Forget-Me-Not

Forget-Me-Not [Repost]

 

Forget-Me-Not

-A ChangKyu fanfiction by Only4Kyu-

[drabble]

 

 

I walked my feet slowly towards that garden. It’s Saturday and I got no work or meeting to attend today. As usual, I would always go there, to this place. It’s rather cloudy today but the sky is still as blue as sunny days and the wind blew softly as if it wants to comfort me.

My eyes catch a figure sitting on a bench under the ginkgo tree, the place where I usually sit.

“Excuse me…is it okay if I sat here?” I asked him. A skinny guy with a very pale skin and brown locks that looks so soft in my eyes. His nose is very pointy and his cheek, even though he got a very pale skin are somewhat blushed with a shade of pink. He looks like an angel, moreover with a white shirt and white pants that he’s been wearing.

He turned his head towards me and nodded his head. I smiled and sit beside him.

We sat in silence, that’s when I noticed he’s been holding a blue forget-me-not in his hand.

“You like that flower?” I decided to ask him. Again he turned his head toward me and nodded.

“I don’t know why I found it calming me to look at this flower” he said, finally I can hear his voice. Despite of his cute appearance his voice sounded really low and melodious. He sounded so beautiful, just like how he looks like.

“So, you like its color? Blue?” I asked him again.

He looked up at the sky “Maybe…actually I also like to see that blue sky. It’s calming me” he answered.

“By the way…I’m Changmin” I said, outstretching my hand to shake his.

“I’m…” he looked at his wrist, a paper bracelet around his thin wrist “Cho Kyuhyun” he answered and shake my hand.

“So, Kyuhyunnie? Can I call you that?” I asked him. He smiled at me, a very bright and beautiful smile decorating his face, his chubby cheek blushed upon hearing my nickname for him and he nodded.

We sat there, feeling each other’s presence side by side. No words spoken as both of us sat in silence. I want to stay like this for a while. Being beside him with nothing but the feel of his presence around me.

“I’ve never seen you around before…are you new?” he asked me while looking at me with a questioning look.

My heart clench upon hearing his question but my lips decided to form a smile to him “I’m here to visit someone” I said.

“Owh…that’s so very nice of you. No one ever come to visit me before, your friend must be so lucky to have you visiting” said Kyuhyun, somehow he looks sad when he said that. He might be smiling but I think he feels lonely.

“Actually I’m here to visit my wife…” I said, looking at Kyuhyun’s face.

“Your wife?” he asked me, his expression still unreadable.

I nodded my head “He also likes a blue forget-me-not”

“He? Your wife is a man?” Kyuhyun asked me, his face finally showed some emotion. He got taken aback by my answer.

I grinned upon realizing the sudden change of his facial expression “Yes. My wife is a man but I still love him. I will always love him” and I ended it with a big smile on my face. Remembering those days when I spent all my love and attention only to him.

Kyuhyun looking down on his forget-me-not and said “You’re so brave…”

“I’m not. Actually I’m a coward”

Again he turned his head toward me and stared at me with a bemused look.

“I’m a coward for not be able to tell the man I love who I really am”

Kyuhyun still staring at me. I’m at loss for words as I choose to stare at the ground instead of looking back at him.

Suddenly he reached to my head and patted the top of my head softly “Don’t be sad…” he said while patting my head.

The warmth of his palm that touch my head running to my whole body as he my hair a little. He treated me like a kid but I really like his touch. I need his warmth to calmed me down.

I miss this hand.

“Kyuhyunnie…can I hug you?” I asked him, he’s taken aback with my sudden request. I waited for a few second before he smiled and hug me, he put both of his hand on my back as I buried my face in the crook of his neck and shoulder. I hug him so tight like all my life is hanging on him.

After five minutes of hugging each other I finally let go of him.

“I’m sorry…”

Kyuhyun just smiled “It’s okay, the way you looked…it seems like you need a hug”

We sat again, side by side in silence.

My mind still busy thinking about our hug just now when suddenly he asked me again “Have you meet him? Your wife…”

“Yes...”

“Is he doing good?”

I nodded “He’s still as beautiful as always” that’s when I spotted a gold band around his ring finger and I smiled.

“Kyuhyun-shii? It’s already time to go back to your room…” suddenly a woman wearing a nurse outfit come toward us and called Kyuhyun.

“Eh? Already? It’s only been a while…” he pouted so cutely, I can’t help but smiled at his expression.

“It’s been two hours already…the doctor wants to check on you. Okay?” she said softly as she take Kyuhyun’s hand. Kyuhyun nodded his head and turned his head toward me.

“I’m going first…it’s nice to meet you…” he looked at me as he knitted his eyebrow.

“I’m Changmin” I reminded him.

“Ah yes…Changmin-shii…I hope we can meet again someday. Send my regards to your wife” he said that before bowing and walked away with that nurse, going toward the hospital building.

I looked at my hand, my finger tracing the gold band around my ring finger, an exact pair of the one around Kyuhyun’s ring finger. I took it off and smiled when I saw a name carved on the inside.

Cho Kyuhyun

“I see you’re doing well Kyuhyunnie…my love…” and a single tears fall from my eyes.

 

 

***

 

 

Without noticing it a week had passed since the last time I was here. As usual, I walked toward that place only to find a skinny man with a pale skin and brown soft locks sitting on the bench under the ginkgo tree.

“Excuse me…is it okay to sit here?” I asked him.

He turned his head and smile “Yes”

I sit beside him. We sat there in silence when I decided to start a conversation “I’m Shim Changmin” I said to him, with my hand outstretches toward him.

He looked at my hand and a white paper bracelet around his tiny wrist where they wrote his name “I’m Kyuhyun…” he said and shakes my hand. It’s still there, an exact pair of a gold band around my ring finger is still there…around his long and slender ring finger. I smiled.

 

 

 

-END-