5 Steps

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Sunggyu brought Sora home, they were scolded by her mother and Kangjun who were anxiously waiting for her at home. It was mostly Kangjun who was scolding them though.

 

"I told you not to go out, didn't I?" He said, crossing his arms on the sofa.

"I did wrong." Sora said, quietly. She was sitting on the floor with Sunggyu next to her.

"It's my fault, really. I was the one who took her out. Sora is not to blame in this matter." Sunggyu said.

"You." Kangjun glared at Sunggyu. "Why do you keep on coming here?"

"Well..." Sunggyu cleared his throat. "I like Han Thora."

 

Sora's mother's face went blank. Kangjun was making a disgusted face. Sora felt her face was burning.

 

"But... You know her condition, don't you? I told her to stay home in case anything happens to her again..." Her mother said, still shocked.

"I know! I know her condition well. I will take good care of her."

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi..." Sora turned to Sunggyu.

"And... for these 5 days, I need Thora to stay with me all the time."

 

Again, everyone's face was struck with shock.

 

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi?" Sora was getting anxious.

"Before the surgery, there's something that Thora and I need to do. So, I'm asking for your permission to leave Thora in my hands." Sunggyu said, with a strong voice.

"Yah... What are you saying?" Kangjun asked, bewildered.

"Please, give your daughter to me!" Sunggyu said, making Sora dizzy.

 

Sora's mother was just looking at Sunggyu all the while, too taken aback to say anything. Kangjun's mouth was wide opened.

 

"What is it that you need to do with Sora?" Her mother asked, looking at Sunggyu intently.

"I... I can't really explain it you, but it's really important!"

"My daughter is not pregnant, is she?" She asked, bluntly.

"Eomma!" Sora cried, feeling like she wanted to just shrink into a mushroom from embarrassment.

"I haven't touched her that far." Sunggyu said seriously, his eyes were still fixated on Sora's mother.

"What do you mean 'that far'?" Kangjun cried, with his wide eyes.

 

Sora was on the verge of shrinking into a mushroom when Sunggyu spoke again. "Please! Leave Thora to me for these 5 days!"

 

Sora's mother said nothing for a moment. "I understand."

"Eomma!" Kangjun turned to his mother with widened eyes.

"You are going to take care of her for these 5 days, right?"

"Dae!"

"And I won't allow you to leave her even for one second, do you get me?"

"I understand!"

"Eomma! What are you doing? Are you going to leave Noona with this guy?"

"Kangjun, you are at fault too. I told you to take care of your sister but you went out and leave her alone."

"Welll... I was only... going out... for a while..." He said, pouting.

"Since you can't take care of her, I'm leaving her to Sunggyu here to take care of her."

"But, he's a stranger!" Kangjun protested.

"Not really. He's an idol isn't he? Everyone must know him."

"But, Eomma..."

"Sunggyu, I'm counting on you then."

"Dae."

"If anything happens to her..." Sora's mother smiled sweetly. "I'm going to destroy you."

"D-dae..." Sunggyu said, gulping.

"It's settled then." Sora's mother stood up. "How about staying for dinner?"

"We need to get started quickly. We'll be staying at Thora's rent house."

"I see then. Sora, I believe you'd act like a proper adult?"

"Dae, Eomma." Sora said, still confused of what was happening.

 

Sora's mother smiled. "Kangjun, let's just eat out for today."

Kangjun pouted and glared at Sunggyu.

 

 

After packing up Sora's stuff, they went to Sora's rent house and sat in the living room saying nothing. Sora was still bedazzled of what just happened and Sunggyu was trying to figure out the next plan to make Sora remember.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi." "Han Thora."  

 

They looked at each other for a moment.

"What is it, Kim Sunggyu-sshi?"

"How about tomorrow, we go to Woohyun's friend house?

"Um... I don't mind."

"Then... We'll visit the library... And then..."

 

He kept on ranting about where to go and what to do and planning out everything but Sora was half-listening and was just looking at Sunggyu.

 

"So what were you saying?" Sunggyu said, after laying out his plans.

"Huh?"

"You were about to say something just now."

"Oh, that. Well, are we really doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Well, staying together like this."

"Your mother gave her permission, didn't she? And I promised her to be with you every second and take care of you. Besides, we need to be here as this is the place that we spent time together for those three months."

"I know... But, Kim Sunggyu-sshi... Don't you have to go to work? You have a lot of schedules, don't you?"

"I've brought them to a new date. Don't worry."

"Is that okay?"

"If I can't do at least these for Han Thora, what would that make me? These 5 days, I'm going to stay by your side all day long." He smiled.

"Um."

"Is there something wrong?"

"Well... I'm a bit... nervous."

"Nervous? Why?"

"Because... Ahhh. It's nothing!"

"Tell me." Sunggyu said, looking at her questioningly.

Sora looked up to Sunggyu and bit her lips and then she shook her head. "I'll tell you later."

Sunggyu sighed and patted her head. "I think we should stock up some food. Let's go to the mart?"

"I'll go!"

"No, we're going together like how we did before."

"Like what we did before..."

"That's right."

"But... People will see..."

"Then let them see."

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi..."

"Let's go?"

 

They went out of the house and walked to the nearest mart. Sora kept her head low all the time, avoiding gazes and walked behind from Sunggyu.

"Why are you walking so slowly?" Sunggyu turned to her.

"Huh? I'm... tired." Sora said, stopping her steps.

"Tired?"

"Um. I can't walk very fast these days... I will get out of breath." Sora said; her eyes were dimmed.

Sunggyu walked up to Sora. "Then let's just take walk slowly together."

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi... But, it'd trouble you... You can just walk ahead. I'll be behind you."

"What's wrong with walking slowly? Isn't my nickname 'Grandpa'?" He laughed.

Sora laughed slowly. "Then I'm Grandma."

"We're Grandparents Couple?" Sunggyu laughed.

 

They reached the mart and took a cart and began to buy some provision. They reached the cereals sections and Sunggyu started to take every box of different brands on the rack.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi." Sora looked at the boxes in the cart. "Why did you take so many?"

"We're going to eat them, of course." Sunggyu said, looking at her and blinked rapidly.

"But... there are like... 1,2... 15 boxes? How are we going to eat all of these?"

"It's okay. The expiry dates are like next year." Sunggyu said, turning away. "Let's just eat them slowly box by box."

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi..."

 

Next year.

 

Sora smiled to herself and looked at Sunggyu's back.

Some people saw Sunggyu and were whispering among themselves but Sunggyu was completely oblivious of it when he was choosing some onions.

"Han Thora, which onions should we buy?"

 

Sora looked at the people nearby and then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter