Chapter 1 - A Trip to Busan

The Tourist

"Tao, what are you doing?" Kris called from the hallway. He didn't hear him though. He was thinking about all the things he would see while in Korea. He would finally be able to see all of the architecture and places he had seen on TV.

"Tao," Kris said as he waved his hand in front of Tao's face. He jumped and looked at him, eyes wide.

"Huh," he asked before he finally realized Kris had walked across the room. "Oh...uh yeah, I was just thinking about how our trip is going to be." He smiled up at Kris and he just smirked as he rolled his eyes at him. He thought Tao was silly and that he daydreamed too much, which wasn't a complete lie.

"Well, are you ready to go?" he took the opportunity to ask his younger friend since he finally had his attention.

"It's time to go already?" he asked and Kris nodded as he pointed at the clock on the wall in front of him.

"I would have thought since you were staring at the thing you would have known that. But, you were spacing out, so I'm not surprised. Yes, it's time. Come on, get your stuff and let's go!" Kris held his bookbag with one hand as it rested on his shoulder and the other hand pulling his suitcase as he kicked the back of Tao's knee.

"Was kicking me really necessary?" he asked as he stood up and grabbed his own bags and suitcase. He always seemed to carry more than Kris, no matter where they were going. They once went to Hong Kong for a school trip and Kris carried only a book bag with a few outfits in it while Tao carried a full suitcase and, well, the same things he had this time. Only, in this instance, they were going to be there for longer than just one week. Tao had maybe one more bag this time. Kris just laughed at Tao as he walked out the door, the boy following right behind him.

...............

At the airport, they got their tickets and passports out and made it to the waiting area. They were fifteen minutes early. About five minutes after they sat down, suddenly the two were surrounded by about ten Koreans who were also waiting for the same flight. There was a small group of about three girls and two guys. Tao couldn't help but listen to their conversation a little bit. Of course, he couldn't really understand most of what they were saying. Suddenly, he heard one of the girls acting cute and she said one word he actually recognized.

"Oppa~!" she cried as she pouted and playfully slapped the tall boy who was sitting next to her. Tao suddenly found himself smiling and turned to Kris.

"Kris! Did you hear that? She said 'oppa'." Kris looked at him weirdly for a few seconds before he decided to say anything.

"Tao, you really shouldn't spend so much time watching Korean dramas," he said and Tao started looking around and noticed a fight being broadcast on one of the flatscreens in the area. "Also, you really shouldn't use that word at all..." He continued to talk for a few seconds longer, but Tao didn't hear half of what he was saying once he discovered the TV in the room. He guessed Kris caught on since he eventually shut up and stared at the departure times.

...............

A few minutes later, and the boys were rushing with all of their belongings to the boarding area. Once on the plane, they found their seats and placed their carry-on baggage in the compartment above them and sat down. Tao wanted the seat closest to the window so he made Kris get up so he could sit there. He didn't like it, but all Tao had to do was pout a little and sound disappointed and he listened to every word he said without complaint. Well, until later on. Then he would complain that he let him get away with too much.

After playing a few games and bickering over random things, they eventually fell asleep. When Tao woke up, Kris was nearly falling into the aisle. He rolled his eyes as he pulled him back into his seat before getting up and walking to the bathroom. When he came back, Kris was waking up and Tao tugged a piece of his hair. He pulled his head away from his hand so fast and stared up at Tao with wide and angry eyes.

"What the..." he started to yell as the muscles in his face eased. "Oh...it's you. Don't do that." He rubbed the back of his head and sat back so that his friend could return to his seat.

"We're almost there. Just a few more minutes," the boy told him as he stood back up momentarily to pull his bag from the overhead compartment. He pulled out a small notebook and a pen and scribbled a few words. Kris tried to look at what he was writing, but he pulled the notebook to his chest and stared at him.

"Why won't you let me see what it is you're writing?"

"It's a secret that I'm not sharing with you," he replied as he stuck his tongue out at him. Kris didn't need to know what he was writing in the notebook. It was none of his business.

Minutes later, the pair landed in Busan, South Korea. Tao was unable to contain his excitement as they collected their belongings at baggage claim, whereas Kris was seemingly unamused by everything.Tao guessed he was just angry he didn't get to sleep longer. He pulled out a piece of paper that he had written their hotel information on and grabbed Kris's arm and pulled him in the direction of a shop in the airport. Tao then bought a map and dragged him outside and smiled as he glanced around at the buildings and people that were busying themselves with various tasks. Tao was excited.

"Let's go!" he said in Korean, although his accent threw off his pronunciation. Kris smiled slightly as he rolled his eyes and followed him toward the edge of the street as they hailed a taxi. They were going to check in at the hotel, drop off their things, and go sightseeing.

-------------------------------------

A/N:

first chapter...not much going on here, but i hope you enjoyed it nonetheless ^^

so, what did you guys think?...comments are much appreciated :D

anyway..i updated earlier than planned cuz i didn't want everyone to wait so long before reading this..
when i get good comments, i feel more encouraged to write and i love getting people's input on things...especially when i'm having a hard time writing something..

any and all opinions are welcomed~

*goes back to packing for college*

well...i decided to change the POV in this story...it was all in Tao's POV, but with everything i have planned thus far can't be written in just his POV..so now, it's omniscient :D

i need to draw a bust portrait of someone before tonight -_-; and i still have to print stuff for my portfolio..not sure when i'll be able to get everything done, but i need to try to get everything accomplished before next Tuesday o_o; *so tired*......