Bathwater

One Shot Collection

 

 

Key burst through the apartment door and slammed it roughly behind him, hitting Jonghyun square in the face.

"Key~," he called cutely. His aegyo was always something Key could not resist, and it had managed to get him out of multiple arguments.

He ignored Jonghyun's call and rolled his eyes as he made his way to their bedroom.

"Why are you so upset?"

He spun around to face his lover. "Don't give me that bull Jong! You knew she was going to be there, didn't you?"

Jonghyun couldn't hold back his annoyed sigh. He knew that when they ran into Shin Sekyung at the coffee shop, he would have hell to pay. "Why would I want to make you upset?"

"Do you enjoy rubbing your conquests in my face?"

Jonghyun frowned slightly, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion. "Key. You know I don't." 

"Do I, Jong? Your cell phone is filled with easy and loose es."

"But baby," Jonghyun paused and he noticed Key's eyes soften at the nickname, "you're in there too." 

He rolled his eyes and turned to leave, heading straight for their master bathroom. Jonghyun smirked at his lover's response and reluctantly followed a couple of paces behind. "Aw, come on. Key, it was just a joke!" He leaned himself on the door frame, his hands stuck in his pockets and his puppy dog eyes sparkling with suppressed laughter.

Key looked in the mirror, his feline eyes tearing up at the corners, and whipped his head to meet Jonghyun's gaze. "That's just it, Jong! Everything is a joke to you! Can't you ever take things seriously? Can't you take me seriously?"

"I do take you seriously." He pushed himself upright and made his way behind Key, his arms encircling the younger's thin waist and pulled him into a tight embrace. Jonghyun placed a light kiss on the back of Key's neck and rest his head on his shoulder. "Stop being so jealous."

Key shrugged him off, annoyed. "Stop giving me reasons to be." He his heel and walked back into their bedroom, Jonghyun following close behind.

"She's a coworker, Key! A COWORKER! We went out on ONE DATE. TWO years ago. Before I even MET YOU!"

"Did you sleep with her?"

The question caught him off guard, and Jonhyun stood there stupidly staring, unable to formulate a lie. Part of him not wanting too.

"I'll ask you one more time. Did you sleep with her?"

"No?" Jonghyun answered sheepishly, his shoulders shrugging involuntarily.

"That's what I thought."

"I am so- ugh! Whatever!" he walked out of the bedroom and Key could have sworn he heard the sound of his beautiful, Italian, hand carved wooden table being flipped. His fine China plates being stripped from their cabinets and flung across the wall, shattering into tiny, unfixable pieces. Jonghyun returned to the bedroom, a plate in his left hand, and pointed it at Key angrily. "You act so god damned high and mighty all the ing time! Well, not all of us can be 21 year old S!" He slammed the plate onto the ground as if to accentuate his point. Jonghyun breathed deeply, his chest heaving and puffed in both fury and defiance as he waited for Key's reply.

"Well not everyone is a 22 year old MANWHORE!" He shot up from the bed and walked past Jonghyun, their shoulders brushing as he did.

Jonghyun reached out and grabbed Key's forearm, successfully stopping the other in his tracks. "WHY CAN'T YOU TRUST ME?" 

"Because I'm scared!" The tears that Key had been holding back now fell freely down his cheeks, fat drops rolling down his chin and disappearing into his white, cotton-blend t-shirt. He turned his back to Jonghyun and buried his head in his hands. He felt his lover's large, warm hand on his back and he choked back a sob.

Jonghyun pulled him into a tight hug, one hand resting lightly on Key's waist, and the other drawing soothing circles in the middle of his back. "Scared of what?"

"Of you not loving me as much as I love you."

Jonghyun pulled away and brought his hands to either side of Key's face. He swiped his thumbs under the younger's eyes and brushed away the tears that were still slowly falling. He brought their foreheads together and gazed deep into his lover's eyes. "How many times do I have to say it, Key? You're my kind of man."