I owe you a flavor

Sweet Delights

 

“Donghae! We ran out of banana muffins! Make a new batch now!” yelled the impatient Mr Kim, owner of  ‘Cloud 9’ bakery. It was an ordinary Monday morning, the bakery atmosphere was bustling as many office workers scrambled around the shop to grab pastries of all shapes and sizes.

“Coming right up boss!” Lee Donghae replied, wiping his sweat that was trickling down his forehead.

 

Donghae was a student fresh out of college, and he was in need of a job. He had a passion for baking, and wanted to be a top-class baker. He was one of the few young people who loved baking.

 

Soon, it was noon. There weren’t many customers so Donghae could take a break. Usually, he would man the counter as the boss would leave when the crowd disappears.

Suddenly, the door opened gently as the sound of wind-chimes travelled to his ears.

“Um….hello, can I have a strawberry tart to go, please?” said a beautiful young lady in her early 20s.

“U-h-uh sure!” Donghae stammered. He had never seen such a lovely girl in his entire life, yet, she seemed so familiar.

“Wait….are you…Im Yoona by any chance?” He decided to try his luck.

“How did you know my name?”  

“You were my elementary school classmate! I was the boy who used to make buns for the whole class remember? I’m Lee Donghae!” Donghae replied with enthusiasm.

“OH! Wow, you’ve changed a lot! I could barely recognize you, but you’re a looker, aren’t you? The last time I saw you, you had lots of acne and you wore glasses,” she said.

Donghae blushed and nodded, “May I have your number? Maybe I can meet up for a coffee or lunch when you’re free.”

“Sure. I’ll write it down.”

She left a small piece of paper that contained her number, her name and also a tiny heart.

 

I was looking for her for years, I can’t believe I finally found her.”