Running away

Stigmatized

8 Oct. 2011

11.26

Exotic Paradise

 

It's just another regular day for Wu Yifan. The same routines, same place, and most of all the same customers.

Wake up at 8. Then arrived at work at 9.30. Taking an order, cleaning up the tables. And then going home at 9pm. And then he will repeat it again tomorrow and then the day after that and the day after the day after that and so on and so on.... That's what Yifan do for the past 32 months, 25 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes, 40 seconds of his life. And yes, he's counting on it.

He's moving to Korea about 3 years ago, looking for a job-got fired-found another one-got fired again until finally he found a suitable place for him. Exotic Paradise, a restaurant.

He moved to korea because he wants to forget. He wants to forget about his ex boyfriend, Zhang Yixing.

He loved him. Or loves him. Because after all that he has done, in a weary night, his thought will always go back to 'that day'...

 

................

 

"No Yifan, it's not like what you think... Luhan is just my best friend. I've known him for the rest of my life. He was drunk.... And then..."

"And then he kissed you, Yixing...!" Yifan growled, he's angry and he's jealous with that blond little guy who always revolving around his boyfriend, "...don't think that i don't know yixing.... I don't want you to keep fooling me like this.

Yixing stared at Yifan in confusion, "What are you talking about? I'm not fooling you around.. I'm telling you the truth..!!"

Yifan scoffed, "Really? Then you are a very big ing liar, Yixing.."

"What?" There's a deafening silence before finally yixing let that word out.

Yifan smiled bitterly, he let out a heavy sigh before finally say, "Let's just stop here, Yixing. Let's end it here. I can't anymore... I.... I'm tired." Yifan clenched his jaw. Trying so hard not to let the tears flowing out of his body.

On the other hand, Yixing seemed too shocked to response. They did quarrel a lot of times. And most of it because of Yifan's unreasonable jealousy. But no matter how hard Yixing tried to explain it, Yifan would keep doubting him. He didn't trust him at all.

Noticing the silent treatmet from the younger guy, Yifan could only smile faintly. He's tired. If Yixing wanted to be with Luhan, then let him be...

Yifan tapped on Yixing's shoulder, "Goodbye..." and then leave without even seeing the tears that managed to escape from Yixing's eyes.

 

...........

 

"Yifan..."

Yifan turns his head and see his manager, Donghae, is already standing behind him.

"Yes hyung? Is there anything that i can help?" Yifan asked after he finished cleaning the table.

"Well tomorrow my old friend will come at 12. But since i have an appointment with one of our supplier around that time, could you please accompany him for awhile?"

"Well i want to. But how about my work?"

"I already asked Chen to replace you until i come back here."

Yifan shrugs, "If you say so, boss.."

A smile beamed on Donghae's face "Thank you Yifan. I'll give you mid year bonus."

Yifan smirks, "Thanks boss."

 

.........

 

9 October 2011

11.25

It's 35 mins again until Donghae's friend arrives

Yifan's a bit curious with Donghae's friend, because he seems very special to him. Well yeah of course, since he's an old friend. But the problem is, Donghae is an introvert type of person. He works about 18/7. He arrives at work when everybody's still at home and return home very late because he have to check a daily report after work hour. The man is barely having time for his own. Even for a date. The workers there barely seen him hanging out around with his friends. That's why Yifan is a bit curious when Donghae said his friend will come.

"Yifan hyung, Donghae hyung's guest is already arrived." Chen's head popped out of nowhere.

"He's here already? Which table?" Yifan asked while taking off his apron and fixing his hair a bit. Well, since Donghae already trusted his friend to him. At least he has to look... fine.

"He's at table 12. A guy with checkered shirt."

Yifan is a bit relieved to know that it is a guy. Well, he's a little bit awkward around girls.

Actually, a lot of girls put an interest on him. Well Yifan's a living proof that God does exist. He has an unbelievably handsome look. Well maybe handsome itself was an understatement. He, himself is a God. And that's according to every female that has an encounter with him. Sadly Yifan doesn't like girls.

