♡ first beat

♡ Infinite Beats

chapter one ; their ordinary life

 

“Aaah~ Ahjussi! Just give another discount. This is old manhwa so there’s nothing wrong to sell it in lower price.” A girl clasped her hand together in front of her chest with pleading eyes while the ahjussi that she’s talking to, stared at her in doubtful.

The ahjussi walked off toward another bookselves carelessly, leaving the girl alone. The girl pinched her eyebrows in determination, she quickly ran toward the ahjussi then follows him everywhere.

No matter what happens, she must get that manhwa.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Infinite Beats!

Geunyoreul jikyora~ Naritji mothage~” The leader of INFINITE sang the chorus of their upcoming track song passionately while the other members dancing in sync. Their comeback is near and it gives a lot of stress burden for them. Especially they just getting more popular with their song ‘Be Mine’. They don’t want to disappoint the public with this comeback.

As the members dancing seriously, Sunggyu’s hawk eyes watching every members’ movements. It’s what he always do every time the practice. Being the leader he is, he had to manage the group and making sure nothing wrong with it. If he found some mistakes, he would immediately tell the member which part he did wrong and help to perfect it.

Not to mention, he’s the one that would take responsibility if one of the member did something wrong. Getting scold by the managers or CEO because of he’s not good enough to be a leader and can’t manage the group well.

Yeah, being leader is sure harder than you think.

Sweats all over their body, even their clothes are already wet because of the sweats. It’s like sauna in the practice room even though the air conditioner already turn on and switch to the coolest temperature.

The door burst open and their manager went in bought their lunch. They immediately stopped their practice as Sungjong walked off to stop the music. Finally, after 2 hours of practicing without rest, they get to stop even for a while.

Once they saw the plastic bag on the table that going to be their lunch, you could hear groans and complains all over the place. Today’s menu is chicken with tasteless milk. Seriously, do they had to eat those things like everyday ?

However, the couldn’t protest nor complain to their managers or CEO to give them some delicious foods. Because this is for their own good, the dn’t want to gain weight and looks chubby when their comeback come.

Well, except for their dear maknae, Lee Sungjong. It seems like he had to eat more to gain his weight.

Soon, they began chatting while eat their ‘horrible’ lunch.

“You know what ? I’ve been received too much stress because of this comeback. I’m afraid with public’s reaction with our new song,” Sungyeol stated as he opened his lunch box. He cringed a bit when he saw the lunch.

From the other side Woohyun seems to agreed with him as he nodded his head while chewing his food. “Same here. I’ve been growing white hair nowadays. It reminds me when we prepared for ‘Be Mine’ comeback,” he said.

“White hair ?!” Sunggyu seems shocked with his statement.

“When I wash my hair, my hair keeps falling out. This sure reminds me of those days,” Myungsoo added with a chuckle.

“Me too!” Sungjong raised his hand with a nod.

After that, you could hear complains about their stress everywhere. They sure received lot of pressure because of this comeback.

The leader sat in silence while he’s deep in thought, then he glance toward their manager with meanigful looks. It seems like the manager understands what he meant, he shook his head in disapproval. Sunggyu keep trying harder until the manager let out a big sigh, making the younger guy smiled in satisfaction.

“Kids! I will give you 2 hours to rest. It’s all up to you to use that time for what do you want to do. Sleep, take a bath, take a walk or anything. As long as you guys didn’t cause any trouble. Understand ?” He put his hands on his hips.

INFINITE raised their heads in surprised as you could see it clearly on their face. They quickly glance toward the leader as the older boy just shrugged with a small smile. They knew he’s the reason for this. Slowly, smiles appear on their pretty faces.

“Thank you, hyung!” They said in unison.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Infinite Beats!

A girl came out from the store with a victory smile plastered on her face. She glanced at the manhwas on the plastic bags that now hers. After pestering the ahjussi around, talking non-stop, she finally got this manhwa with low price. She even got another two manhwas.

“Yoon Saera, you’re so lucky today!” She praised herself with a happy smile.

The girl then walked around the city of Seoul, enjoying the crowd. Her eyes caught ice cream shop across the street. She brightened since it’s her favorite thing. Saera quickly took a step closer toward the ice cream shop. She then arrived right in front og the shop with a smile, she went in then walked toward the cashier.

“Vanilla Ice Cream, one!”

She felt her phone vibrating as she quickly pulled it out from her pocket.

“Minju-ya! Want an ice cream ?”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Infinite Beats!

“All right. Yes. I understand. Okay. Thank you!” A man with a tired looking yet friendly face hung up the phone then place it on his pocket as he continue drive the car. He turned to behind to found a cute and cheerful boy playing a game on his phone.

His attention then back to the road. “Hyunwoo-ah, just now people from SM call me,” he started carefully, trying to get the boy’s attention.

Hyunwoo keep playing his game, totally ignoring his manager. So, what if people from SM call him ? It’s not like this is his business, right ? Or his manager hyung going to work for them ?

His manger let out a big sigh. “They’re offering you a role for their upcoming drama,” he continued. “It seems like it;s one of the lead role,” he finished it with a meaningful look. He looked at him as Hyunwoo stopped play his game suddenly and stay silence in his place. The manger chuckle as he knew he’s success in getting this boy’s attention.

“Really, hyung ?! They offered me one of lead role ?” Hyunwoo asked in excitement.

It’s really great opportunity since he haven’t casted in a drama nor film for quiet while. He smiled brightly as he hummed cheerfully.

“But, you still have to do the casting,” the manager noted to the happy boy.

Hyunwoo nodded his head. “It’s all right! I’m going to get this role!”

Suddenly his eyes caught a girl figure walking on the side of road while carrying many and heavy plastic bags. She looks troubled and it seems like no one want to help her there. Hyunwoo raised his eyebrow, knowing who’s that girl.

HYUNG! STOP!” He shouted so suddenly made his manger jumped in surprised then stopped the car.

His manager turned behind feeling annoyed. “YA! Lee Hyunwoo!”

The younger boy just smiled innocently as he quickly opened the window car. “Ya! Byun Minju!” He shouted.

The girl turned around as she found her best friend waving cheerfully as she could see his manager sulking in the driver seat. She knew he must be the reason for that and she knew from the look on his face, the must be good news he wants to share.

“Oh, Lee Hyunwoo.”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Infinite Beats!

“Hmm. I think I should just go home. Minju said she had something to do,” Saera mumbled while on her vanilla ice cream. She walks leisurely on quiet yet beautiful garden. She wonders why there are no people here. It’s really beautiful garden actually.

Then she felt her phone vibrating again, she searched for her phone on her jacket pocket while walking.

BUMP.

Saera bumped into someone. She winced in pain as her forehead bumped into the boy’s broad chest. She rubbed her forehead while mumbling something, totally forgetting her phone that fell to the ground. Saera raised her head to see the boy.

She gasped as her face turned into colorless. “K-Kim Myungsoo,” she whispered in surprised.

 

PREVIEW NEXT CHAPTER

“I want you to take the responsibility for this. You know right that we’re going to comeback soon.”

“Guess what ? I got one of the lead role in upcoming SM drama!”

“Jinjja ? Daebak! Congrats Hyunwoo-ya!”

“I don’t think so. You just met Kim Myungsoo and he talked to you! It’s every inspirits’ dream!”

“But, I don’t want it to happen, Minju-ya.”

“So, what do you want me to do ?”

“Be my personal assistant for 3 months. You can’t reject this desicion.”

“WHAT ?”