Washed Ashore

Trapped

*..ooshh~ ..wooshh~...wooshh~*

The sound of waves fade into your ears. Your face got wet each time the you heard this sound. Slowly your eyes open to a bright sandy beach. "What happened?" you thought to yourself, "Where am I?" You force yourself off the ground and onto your knees. But,, wait! Someone was next to you! Cautiously you crawl your way to him. You flip him over onto his back revealing his face. "JOON!? What in the-? How did-?" Suddenly your head starts to pound, "Ah.. ah.. ah.." Obviously you had a hang over. With all your might you try to pull Joon away from the water so that he doesnt drift back out into the ocean. You try, and fail. You try again. You fail again. After trying and failing a third time you decide that this wasnt going to work and so you start lightly slapping his face, "Hey... hey~... HEY!" on the last 'hey' you accidentally slap him a little too hard. "oh!" you cover your mouth shocked at your violent attempt in waking him up. But HEY! It worked!

Joon grunts, "Ugh~?" he notices you kneeling over him, but this scares him a bit and jolts back a few feet, "The hell!?"

"Sorry, I didnt mean to slap you that hard" you say earnestly.

"Sla-?" he feels his cheek and at the touch of it, flenches from the pain.

"Sorry, sorry!"

"Jeez, you sure are something.." he begins to look around visualizing his surroundings, "So.. we drifted to an island?" You nod your head, afraid that if you speak he'll start telling you how stupid you are. "Ok then," he says.

"There should be someone here, right?" you ask.

"We were too far out, babo! Why would anyone be here? It's a stranded Island." he argues. You stay silent. If you both were truely stranded on this island, you wouldnt want to become enemies with the only person by your side. Joon decides hes going to venture across the shore to see how big the island is. You tag along like a lost puppy.

Both of you have been walking a great distance, when suddenly you fall to your bum. You collapse onto your back exhausted from the long journey. Joon turns to see you laying carelessly in the sand. You squint up at him and ask, "Can we take a break? We've been walking for miles."

"Get up we're moving on." he demands. But of course you look at him for a minute to see if he'll change his mind and when he doesnt you close your eyes and flip over onto your stomach. He realizes that you're being stubborn an sits down next to where you are laying. You glance over at him.

"So i guess we can get to know each other a little better now." You stay looking up at him but he gives no response. "How bout it?" you suggest.

"Alright." he finally agrees.

"Well, lets start off with names. I'm Jung Ailee. And you?" your big dog-like eyes gaze at him.

"Lee Chang Sun." He replies.

"I thought it was Joon.." you say outloud to yourself.

"That's just my nick-name." he explains. You understood.

You get up out of the sand and sit right next to him. "So, Chang Sun,, How abou~~t.. we pla~y.. 20 questions!" you put on a huge smile trying to convince him to play. He throws you a look as if to say 'are you kidding me?' but you insist by giving him a few quirky looks. Finally he give in with a sigh.

"Shoot" he says, insisting that you start the game.

"Ok~" you start to think of a question to ask. You were curious about Joon- i mean,, Chang Sun, so you start by asking him his favorite color. He replies with black. Strangly enough, yours was the exact opposite,, White.

"Uh," he's hesitant. " Favorite food?" You reply imediately with peaches.

"Heh, no wonder you're so scrawny." He attempts to joke.

"Hey! I'm healthy!" you jolt at him speaking extremely loud to make sure he got your message.

"Yeah yeah, your turn."

"Hmm," you try to pick one of the questions just floating around in your head.

"Why did you pick this game, you're worse at it than i am." he chuckles a little bit.

"I am not~! I'm a genius!" you argue.

"Hah!" he burst out laughing. You go back to your game and this goes on for well over 20 questions. Soon it becomes dim with only the last bit of light from the sunset.

"So.." you start to begin a sentence. Chang Sung looks at you as you stare hopelessly at the ground.

"Yeah. Someone will come for us. I bet they're looking for us right now." he gives comforting words that cause you to show a little bit of a smile, "Well i guess we should try to sleep, right? We have a long day a-head of us."

You nod and then start to lie down on your back, but before you could rest your head onto the ground, Chang Sun stops you, takes off his jacket, folds it, and places it in the spot where you were just about to rest your head. You look up at him surprised. Was this how he really was? Was he this kind? You took advantage of this moment and relaxed your head onto his jacket, facing away from him, and slowly closed your eyes with a smile across your face. He lays down next to you, hands crossed behind his head. His face was as red as could be. Could he be showing his true feelings? "Thank you." you whisper to him softly, not knowing if he could hear you. When you dont hear a response, you look over your shoulder to find him sleeping soundly.

Out of all the people that you could be stuck with on a stranded island, you were glad it was him.. The Lee Chang Sung you had had a secret crush on for over 4 years. The words 'I'm happy' were all you could think, "I'm happy that you're here by my side."