Yifan scanning his eyes through the place and he darted his eyes to the table no.12

"Good day sir..." Yifan greets him

The guy turned his head and nods his head. A smile's drawing on his face.

"My name is Wu Yifan. Mr. Lee asked me to accompany you until he's back."

The guy in front of him let out a light chuckle, "That guy, i already said it's okay. What a stubborn bastard... Well, have a seat, Yifan. My name's Sehun by the way."

Yifan pulls a chair in front of Sehun and seated himself there. From the looks of it, seems like Sehun is a nice guy.

"Excuse me for a sec.." Sehun rummaged his pocket and take out his phone. He's smiling when he reads the caller id

"Yaa Lee Donghae... What is this? Why are you bothering other people to accompany me? I told you lulu will be with me. Eyyy you... That's why Hyukjae hyung said that you are really a tiring person." he laughs

Yifan feels like his presents here is unwanted. Awkward.

"I'm sorry. Don't get offended by my words." Sehun said after he hung up the phone.

"Nah it's okay."

"Ah lulu..!!" Sehun waves his hand to someone behind Yifan.

"Hey, I'm sorry i'm late..."

Yifan turned his head to see that Lulu guy. His eyes widened, "Luhan?"

 

...........

 

Yifan's mind isn't at ease. His encounter with Luhan still surprised him. Why of all people he has to meet him here?

Yifan still can't forget everything that Luhan did to his relationship with Yixing. And yes, he's blaming Luhan for everything.

He can just punch that pretty face of Luhan. But he restrained himself. After all Luhan still have a connection with Donghae. And he can't just having a punching spree to him. People will ask why. And he doesn't feel like explaining anything.

Yifan let out a sigh. He's frustrated. He knows that he still can't forget Yixing. But at least he's far away from him. He's not anywhere near him. That's why Yifan chose to move to Korea. To be as far as he can be from Yixing. Because if he stayed close to him, he might begged for him to come back to his life. That he regretted his decision. But he doesn't want that. He's tired with everything. He's tired of himself.

A knock on his door, distracting his mind. Yifan reads the time. It's almost 11pm. What kind of person visiting others at 11? He doesn't have a close friend, except Kyungsoo and Jongin. But both of them are having a vacation to Jeju island. So it can't be them.

 

"What are you doing here?" Yifan asked in a cold tone when he recognized the familiar figures in front of him.

Luhan ignores the question, instead he's giving Yifan a piece of paper.

Yifan knitted his brows, "What is this?" the question seemed retort, tho a bit sceptical, but he already knew the answer to that question.

"You know what to do. Just go and find out for yourself. Or you will regret it for the rest of your life. Please.." Luhan pleaded.

Yifan reads the paper. It is an address, just like what he thought. And it's in korea. Yifan chuckles bitterly, "So he's here too? Both of you? So you're finally together? Well at least you guys doesn't need to hide your relationship anymore..."

A punch landed on his face. "Seriously you.... You such a jealous stubborn ing bastard!!" Luhan screamed in frustration. He landed another punches on Yifan's face, "I wish you knew the pain that you already gave him!!!"

Yifan can taste the blood on his lips. He then laughs, he's laughing hard like a mad man, "What do you know about pain, Luhan? You're the one who keep coming between us!! I know that you guys have something....!! that's why i'm leaving in a first place!!"

Luhan breathed heavily. He knows how stubborn Yifan is. He's mad at him. It's understandable. No matter how hard he explains, the tall guy wouldn't listen. That's why he needs to bring him to Yixing. Before everything's too late

"Listen. I just need you to trust me. Just trust me this time. Go to that place tomorrow. I'll be there too. Please... Just... Please. Before you regret it..."

 

.........

 

Yifan keep staring at the paper on his hand. Yixing's there right now. He can't believe that Yixing's in Korea. Since when? And for how long? He smiles bitterly, maybe that's why... His presence's still lingers sometimes. That he tends to think about him sometimes. Does he think about him too? But then Yifan laughs at his own thought. You're pathetic Wu Yifan. Miserably pathetic.

