Befriending a Panda

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

 After you had a heart-to-heart talk with Mr. Kim, you decided to skip the first period. He gave you an excuse letter for it.

 You went back to the bench outside of the faculty room. You sat down and took a deep sigh. *Now my mortal enemy knows my secret….* You childishly kicked your feet in the air, “This !”

 “What ?” a voice asked. You looked up and saw a familiar figure. The man was tall, literally. He had hooded eyes, like a panda's, and pitch black hair. His lips were shaped in perfection. He was holding two cans of iced coffee. He handed you one.

 “Want some?” he offered. You took it, “T-Thanks…” you slightly bowed your head. Neither of you didn’t speak for a couple of minutes. *This is… awkward…* You glanced at his face, trying to think of a topic to discuss. You noticed that he looks hotter in a side view, which made you go red.

 “Hmm…?” he saw you staring at him. His two black orbs are looking straight, right at you. He had a cold stare, moreover, his eyes seem warm. *He looks like that guy way back in the airport… Should I ask…?* You parted your lips in a big ‘O’, but before you could speak, he introduced himself. “Er, I’m Huang Zi Tao, you probably knew me by now.” You shot him a confused look. *No one told her yet…? Good…*

 
“Tao for short…” he reached out his hand to meet yours. “Er, nice to meet you. I’m Park Yun Hae…” you shook his big, wide hands which fit perfectly with yours, “…Have I, seen you somewhere before?” He broke the contact and gave you a mysterious, heart-melting smile. *What’s that supposed to mean…? Is that a yes or no?*  You opened the can and took a sip of your cappuccino-flavored iced coffee. “I heard about what happened in the library…” he said out of the blue.

 After hearing, your eyes rounded and you accidentally spit your drink, which shocked him. *Urgh… Manners, Yun Hae!* You mentally face-palmed yourself. You wiped it with your sleeve, but he handed out his handkerchief. “Here, use this.” “Oh no, no, no!” you waved your hands. “It’s oka – “

 You felt cloth running across your lips. *It… smells nice…* He wiped the coffee away. At that point in time, you were swooning. You can’t help but blush. Luckily, he can’t see it because your face was covered with his blue-striped patterned handkerchief. “No really, it’s fine!” you shoved the handkerchief away, wearing an embarrassed face. He gave you a half-hearted smile, “You okay now…?”

 “I’m fine…” *By fine, you mean facing a totally hot guy with a flushed face? No!* You cupped your cheeks. He smiled, “You know, I’m amazed.” “Wae?” your eyes rounded. “I mean, you were able to talk back at your sunbae! I’m impressed!” he beamed.

 “It’s nothing to be proud of…” you muttered. “Kim Shinyeoung is harsh, isn’t she?” Tao asked. *She’s more than harsh… She’s evil! Or something worse than that! Why’d her parents give her such a nice name but she has a bad attitude?!* You nodded. He squeezed your arm, which made you jump by the sudden contact. “Don’t worry… No one will find out.”

 Your heart flattered. It skipped a beat. “About what?” you asked. He laughed, “About… You know, what happened in the library back then.” “Oh…” you whispered. “So then, you were there?! You saw us wrestle against each other?!” He laughed, again. *Yun Hae… You’re funny…* “Of course, I did~” Tao smirked. *My life is over… You face-palmed.

 “Anyways,” he stood up and dusted the dirt off his pants, “I have to go now…” You grabbed his wrist, “Wait! What about this?” you showed him his handkerchief. “You can keep it.” He said. You flushed pink, “Wait… What?! But this is yours…” He got the handkerchief, placed it on your palm, and wrapped your fingers. “You keep it. So you can use it whenever you clumsily spit something in front of a person.” He insisted. You didn’t care if he called you ‘clumsy’. You kept on staring at him. *What…? Why is my heart beating so fast?* 

 “Okay…” you replied. “Did I help you feel better?” he smiled. “Totally!” you gave him a thumbs up. He chuckled, “Don’t worry, I’ll always be there to give you comfort, after all, that’s what friends do… Right? Just call my name if you need me.”

 *Friend…* You squeezed the handkerchief.

 No one ever tried to be your friend.

 Not even in your past school, or back in Tokyo.

 You were a loner…

 But now, everything changed.

 You smiled with teary eyes. “Tao!” you shouted. He looked around, seeing you teary-eyed. “Wha… What happened?!” he ran towards you and panicked. You gave him a heart-warming smile, “Thanks…” He was shocked, and bit his bottom lip. He knows what’s wrong with you…

 That hopeless look of yours, it felt like seeing a kid losing his favorite thing.

 You looked pretty ugly wearing a crying face, but he didn’t care.

 You were telling him to not go…

 Because it’s like… Losing your most precious thing in the whole world.

 And Tao thought that, it was him.


 He grabbed you and held you tightly in his strong, long and firm arms. He your brown, straight hair. You gripped on his shirt, and continued on bursting your feelings out. You didn’t care if you were disturbing lots of people with your shrill cries. You felt safe and protected from all those memories in your past. “I told you… I’m your friend, I would comfort you anytime… You have a shoulder to cry on.” You didn’t treat him like a normal ‘friend’. He was more than that for you… he was your ‘best friend’, even though the both of you just met a couple minutes ago. It felt like, you knew him a long, long time ago…

 

 


 

 Ayo whaddup~? Yes, we finally saw our Maknae Panda!

 It's short, huh? I'm really sorry if this chapter was short. 

 Anyways, my first fanfic reached 114 views?! Omo! I love you all! And because of that, I'll keep on updating chapters as soon as possible. I'll start writing Chapter 5 and I might update it tomorrow. Please keep on supporting me! It helps me write~

 Oh yeah, this story will have more than 10 chapters. Expect a lot of unexpected things to happen~ Guess some! ^^

 Tao didn't show his shy personality too much here. I'll try to write some chapters with him being cute~ =w=

 Saranghae all~! <3

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.