chapter 1

Dance Performance

I entered the big dance studio to see her already stretching for class. She was bending down to touch her toes, and you couldn’t help but admire her lean, thin body and her gorgeous curves. I was still staring when she got up and looked at me. I felt myself blush and turned away, but not before seeing her smile at me.

I first met bora two years ago at this very same dance studio. It was the first dance class ever and I was there to help out my hyung who was running the classes. She walked in with one of her friends, Hyorin, and as gorgeous as Hyorin was, my eyes just wouldn’t leave Bora. She danced superbly, she had all the rhythm, swag and moves, and she knew just how to work them right. I admired her for her persistence and will to get the difficult moves mastered and so, I ended up signing up for the classes too, all because of her. And yet, she probably doesn’t even realise I’m so overly attracted to her.

“Aiight everyone. we all know the time of the year...It’s CHRISTMASSSS!” Jay (park) hyung announced to the whole class while jumping up and down. How embarrassing O___O.

“So, for this year, since we seem to have got enough dancers that are still gonna be here in Seoul for the festive season, I’ve decided we should have a performance night around the day. There will be solo, group and whole class performances. The whole class one EVERYONE has to perform in. I’ll let you guys know the details a bit later.” Jay smiled widely and happily with that contagious smile of his. Sheesh, I don’t know how the dorky guy manages to run this class successfully.

After his little speech, Jay turned the music on and everyone started dancing the routine we had been learning for a week. I could see everyone had improved so much, and I was extremely pleased to see that Bora was outshining the other girls. *Atta girl* I thought.

-------the next week-------

I sat down on the floor next to my bag in the corner of the dance studio. I was panting from the dancing we just did and I was sweating like mad. I shuffled around in my bag, looking for my sweat towel when someone handed theirs over to me. Looking up, I saw Bora smiling warmly, “Thought you might need one. Good thing I brought an extra.” She chuckled and walked away after I had accepted her towel.

“HEY HEY GUYYYYYS I HAVE SOME NEWS!” Jay called out from the studio door. I got up and followed everyone towards him.

“So, I officially have a date for our performance night. It’ll be in 6 weeks time, December the 16th. You guys so as hell better be here for it!!” He glared at all of us, at which I rolled my eyes to.

“There are two whole class performances which we’ll start learning from next week, one of which is freestyle, and the other ,”He paused for unnecessary suspense, “will be done as couples, which IIIIII will be deciding.” Jay announced proudly and proceeded to tell us about sign-up sheets for separate performances. We walked off to do our own thing when he finished talking.

Couples huh? There weren’t that many of us in total that were staying for the performance night. About 5 girls and 8 guys. Jay said he’d be bringing in 3 other girls he knows just for the night so we’d have even numbers. It’d be a dream come true if I was coupled up with Bora.

I got my gear and headed out the door, saying a quick goodbye to Jay and some of the other guys.