Final

Doesn't Matter

"Heechul..."



My eyes snapped up from the ground to see a figure sitting on my porch steps.



"Ryeowook?!"



He let out a breathy laugh as I rushed to him. He had taken off his jacket and sweat was rolling down his face. It was below freezing now.



"What happened? You're not supposed to be out of the hospital bed," I panicked and wrapped my jacket around him, taking away his sweat-stained one.



"You...I had to see you," his shaking hands grasped mine, "You broke my heart."



I blinked back tears as I pulled him inside. How could I deny the truth? I pushed him to lay on the couch as he fell into a series of coughs.



"I...why are you so stupid? You need to be in the hospital so they can treat you!"



He shook his head as the coughing died down, and he looked at me with glassy eyes, "I'm...I'm going t-to die today. I don't need the hospital anymore."



The tears broke and rolled down his face. I fell to my knees.



"No..."



Ryeowook nodded, "Yes, hyung. I-I had to see you."



Someone started screaming, probably me, and I hit the floor with my fists.



"I heard an angel tell me, hyung. This morning...he, he said God is waiting."



"There...there's no God!"



My anger was only a response to my hurt, but Ryeowook didn't seem fazed.



"Tha-That's really a shame, hyung. I want to see you in heaven. I want to love you, even in the afterlife."



Ryeowook turned his head and smiled. I couldn't control my body, and all I wanted to do was hold him. He felt better in my embrace.



"Why...why did you end it? I was a good boyfriend. I would have always be a good boyfriend to you..."



Tears ran down my cheek and onto his face. My heart must have been thrown into hell when I was a child.



"Baby...you wanted to grow old together. I-I'm not that kind of guy. I...I am not the kind...that settles easily," I managed.



He let out a dry, bitter laugh, "Doesn't really matter now, does it?"



I held onto him tighter, finally up the courage to whisper, "I never stopped loving you."



We were silent for the next few minutes. At first Ryeowook held onto me as tightly as I did to him, but as time passed it lessened. I didn't dare let go.



I finally closed my eyes when I realized...



~



August 1, 2012



Two men were found dead in an apartment last night. The causes for the younger, Kim Ryeowook, 25, were tuberculosis and hypothermia. The other man, Kim Heechul, 30, seems to have died without a specific cause...



________________________



Doc Holiday, anyone?