The moon

Searching for the full Moon

 

Narrator POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was morning, Lee Hyukjae, also known as Eunhyuk was getting up, readying himself for the oncoming day. The night before was a rough one, he had fallen asleep listening to music. It was an act that he despised because every morning he would awake with his earphones wrapped around his neck as if they were going to strangle him but could not help to do so. 

He got dressed and left his house and eventually he met up with his best and only friend Donghae. The two had decided before hand that they would explore the random street corners of Seoul and see if they could find any good places. Yup, you guessed it; they were skipping school, though they had told their parents otherwise.


 

The two loved walking the streets, for them it was like a breath of fresh air. Though traveling crowded streets it felt as if were just the two of them, a feeling they loved so much. Eunhyuk and Donghae were special, Eunhyuk was the son of a Chaebol known to all, and on the other hand Donghae's parents were former idols. Everywhere they went people wanted no expected things from things that they that they could not give. Eunhyuk did not want to succeed his father and all Donghae really wanted to do was play soccer. Donghae was a filial child however, and eventually gave in and dragged Eunhyuk in with him. They were studying dance and surprisingly Eunhyuk loved it. Even still, the stress of over taking his father had always over shadowed Eunhyuk and really he could not take it. His mind began to wander to this fact the night before. He could not stand another person trying to order him around at school. Thus he came up with the idea of skipping school today; he had business class, which was his most hated thing. And as the loyal friend he is Donghae followed. Little did the two know but this one little lie, this one little negative action-- would change their lives forever.

 

"Hey look" Donghae said pointing to an old statue in the middle of a forked road. The statue was bronzed and was an old Greek design, but this statue was a bit different from what they had previously seen in text books. There were two statues one male one female attached (they were probably Gods), one on the left and one on the right. Together they held up what Donghae recalled to be the scales of Justice and underneath was something that seemed to be a clock.

"It's the exact time right now as it is on the clock." Donghae told him. Eunhyuk checked his watch and what Donghae told him was true. Looking back up Eunhyuk realized that they were standing in the middle of a fork in the road.

 

"Left" said a faint, but familiar voice.

 

"Did you hear something?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Ani."

After staring at the left alley he decided to walk that way.

Eventually they found themselves in an unfamiliar place; it was an ally of some sort and gave off a dark and mysterious feeling. As they walked the cold morning breeze had struck the two without warning, causing them to regret wearing their light clothing. 

 

Eunhyuk POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's just go in here." Donghae suggested, pointing at the nearest shop.

Quickly, and stupidly, we ran in.

The store was filled with statues, China and various other antiques. Though Donghae managed to become entranced by two sets of Opera masks. A black and Gold one and a Gray and black one which he tried to get me to put on. My interest lied however, in a beautiful fog colored Jewel that laid high on a pedestal deep in the back.  As I approached the pedestal I noticed that there was something transcribed on the bottom. I wiped off the dust and noticed words in Greek 'το υπόλοιπο του ϕεγγαριού'. "Donghae, you took Greek right? Read this" I called, beckoning him over.

Staring at the plaque he began to mouth words and finally said "
to ypóloipo tou fengarioú".

"Which means?" I asked.

"The rest or pedestal of the moon."

"So I'm guessing this Jewel is called 'the moon'"

"Probably."

"to ypóloipo tou fengarioú, huh." I said, strangely able to repeat Donghae's words exactly as I stood, staring at the breathe taking Jewel.

Suddenly everything began to shake. I accidentally bumped into the pedestal and as a result the Jewel went flying of the pedestal and on to the floor before me. Right before our eyes, it shattered and in the same instance everything turned white. “Into the void" a voice repeated.

I closed my eyes tight and everything around me seemed to spin, as if they were caught in whirl wind. I felt my body being lifted and within almost the same millisecond I felt as if I was thrown back on to the ground. But it was weird, what I felt was not the marble floor of the shop but some type of wild grass. Struggling, I was finally able to open my eyes, everything was so hazy, and finally I saw it. I was no longer in the shop but in some type of forest.

"DONGHAE" I thought.

Searching around the grass I found Donghae passed out about 10 feet away.

"Donghae, Donghae." I yelled as I tried to wake him. "Aish~ Ya! You better wake up Lee Donghae." I continued, shaking him with all my strength. His eyes slowly began to open and he gave me a strange look.

"Are you okay?" I asked, glad that he woke up. Donghae continued to give me a blank stare and finally opened his mouth to speak.

"ποιος είσαι?"

"What?"

Then I heard a strange sound, ignoring it I focused back onto Donghae.

"Who are you?" he asked. 

                                          _____