A Wonderful Surprise

Sweet Taste

 

 

A/N: So I forgot to mention this but I got the inspiration from this amazing book I read. I love reading books over the summer...yes I'm a nerd like that :p

 

Who would have thought a sweet lie from my very own “godmother” could turn my world upside down? Now I’m living my life as Cinderella with my very own charming prince. Except for the fact that he is ten million miles away…

 

“Why am I here?” I asked again for the fifth times to anyone who would listen.

 

“This is unreasonable. Why didn’t they stop to think about the life us teenagers have? It’s winter break for crying out loud! We should have left school ages ago!” And my complaint went on…

 

The other people around me rolled their eyes and moved far away from me. I couldn’t really blame them since I was complaining on like that. I knew I was being childish for complaining, but I promised Jiyong that we would facetime the moment I leave school. But here I am, still at school, helping the other students’ organize the library.

 

Jiyong left for China a couple of months ago to help his father with the company. And even though we would still see each other on mostly breaks or special occasions, it was never enough. So we’d spent most of our time facetiming with each other.

 

Sometimes I’d think I’m dating my phone instead of Jiyong.

 

Yeah I know. It’s sad.

 

It would be nice to have someone to share the misery with…

 

“Well, I’m not doing anything over the break,” Han Byul shared to help feel a little bit better.

 

“I thought Dong wook planned a dinner for the both of you,” I said.

 

“Oh that!” She waved her hand as if was a no big of a deal at all. “He did, but it’s nothing special. He takes me out all of the times.”

 

“Geez. Thanks for making me feel better.” I grumpily said.

 

She rolled her eyes. “I’m sure Jiyong planned something special.”

 

That night I studied Jiyong’s handsome face on my face before sighing.

 

“Hey what’s wrong?” He asked.

 

“I miss you.” I said while smiling weakly at him.

 

Jiyong frowned before slowly smiling back at me. “I miss you too. I wish I could come there right now and take you out, but my dad still needs me.”

 

“I know. I’m just being greedy.” I whispered as I looked down at hands.

 

“Hey don’t look so down. I planned something special for tomorrow night.”

 

My lifted up my face and forced a smile. “Are you taking me out for dinner?” I joked hoping to hide my sadness.

 

We both laughed at my lame joke.

 

“We’ll see. I’ll call you at eight, okay?”

 

I nodded, then he said a few more things and I said a few more things back to him before the both of us said goodnight. 

-

“What’s this?” I asked Bom as she handed me a dress.

 

“This is for your date with Jiyong. Duh.”

 

I frowned seeing the black tube dress. “But we will only see other over the screens.”

 

“Yeah, I know,” she said. “But you’ll feel prettier and that will make the date more special.”

 

I sighed. “Okay fine if it help.”

 

Bom grinned. “Trust me it will. Jiyong will love it!”

 

She looked around the room before walking over to my desk and grabbed my comb. “Let me help with your hair.”

 

I smiled. “Thanks Bom.”

 

She was one of the people I know I could depend on. Even though she was supposed to be on a date herself, but she insisted on helping me get ready.

 

“So you know what Jiyong planned?”

 

“Don’t know,” I shrugged.

 

Bom stopped fixing my hair and asked. “What would you like him to do?”

 

“Hmm…I would like to go out for dinner and maybe a walk around the Han River at night.” Then realizing what I just said, I laughed. “Aigoo. If only he was here.”

 

“Just like your first date.” She smiled. “Oh I forgot I have to call Top. Get change, okay?”

 

I nodded.

-

Bom never came back from her call with Top, but I guessed they have a lot to talk about.

 

About around 7:30, I was finishing up my makeup and checking myself in the mirror. I hope Jiyong like it. Even though he will only be seeing my face and shoulders.

 

I doing a last take in front of the mirror when my phone rang, I quickly ran toward my bed to answer it.

 

“Hey,” Jiyong said. “How’s everything going?”

 

“I’m almost done. Just let me open my laptop.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be waiting.”

 

I sat my phone to the side and open my laptop when the doorbell rang.

 

What now

 

“Bom can you answer the door for me!” I shouted, there was no response.

 

I stood up and opened the door, “Bom?” I stuck my head out of the hallway.

 

Where is she?

 

I walked down the stair barefoot and looked around for any signs of Bom. The doorbell rang again and this time I went to open the door.

 

“Who is-“ Whatever words I was about to say was immediately forgotten.

 

Because standing there right in front of me was a familiar handsome face of Jiyong.

 

“Hey,” he said and handed me a bouquet of roses.

 

I was too bewilder to response instead I dropped the roses to the floor and threw my arms around his neck.

 

“But I thought-but how did you do it?” I asked.

 

He held me close. “I asked my dad for a couple of days off so I can be with you.” He smiled at me, showing his perfect white teeth.

 

Oh how I missed his smile!

 

“Of course you would do that,” I laughed softly.

 

He pulled back so he could see my face, his dark eyes searching mine. “I had to be here for you and I promise you this will be the best winter break ever.”

 

“I know it will,” I said. Then a thought occurred to me. “Hey, did Bom know about this?”

 

“Of course she did. She helped me arrange everything.”

 

“No wonder…” I whispered. This was the reason why she makes me wear this dress.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You were the reason why Bom makes me wear this dress,” I told him.

 

He lets go of me and looked at me from head to toe before throwing me the smile that won me over.

 

“I’m glad she did because you look beautiful.”

 

He grabbed my hand and planted a kiss on it. “Ready to go?”

 

I couldn’t help, but to blush. “Where are we going?” I asked him as we head outside.

 

“I make a reservation at a restaurant and then we will go for a walk at the Han River.”

 

Bom…I thought with a giggle.

 

He stopped on his track and pulled my waist toward him. 

 

“I’m also glad Bom called me and told me about this.” He leaned in, “I love you Sandara Park,” he whispered. And then his lip found mine. 

 

>>>>

Until next time guys!

JuicyC_star<3