"Are you not feeling well?" Chen's question snapped Yifan's mind back to reality.

"I'm sorry?"

"Are you sick?" Chen repeated his question.

Yifan shakes his head hesitantly, "Not that i know of... Why?"

Chen nods, "I see you keep staring at that address. So i thought..."

Yifan turned his head to Chen, he looks puzzled, "What does a paper have anything to do with whether i'm sick or not?"

Chen scratches his left ear, "Well, i grew up in Apgujeong. So in an instance i know the address that you're staring at is a hospital address."

 

.......

 

Yifan POV

 

After getting permission from Donghae, I immediately went to the address that Luhan gave me. I don't know why but i have a bad feeling about this.

My heart's getting heavier and heavier as i put my steps inside the building. Medicines are everywhere. I can smell it. And i hate it.

 

"May i help you sir?" the nurse in front desk asked me politely.

I calm myself for awhile before finally answered, "Uh... Yes. I'm wondering if you have any patients named Zhang Yixing?"

"Please wait for awhile sir.... Mr. Zhang Yixing, room number 201. Take the stairs on the hall. 3rd room on the left."

"Okay thank you."

I immediately look for the room that the nurse told me, until someone's tapping my shoulder.

"Finally you co--- No, i knew that you'll come." Luhan looks relief with my presence there.

 

"Is he sick? What's going on with him? Is he alright?"

Luhan let out a sigh, "I don't know Yifan. Let's hope he will.."

Luhan's words somehow gives an unexplainable pain in my heart.

 

Let's hope he will..

 

Before you regret it. Please...

 

.....

 

I lost for words once i arrived on room 201. A guy's lying there. There's a lot of cables are surrounding him. Cable from heart-monitor, from IV drop, & two others from other machines that i don't know.

"Yixing... Yixing... I'm here.." i take his hand and intertwined our fingers. His hand is really cold. "What happened, Lu? Why is he like this?" I asked Luhan, refusing to leave my gaze from the pale guy in front of me. This is not Yixing that i know of. Is this really him? My heart's squeezed by something invisible.

"Suicidal attempt. That's what happened."

I turned my gaze to Luhan and stares at him in disbelief, "W... What? Suicide?"

Luhan looks away, "He blames himself for everything. He blames himself for making you leave. He blames himself for making you not trusted him. He blames himself when he knows that you left China because of him. He's silently crying every night. I know because he always waking up with swollen eyes. He loves you so much Yifan, he can't live without you. And then one day he started this crazy ideas on his mind. One night i was checking up on him, and i found him on bathroom surrounding by pool of blood. He cuts his left wrist to the point he can't use it anymore. It's half dead, the doctor said.." Luhan biting his lips, he swallowed hard, "and that's his first attempt of suicide. After that he kept trying hurting himself in any possible way. He said that maybe the pain that he felt can help him forget..."

I caressed the pale face in front of me. I'm too shocked to comprehend all the information that i got. "How did he get here?"

"I don't know. I haven't got a chance to talk to him. He's like that ever since i met him here. The doctor said, he's starving himself for a week before finally he took a large amount of sleeping pills. And he's been on that state ever since. Not waking up nor responding to his environment."

"How long is it?"

"5 months.." i barely can hear luhan's respond.

"He's been experiencing a lot of an almost death experience. I don't know how, but he always managed to escape from the death. But i don't know Yifan... I'm afraid that he... he will..."

"Don't..." i stopped him from saying anything further, "....just... don't..."

 

.........

 

Luhan's picked by his boyfriend, Sehun, after i convince him to take a rest. He already did his job, accompanying Yixing, his own best friend. But now it's my turn. Although it sounds cliche, but i want to redeem all the stupid things that i've done. I want to be the first person that he sees if he's waking up. I'll be down on my knees and asking forgiveness for my stupidity back then. We'll have a new start. We'll be together again.

"Yixing ah... I'm here. Please open your eyes, honey. I'm here.." i whispered to his ears.

"I'm sorry for all the pain i put you through. I was wrong. I was a stubborn bastard. I'm a bad person. I'm sorry. We can have a brand new start. I promise i won't make you feel sad again. Please just open your eyes.." i desperately clinging into his arms. Letting the tears flowing out of my body. It hurts me seeing him like this. This is not Yixing. Yixing that i know is a lively person. He's a bright person, the curious type. Although sometimes he's a bit slow and clumsy. But i love that Yixing. I was a fool once. An imbicile. I let my jealousy clouding up my judgment. What a childish brat i am.

You have to wake up so you can scold me, and take me back into your arms again. Please baby...

 

.....

 

It's been a week, and there's still no sign of progress. Yixing still not opening his eyes. Every night i will come just for having a one way monologue with him. Or maybe playing my favorite song or watching movies. They said, sometimes there's a part of unconscious people that still aware to his environtment. So i did everything that i could to make him acknowledge my presence in here. He has to know that.

 

......

 

It's been 4 days that i haven't go to hospital yet. It's been a busy week. I even have to go home late. Just got 4 or 3 hours to sleep in a day. Since it takes an hour to go to the hospital, i decided not to go for awhile. So i asked Luhan to keep Yixing company for awhile. Maybe after this frenzy ends, i'll take 2 weeks off. Yeah, sounds a better plan to me.

 

....

 

I'm helping Chen, writing a stock report of the ingredients that we have, in order to make a purchase order tomorrow. Meanwhile Chen's checking on a new batch of wines that supplier has sent this morning.

I read the time. it's almost midnight already.

I let out a big yawn as i feel my eyes are getting heavier. And that's when i heard a bell from front door's jingling. I knitted my brows, as i try to remember whether i already have put the Closed sign or not.

"I'm sorry but we already closed. You can come back tomorrow.." i turned my head and frozen when i see who's coming, "yixing..?" I blink my eyes a couple of times to make sure it's really him.

He's smiling at me, "Yifan..." and then slowly take a few step closer to me. This time finally i can see his face clearly.

"It's been awhile... I miss you. And i'm sorry Yixing. For everything."

Yixing nods. He looks sad.

I cupped his face, "What's wrong, baby? Why you look so sad?"

Yixing shakes his head lightly. He's smiling to convince me that he's alright. And then the next thing i know, he kisses me.

Oh dear God, how i miss this sweet taste of him. Everything seems surreal now. I hope it's not only a dream. Because everything feels just right.

We parted our body and look at each other eyes.

"I love you..." i whisper to him.

This time, a tear's escaping from his eyes, "I know. I love you too. Be happy, Yifan. And i'm really sorry..."

"Sorry for what?"

Yixing doesn't answer. Slowly he take a few step back.

"Where are you going? Don't go yet.... Yixing?"

 

......

 

I open my eyes as i feel a ray of light's shining down on me.

The first thing i noticed is i'm still at the restaurant. Maybe i was overslept last night

"Good morning, hyung.." Chen greets me.

"What time is it?"

"Seven thirty..."

A bell on doorway's jingling again. Bring me back to last night memories. I immediately got up and look at the doorway. It's Luhan.

"Good morning sir. I'm really sorry..."

 

Luhan's ignoring Chen. He just walking straight towards me. "I'm sorry Yifan... He's giving up.. He passed away this morning.."

 

......

 

"So that's why you're coming to me last night. To say goodbye?" my feet's giving up to the point that i'm falling down on my knees. I rest my body to his grave. "...does it hurt? It must be hard for you right? Hanging on for this long? Rest well, honey... It's okay... Everything's gonna be okay. I promise..."

 

........

 

In the next morning... Apgujeong's citizen's being shaken by news from media. Police has found a dead body in a local cemetery. It's a male, age around 24 years old. The name is Wu Yifan. The cause of death is still unknown.