His 16th birthday passed, and the doctors from worldwide was shock that young prince Huang ZiTao lived full fledge. No one knows, but they call it a miracle, and the Huang residence kept Yun Lei as a secret. No one dared speak of her out to anyone, as it was much of a greed to keep her to themselves only.

"Your 20th birthday is coming up, isn't it?" Yun Lei asked the tall and handsome prince ZiTao. The years flew by too quick, and ZiTao remembered it as yesterday when he just met the beautiful maiden Fang Yun Lei. "Yes, my birthday is coming up. Are you willing to cook me anything special?" ZiTao asked, as he and Yun Lei each swung back and forth on two swings built in the large yard.

"You already know that I'm always cooking for your every birthday, so why ask?" Yun Lei replied, and ZiTao chuckled. "Yun Lei, I'm very curious about you," he said, changing the subject. Yun Lei stopped tracks on the swing, and ZiTao did also. "Why are you curious about me?" She asked, and ZiTao glanced over at her.

"Are you sure that you're not a royal princess from a faraway land? No doctors from anywhere ever wear such fancy robes like you do. To tell you the truth, when I first saw you, I actually thought that I was dreaming away with a princess I've long to marry," he answered, and Yun Lei smiled. "Silly, I'm just a fancy doctor, is it wrong to dress up? Why wear plain clothing, when you can wear anything given, right?" Yun Lei replied, and ZiTao gave out a soft chuckle.

"Yun Lei, we've never met before, have we?" ZiTao asked all of a sudden, and Yun Lei was confused this time 'round. "Tao, why are you asking me such weird questions out of the blue?" Yun Lei asked back, and ZiTao smiled at her. "I feel like, before you announced yourself to me as being my doctor, we've met before. I don't know where, but I know that we've met before," ZiTao answered.

Yun Lei's expression turned soft, as she noticed how ZiTao was trying hard to think.

"Let's not overthink about this, as your head might hurt like the last time. Come on, let's go take your medicine," Yun Lei said, as her hand reached out to ZiTao. He looked at her small hand, and smiled at it. "Mm, let's go," he replied, and gladly held Yun Lei's hand.

"Aren't they just the cutest kids ever?" Maid Li Jin told her husband who is the main cook of the Huang residence. "Those two young kids, I don't understand why they haven't confessed to one another yet. The entire household knows their feelings for each other," chef Wei Lian said, and his wife giggled. "They're probably still shy. Give them a few more days, and we might hear wedding bells," Li Jin replied, and her husband laughed with her.

Yun Lei and ZiTao blushed at what they heard, but remained smiling at each other. 

 

"With the help of Miss Fang Yun Lei, we're going to throw a huge feast for the crowned prince Huang ZiTao. I'm willing to welcome kingdoms from all over to attend, and remember, no one must speak of Miss Fang being the cure. We just all have to believe that it was a pure miracle," King Huang announced to the people inside the palace.

"Yes, your highness," everyone replied, and soon bowed. 

ZiTao waited for everyone to scatter, and then raced to where his father was. His father greeted him with delight, and ZiTao pulled King Huang away.

"Father, may I beg of you for a favor?" ZiTao asked with polite, and King Huang looked at his son confusedly. "Son, my only prince, whatever you want, you are willing to have. Why beg for a favor?" King Huang asked, and ZiTao scratched his head. "I...I...I..." ZiTao stuttered, and then chuckles. "What is it, son?" King Huang asked. "I would like to make Yun Lei my bride," he finally managed to spit out.

King Huang then remembered his words to Fang Yun Lei, in which he'll make her ZiTao's bride if she could cure ZiTao like she had said. With a bright smile and nodding with agreement, ZiTao's eyes lit up in glee.

"I'll arrange your wedding with Miss Fang after your birthday," King Huang said, and ZiTao hugged his father. "Thank you very much, father," ZiTao thanked King Huang, and then happily skipped away.

By upon hearing this from afar, Yun Lei gripped onto her silk pink floral robe. She couldn't marry the prince, as this wasn't her duty. However, she can't just leave ZiTao without giving him his last medicine. Of course Yun Lei has fallen for the prince, but with her not even being human, how will she bring herself to tell everyone the truth?

"Yun Lei, why are you feeding the fish alone?" ZiTao asked, as he jogged up towards her, and did a cart wheel flip. "You little show off," Yun Lei said, as she giggled. "Well, I'm full of energetic and not tired anymore. Might as well perform some stunts around, right?" He asked cheerily.

"You're plainly dressed today," ZiTao said, as he saw that Yun Lei wasn't wearing anything fancy. "Well soon to be crowned prince Tao, my wardrobe aren't only filled with designed robes," Yun Lei sarcastically replied, and he chuckled.

"I like your outfit today though, because it's not too much. Just perfectly plain, and I like it," he complimented her pink plain robe.

(THIS IS HER OUTFIT)

"Is that so? Then all my other outfits were a bit too much for the eyes of yours?" Yun Lei asked, and ZiTao chortled.

"Yun Lei, the water lily lantern festival is tomorrow night. So I've been wondering if you'd like to join with me as a couple, and go pray for long live happiness," ZiTao managed to ask, as he quickly changed the subject. Yun Lei turned her direction at ZiTao's, and nodded her head. "That'd be wonderful, as I've only witnessed it and never done it before," Yun Lei answered.

"Great, I've been wanting to do it with someone besides my mother. Haha. I've only gotten to do it twice when I was kid, and then I grew tired," ZiTao said, and Yun Lei smiled a small one at him.

"You're so silly. Then who will go to the festival with Madam Huang?" Yun Lei asked, and ZiTao shrugged. "Maybe my father," he answered, and the two of them laughed.

