Eyes don't lie but your voice...

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sora stared at him for so long, wondering what was he saying. What did he mean by he won't forget? She furrowed her eyebrows, and looked elsewhere, trying hard to make sense of everything. She blinked hard and long at him. She started to feel uneasy for some reasons she couldn't explain.

Sunggyu became restless when nothing was spoken between them so he tried to smile but it came out so awkward. He just stood there, a few distance away from her bed.

"I won't forget..? I'm sorry I didn't know where it came from." Sunggyu said hastily. "It just came out of my mouth."

Seeing Sora had no hint to respond, he began again, "I know your name because I visited you when you were unconscious before."

"I visited you every day." He added, quietly.

Sora felt her head throbbing. "Why?"

Sunggyu opened his mouth to say something but he shook her head lightly. "Because you were under coma too, so..."

"Coma..." She said and her eyes became empty.

"Are you okay?" Sunggyu said; worried when she looked into distance that wasn't there. She looked like she was about to fell asleep again and that made him panic.

Sora looked up to Sunggyu who had inched closer to her. She stared at his face, his eyes, his lips, and felt so hollow. This is Kim Sunggyu of Infinite standing before me. He is my bias, my favourite member in Infinite; the lead vocal in the group.

Then why am I feeling like this?

What 's with this pain in my chest?

She glanced away before tears started to well up in her eyes. Before she could even stop them, her tears dropped on her lap and her head started throbbing badly.

"Han Thora, are you okay?" Sunggyu darted closer to her and held her shoulders, his face worried sick. "I'll call the nurse."

He watched as Sora started to close her eyes slowly, and tears escaped from the edge of her eyes. She was breathing slowly, and he could feel the unusual heat from her breathing. He pressed for the nurse and one came in no time, motioning Sunggyu to step aside.

She checked Sora's pulse, and the IV and her temperature. A doctor came along, so Sunggyu retreated further away. He was reminded of his dream and he felt himself weakening when he remembered seeing her lying on the surgery table, cold and unmoving.

The doctor went away after a while and the nurse turned to Sunggyu who just couldn't hide his emotion. He looked at Sora who was lying on the bed, sleeping again.

"It's best not to disturb the patient too much. She is in the state of confusion and shock, and she might show signs of amnesia. Try not to make her try to remember things for now."

"Is she okay?"

"Her temperature raised a little. But she will be fine. I advise you to go back to your room and rest as well."

Sunggyu still stood there even when the nurse left. He stared at her sleeping face.

Make her try to remember things? What was there that Sora should remember? It wasn't like he knew her before. At least she knows that I am Kim Sunggyu, which means that she didn't lose her memories.

Somehow it made his heart ache a little.

 

Sunggyu woke up the next morning, feeling grumpy and agitated. He went to his therapy as usual and the doctor told him it was his last session. He gawked at the doctor.

"I can go home tomorrow?"

"Yes, you're free to go!" The doctor said, joyfully.

Kim Sunggyu's heart however, sank in despair. He was looking forward to going back home but Han Sora just woke up yesterday and now he's leaving. He walked back to his room, and lied on his bed, grunting loudly. He considered many things.

Yes, he wanted to go home. It was sickening to be in the hospital for so long and he wanted to go back to everyone. He wanted to go on stage again, to dance and sing again.

But there was Han Sora here in this hospital, who just woke up and she knew him! Well, not exactly know him, but at least she knew his name and his group.

Though he was suddenly bothered by why he was so interested in her. She didn't seem to have to any memory of him exce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter