Confession

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

The rays of the sunshine greeted your creamy, white skin. You glanced at the blue striped clock hanging from your right wall –

 

7:20 AM

 

 Your eyes widened and you stumbled down your bed. You rushed to your bathroom to change to your uniform. You got your back pack stuffed with books and school materials and opened the door. At that point of time, you didn’t notice a person passing by; hence, you accidentally bumped unto him. “Ow…” you rubbed your swollen head, stood up and got our bag which was lying on the cold floor.

 “Sorry!” you rushed to go to your school. *Hm…* the guy smiled, *Clumsy Yun Hae…*

 

 

 “Ha…” you sighed. You rested your head on your palm, the other hand on the table. *Good thing Mr. Choi was out.* You giggled. *I wonder who was that guy that I bumped to... Was that Jiyoon...? * Your thoughts were disrupted when the school bell rang –

 RRIIIING!!!

 “LUNCH TIME!” everyone exclaimed and headed off to the canteen. You too stood up and saw a familiar figure standing in front of you, “Yunnie~” Tao grinned, his lips reached his ears. You smiled back, “Want to eat with me?” “Sure!!!” Tao grabbed your hand and wrapped it against his. Your cheeks flushed pink by the sudden contact, “Uh… Tao, what are you – “ Before you could continue, he dragged you along to the canteen.

 

 

 Now all the girls are glaring daggers at you. “Uhm… Tao…” you sat down an empty table and put your tray full of food on it. “I’m having the feeling that everyone is staring at me…” “You don’t mean us?” Tao asked, splitting his chopsticks into two. “ME.” You replied back with a blank tone. Tao started eating, ignoring your reply and enjoying his food. You rolled your eyes, “Anyways Tao, you’re Chinese right…?” you asked, taking a sip from your iced tea. Tao nodded.

 “Then… uhm… How did the guys, you know…” you murmured. “I’m the son of the owner of the school~” Tao beamed. “…Ha?” you asked in bewilderment. *Oops… I let that one slip off…* “You serious?” you asked, still dazed. Tao lifted his head and smiled at you, you took it as a yes. “What the heck…  Why didn’t you tell me in the first place?!” you screamed in a whispering manner. “I wouldn’t want to let you know~” Tao lowered his head to meet yours. He smiled at you, “’Cause maybe it would affect our friendship…” *It’s something more than friendship…* You were touched with what he said. It’s true…  You didn’t want it to ruin your friendship. But then, you thought about how it would affect his popularity (if it even matters for him), about his school life... and about yours.

 You didn’t want him to get hurt. You treasured this friendship you had with Tao… and you wanted to treasure it forever. You didn’t want it to ruin like this. You let out a big sigh. “Yunnie…” Tao mumbled worriedly, anxiety is visible in his eyes. “Don’t worry… Everything will be alright!” Tao squeezed your shoulder. *For you…* You smiled back.

 “Now…” Tao lifted his chopsticks full of food, “Say ‘Ahh’” Tao gestured the spoon like an airplane. “Tao! I’m not a little kid anymore…” you pouted cutely. He giggled, “Well, you’re my little girl~” You have to admit, that was cute. It made you tingle inside, you just want to pinch his cheeks. *This guy…* You lightly shook your head. “Fine…” you parted your mouth and Tao tucked the food inside it. “Yummy…” you talked with your mouth full in a cute way. Tao’s lips curved into a smile.

 

 

 “Tch…” a guy across the other side of the room glared at the two of you, all lovey-dovey like a couple. “What is it, Daehyun?” the guy who was sitting beside him asked. “Look at them.” Daehyun pointed out at the two of you. “Oh… ‘Eye bags’ and your first crush?” the whole group bursted into laughter. “Shut up!” Daehyun screamed, his eyebrows furrowed. “Woopsies…” the whole group bursted into another round of laughter. Daehyun’s ears turned red and he stomped his way out of the canteen packed with hungry students. *Just watch it… Huang Zi Tao…*

 

 

 *Oh yeah… I have a part-time job today, great…* You sighed as you opened your locker full with stickers and a poster of SHINee, a famous boy band in Korea. *Oh Taemin… What will I do?* You caressed Taemin, the group’s maknae’s face. “Who’s that~?” Tao took a peek inside your locker. “NO ONE.” You stuffed put your books inside the locker and closed it. “Hey! Who is that? Show me again~” Tao insisted. “It’s called privacy, Tao.” Tao pouted cutely, “Was that a poster of me~?” Tao asked. You leaned against your locker door and laughed. “Oh Tao…” you held your stomach to stop your laughter. Tao smiled gently, “So uh…” Tao scratched the back of his neck, “You wanna, go hang out somewhere…?” You glanced at your wrist watch and realized that you were a bit late at your work, “Sorry Tao… I have work, right?” Tao nodded silently. “Maybe next time, yeah?” He nodded again. “Aww, don’t be like that!” you pinched his cheeks, which made him smile. He held your face and let his thumb run across your jaw line. He intently gazed at you and searched your brown eyes. Your cheeks felt warm and you snapped out of it. “Uh… I have to go…” you gave a half-hearted wave and Tao watched you as you leave. *I wish that moment lasted longer…*

 

 

 “Stupid work…” you thought as you tied your apron into a bow. You headed off to do your work. You were daydreaming about what happened with you a few minutes ago with Tao. You didn’t know how to describe it, but the moment was intimate. As you thought about the sweet moment, your cheeks flushed red. *Yun Hae, you’re  in work. So stop daydreaming…*  You shook your head.

 As you were doing your work with washing dishes, a co-worker bumped into you, making you slip the plate you’re cleaning. It crashed into the wet floor and broke into tiny pieces. You stepped back. *Ugh… This is worse than detention…* “Sorry…” a voice called out “I’ll clean it.” You turned your back to see a person crouching. He was picking up the pieces of broken plates. “Hey that’s – “ “Ouch!”

 He got himself pricked with the tiny piece; blood was rushing out of his finger. You hate the ironic smell of blood, and the sight of it. But you were used to it. “Are you alright?” you crouched beside him and held his hand. He tilted his head only to see your face which was so close. “Daehyun?” you glanced back at him. He looked away wearing a flushed face. *I didn’t know she worked here! I’m ed up* “I didn’t know you work here too!” you got nearer him. He scooted away. *O…kay?*  “Stay here.” You stood up from your spot and find tried to find the first-aid kit.

 He noticed you reaching for the kit which was in the lower shelf of the cabinet. “Oh no! I-It’s okay…” he stuttered. “But if that will not be treated – “ He stood up and cleaned his uniform, “I-I told you… It’s okay… “ “No.” you hesitated. You treated his wound and wrapped a little band-aid around it. “There.” You patted his hand, “All better~” He took his hand away and flushed pink. “Th-Thanks…” *She’s so sweet…*

 “What’s with you? You’ve been avoiding me.” You crossed your arms. “Th-That’s…” he stuttered, yet again. He suddenly grabbed your shoulders and squeezed them. You were shocked with the sudden contact, “Wha…?! Daehyun!”

 “I like you!”

 Daehyun couldn’t look at you in the eye after with what he just said. You were shocked and found yourself blushing, “Wha…?”

 “You know what happened with ‘Eye bags’…?

 “Who?”

 “…Tao”

 “Oh… That. So you…?”

 “…Yes”

 “Why’d you do that?!”

 “I’m sorry. It’s just that, he stole my seat. And it was my first time sitting beside… you. So I got mad and challenged him to a duel…”

 *Aw Daehyun…* You squeezed his shoulder. He looked at you with hopeful eyes. You sighed, “I’m sorry, but I can’t answer back to your feelings. But thanks for liking me!” you smiled. “You have someone else…?” You couldn’t reply, you’re not sure about your feelings at this point of time. Whether it’s love or not, you weren’t sure. Everything was still being determined. “…Is it Tao?”

 “You could call it that… But I treat him as a friend.” *For now…*

 “What… do you see in him?”

“Well, he’s sweet, desperate and… cute. He’s a bit possessive but that’s what makes him stronger.” *And I have a feeling that I’ve known him before…*

 “…I can be like him too…”

 “Well then,” you smiled, “Try your best! Don’t lose hope, okay? Hwaiting!” you raised your fist up high in the air. He smiled gently, “Thanks…” *Okay… That was cute.*

 

 

 “Ugh…” you walked lazily up to your apartment room. *I had too much drama in my life…*You bumped your head into the door, which made an impact. Your eyes furrowed from the pain, *Pabo Yun Hae…* You opened your eyes and saw a basket filled with food waiting to be picked up from the floor. “What’s this…?” you crouched down and took the note which was attached to it –

 You’re probably hungry from all the stress piling up. Don’t forget to eat! ^^

 - Jiyoon

 Your lips shaped into a smile. You took the basket and sniffed the aroma coming out from the food. “Let’s eat!!!” 

 

 


 

 Konnichiwa~! I'm back! Mwahahaha. 

 Finally updated Chapter 9 after a week. I blame the exams. I'm sorry for making you all wait! 

 Oh yeah, passed my exams, so that's a good thing~ ^^

 Have anyone of you seen my new fanfic entitled Dare? Well, if you're Kai biased, you should totally see it. 

 I might be updating the first chapter for Dare after a while, so please stay tuned!

 I love you all~ Thanks so much for supporting me! Sarang~ -throws greasy hearts-

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED,™

 


 

THIS GUY LOVES YOU ALL!