 

It was late at night, as the people in palace had fallen asleep. The only one who isn't asleep yet, was Yun Lei. She found herself growing weaker and weaker, as she's been giving ZiTao all her energy. Though, everything was worth the sake, as he saved her life from the spider who almost her blood clean.

"Yun Lei jie jie, Yun Lei jie jie," a blue and black colored butterfly called to Yun Lei, whose window was wide open for a tiny sight seeing. "Yao Yao, what are you doing here?" Yun Lei asked the butterfly, as she let her hand out for the butterfly to land on.

"Jie jie, I really miss you and I'm so happy to have finally found you after many years. Are you returning to the palace anytime soon, jie jie?" The butterfly asked.

"Yao Yao, I don't have anymore energy to return. I've devoted my life to save a young man, as he had saved me. Like what Mother nature had once said, 'if no one means any harm to you, then you must then repay them with your kindness'. The young man next door to mine, he helped saved my life, and I'm saving his in return," Yun Lei explained to the butterfly.

"Then this means that you won't ever return?" Yao Yao the butterly asked. "I might return one day, but not anytime soon. Perhaps not ever," Yun Lei answered, and the butterfly lightly flew off of Yun Lei's hand.

"Then you be safe and take care. I'll let the others know that you're doing well and to not worry. However, don't be a fool and get blinded by love, jie jie. A human's heart can be malicious," Yao Yao said, and flew off.

That's when the questions roamed inside Yun Lei's head. 

Can Tao's human heart be malicious?

Will the Huang family forgive her, if she exposed her true identity?

Moreover, will Tao still draw interest in her?

 

It was the night of the water lily lantern festival, and ZiTao was excited. He dressed in a black knight clothing, as he didn't want to be taken noticed quickly by the people around him. The outfit wasn't rather fancy like anything that a prince would wear, but that's ZiTao's intention of wearing the robe. He wanted to be presented as a regular commoner, than being taken noticed as a high class prince.

(This is what Tao wore, minusing the sword lol)

"Yun Lei, are you ready?" ZiTao asked, as he knocked on Yun Lei's bedroom door. She opened her door, and in shock, ZiTao wanted to faint in an instant. "Woah," was all that came out of ZiTao's mouth, as it dropped opened widely. "What, is it too much? Should I go change?" Yun Lei asked, as she looked at her pink with decorated gold satin robe.

(This is what Yun Lei wore)

It wasn't much for Yun Lei, but it proved ZiTao that she is no doctor.

"No, don't change. You're perfectly fine the way you're dressed," ZiTao said, as he blankly stared over his poorly worn outfit. Yun Lei chuckled at him, and brushed some dust off his shoulder. "Don't be upset at your own outfit. I love it on you, Tao. You can finally show off your wushu," Yun Lei teased, and ZiTao laughed.

"We should get going before it ends, your highness," ZiTao joked back, and Yun Lei lightly hits him on the back. 

ZiTao interlocked his fingers with Yun Lei's, and stormed off and out of the palace with her. Yun Lei's heart skipped a beat, as she noticed how ZiTao was being gentle with her. The more she's with him, ZiTao's energy grew more and more. Yun Lei was indeed in love with this man, but just doesn't know how to see him accepting the truth behind her trueself.

"Woah, the lanterns are stunning!" Yun Lei cheered, and ZiTao glanced over at her. She looked like a young playful princess, who seems to finally get fresh air after being locked inside the palace in forever. "They're as gorgeous as you," ZiTao said, and then walks over to the booth and bought two water lilly lanterns.

Yun Lei blushed at ZiTao's comment, and smiled cheekily.

"Here's yours," he told her, as ZiTao hands Yun Lei her lantern. "Why thank you, kind sir," Yun Lei thanked him, and they both chuckled. 

ZiTao quickly lit up his lantern, and before putting it down on the river, he silently said his prayers. Yun Lei watched him, and smiled at his eyes closing along with. When he was done, ZiTao placed his lantern on the water, and watchd it float. Yun Lei then did the same, and said her prayers also. She placed her lantern on the water, and watched it float up next to ZiTao's lantern.

Suddenly, a bit of light rain hovered down. ZiTao quickly help covered Yun Lei with his hands, as they both ran to a bridge with a hood covering over. Yun Lei slightly brushed off the rain on her, and did the same to ZiTao. Without noticing a thing, Yun Lei found her and ZiTao's face just inches away. Her heart started to beat faster than normal, as ZiTao's hands covered Yun Lei's hands that were wiping the rain off of ZiTao's face.

Slowly, ZiTao inched closer to Yun Lei's face, and both their lips touched. The soft peck then continued on as a deeper kiss, as ZiTao soon moved his arms to wrap around Yun Lei's waist. Yun Lei too, wrapped her arms around ZiTao's neck, as their kiss turned into a passionate one.

Whilst kissing and not taking notice of both their lanterns, Yun Lei's lantern light died in an instant, as it slowly floated away from ZiTao's still lighted lantern.


 

CREDITING china-cart.com FOR THE OUTFIT I USED IN HERE. LOL! I knew it that ONE DAY, that site was going to be useful for me. HAHAHA!

Sorry for my FIRST TIME ie historical fic-ish. (still tryna decide on how long i want this story to be. since it won't be a one shot lol)

I mean, I wrote a Korean historical fic once, but then I decided to quit, because I just couldn't do it anymore. LOL. 

HOWEVER, thanks to EXO-M for existing (like Tao lol) I can get back onto writing historical fics, BASED in the China times. Since I grew up watching more Chinese fighting movies than Korean. (SORRY KPOP, BUT I LOVE YOU FOR MODERN TIMES. LOL)

Anyways, the next chapter will soon be updated. Just wait....patiently. LOL!

Thanks for reading! XDD