The Story I Wish I Didn't Have to Tell

Dear Oppa~DISCONTINUED for the time being

 

    “Ji Eun ssi, I know this is hard for you but I need you to go back and re-tell the night that Minhyuk passed away.” Her psychiatrist told her gently.

Ji Eun pushed her long dark hair away from her face, sighing as she sat on the couch opposite her psychiatrist. When she spoke her words were abrupt, as she struggled not to choke on her words.

“Oppa and I were getting ready to go out for our one year anniversary…” Ji Eun started off, closing her eyes as she tried her best to remember every detail of that night that took a turn for the worst.

-

“I thought I’m never gonna fall in love~ But I’m in love, just wanna love you baby~” Ji Eun sang happily to herself while she sat in front of her vanity mirror, brushing her long dark hair.

She wore a royal blue A-line dress, that nipped in at the waist, and slightly billowed out at the hem, where it skimmed slightly above her knees.

A black sash decorated the back of the dress, and she tied it behind her loosely into a bow. Adding one last touch to her ensemble, Ji Eun put on a simple delicate, silver chained necklace that Minhyuk had given her, which held a small tear drop shaped emerald.

Smiling, Ji Eun spritzed on a quick spray of perfume, grabbed a small black clutch purse with her phone and wallet, and left her bedroom, walking down the long stretch of hallway and down the stairs.

Passing the living room she saw her older brother Seung Gi, talking to himself as he recited lines he wanted to use to woo girls.

Ji Eun shook her head, but walked into the living room with an affectionate smile for her brother. “Oppa, please stop being so cheesy and just be yourself.”She reminded him.

Seung Gi glanced at her and gave a goofy smile. “But dongseng, it’s what I do best.” He said trying to flip his hair. Ji Eun bursted out in laughter, but gave her brother a quick hug.

 

“Come on oppa. Yoona unni might laugh even harder than I did if you do that.” She pointed out. SeungGi shrugged.

“Have a good night then. Don’t stay out too late. Yada yada you know the drill.” He reminded her.

Ji Eun nodded. “Oh I better say bye to omma too.” She remembered and walked into the kitchen.

Her mom was rolling out  dough to make mandu (dumpling) soup and smiled warmly at her youngest daughter when she walked in.

“Ji Eun ah, you look beautiful.” She told her sincerely. Ji Eun smiled, hugging her mom and kissing her on the cheek.

“Not as beautiful as you omma. I love you and I’ll be back home in a little while.” Ji Eun told her, and her mom nodded.

 

She said goodbye and left the kitchen to go out the front door when her father came home from work. She kissed him on the cheek as well, as he placed his briefcase in the doorway.

 

“Is tonight the night Ji Eun ah?” Her father asked, his eyes crinkling warmly. Ji Eun smiled.

“Neh appa. Minhyuk oppa will be here soon. I won’t be out too late.” She told him.

Just then a tall figure appeared at the doorway, and it was Minhyuk, right on time.

 

He walked inside the house, after Ji Eun’s father welcomed him inside, he bowed to him and Ji Eun’s mom, and chatted with them for a bit, and then he led Ji Eun outside to his car, guiding her gently, with his hand on the small of her back.

 

-

   Ji Eun suddenly burst out sobbing, breaking off the flashback and her psychiatrist, instructed her to breathe.

Ji Eun’s eyes grew small, and her stare grew cold as her eyes were red and puffy. “Breathe? You know what happened to my boyfriend and you’re telling me to just breathe?!” She exclaimed, in shrieks.

 

The psychiatrist did not flinch. “Ji Eun ssi, I didn’t mean..” She started off but Ji Eun cut her off.

 

“No. I know you say that you’re trying to help me but I can’t do this. Not now. I’m sorry.” She said quickly, and left the room. On her way down the hallway passing the receptionist desk, as

she walked in a brisk pace, another office door opened, and someone carrying a bunch of papers in 

a stack bumped into her, sending the papers flying up into the air and scattering all over the carpeted floor.

 

_________________________________________

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.