It was Good While It Lasted: No one else needed to know that

And She Will Be Loved

 

I needed to put the Minber aside to start this other short story but I promise I'll complete my Minber definitely! I couldn't resist the Song Seunghyun and Amber pairing. Their interaction during the DMZ Peace Concert was just perfect fodder for a story. At first I thought Amber was going to be a non-celeb in these stories but I guess, I was wrong? Heh. It is going to be very simple, nothing exciting really - I think. Hopefully, whoeever's reading this will enjoy it. 

With the new reply function in the comments section, I'm going to reply individually to each comment, hopefully it works out better than replying in the story. :)

__________________

It was very simple really. It really didn’t take much.

 

She had been oblivious like always, just doing her own thing. In the first place, how did they end up sharing the stage with FT Island at the DMZ Peace Concert? It was all very awkward – Luna did sing along with Hongki and she chimed in with the rap but the other girls barely did anything. If you asked her, the performance was pretty pointless, it was unlike their previous Don’t Cha collaboration for Gayo Daejun that had actually been fun with a choreographed dance and everything, but since when did anyone care for her opinion? Even though seemingly absurd, she was determined to make the most of it especially during the rehearsal since it has been ages since she had seen Seunghyun and Jaejin.

 

The three of them had not been hanging out together lately. Their paths didn’t cross as they were from different companies, plus after f(x)’s comeback, it was FT Island’s turn to release their new album. Yet their easy chemistry was plain to see. Squealing, the rapper ran straight into Jaejin’s arms backstage, much to Victoria’s chagrin. Seunghyun tapped on her on her shoulder and demanded a hug too, to which she obliged with a grin.

 

The boys must have had more than their far share of Redbull – the jokers seemed to be in competition for her attention that day. On stage, Amber just couldn’t stay still – clapping her hands widely and doing her dance once in a while. Jaejin was at his usual position on Seunghyun’s left while Amber stood on the rhythm guitarist’s other side. She exchanged a quick nod with Jaejin to compliment each other after one rap part. Seunghyun then walked around the standing microphone to annoy her with his instrument. Playing air guitar alongside with him, she remembered that he had promised her he would teach her some tunes – but they never got round to doing so of course.

 

Seunghyun returned to his spot, not for long though. The bassist gave Seunghyun a gentle shove so he landed right in front of Amber. Turning round to face the f(x) bassist, both of them instinctively shrugged at each other.

 

Ah, boys will be boys, she thought watching the back of the monkey Hongki. Yet she couldn’t ignore her intuition that Seunghyun’s sideward gaze lingered on her throughout the few minutes – she preferred him with his hair short.

 

Amber had grown conscious of the fanfare that ensued whenever she had so-called skinship with a boy in public. The uproar about her and Kris during their “Like a G6” performance in Tokyo had fans speculating whether she did or did not peck Kris on the cheek. The commotion was uncalled for – no one in their right mind would kiss someone under those circumstances. She never did understand the invisible line that Koreans drew when it came to someone of the opposite . As long as the management didn’t put any restriction on her, she wasn’t going to cease being herself with her friends, even if some people did scoff, believing all these to be merely fanservice.

 

“Do you like Seunghyun oppa?” Krystal asked Amber after the concert. The screams of the fans were still ringing in her ears so the so-called tomboy looked at the youngest girl wondering whether she had heard her right.

 

Stopping to expressed their thanks to the crew, the duo bowed before they continued on their way. Victoria and Luna had surged ahead and they had lost sight of their members. “So, do you like him?” Krystal repeated.

 

The backstage was milling with entertainers. The SHINee boys came towards them and Amber exchanged high fives with Key, Krystal’s question weighing on her mind. It wasn’t out of the ordinary for the girls to confront her about certain boys, however, Amber instinctively brushed them aside immediately. It was easy for her to declare she didn’t have a soft spot for Henry, Key, Minho, Kris or even Donghae. But Krystal threw her off course and she hesitated.

 

Song Seunghyun. The boy that rarely spoke in public. He who was a genius with the guitar. Funny how two completely different people had become friends. Their busy schedules kept them from having constant close contact, yet time after time, Seunghyun would be one of the first few people that would pop up when she mulled over how to make full use of an off day.

 

Yes. She did like Seunghyun. Amber was in reality, just like any other girl who wasn’t immune to the charms of a boy. But no one else needed to know that.