First Sight of Love

High School

There are two people who are the stars of this story. First off, there is the maknae of Super Junior, 'Cho Kyuhyun'. Secondly, there is the maknae of Girls' Generation, 'Seo Joohyun'. Now, this story takes place from when the two maknaes first met each other. When they were not famous. When they were not in love. Can you imagine such a time? They didn't know each other. They didn't care for each other. They didn't hold any special feelings for each other. They weren't even aware of each other's existence.

Seems rather odd, right?

Think about it a little, just a little bit. This is the time when Joohyun, or better known know as Seohyun, still had black hair; still as stubbon as ever; still wasn't aware about emotion of love. This is the time when Kyuhyun still had black hair; still as evil as ever; still wasn't aware about feeling of love. Whey were like everybody else. When they just didn't know each other. When they just didn't know about the pain and joy which came with love.... Imagine what would have happened if they never met...

This is why high school is a great thing, right? High school is the best place to fall in love. High school is the place where you are actually forced to interact with other people. High school is where the everything becomes real.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Seohyun sighed to herself rather sadly, it was her very first day of high school. She was sad, none of her other friends had been accepted to this extremely prestigious school. Being smarter compared to an average student, Seohyun was allowed into the school by a scholarship. Her friends however, they weren't able to make it through the entrance exams. Seohyun was by herself in a school filled with rich kids (For anyone was watches animehere , doesn't this kind of sound like the storyline from 'Ouran High School Host Club'?~)

There was nothing here to keep her entertained at this school. Seohyun had just finished her homework (Even though it was only half way through the lunch period) and was simply sitting on a bench. The only girls around her at the moment were the very rich and somewhat snobby type of girls. They were simply hollow, plastic and they didn't have anything going on in that brain of theirs. The only reason they were allowed into the school was through money. They cared for nothing but their looks, money and make up.

There was absolutely nothing to do.

Seohyun's eyes scowered the area for a girl who looked less posh and more friendly. Suddenly, her eyes caught onto something... or someone. With only the sight of it, she began to blush a dark and firey red. Her stomach began twisting and her heart beat started to excelerate. Seohyun had never felt this way before... what was making her act in such a manner?

It was a boy... well, not just any boy. He looked different from the rest. Instead of talking with the other boys, he was peacefully sitting in the corner of the or the area and listening to music through his earphones. He had dark black hair, it was messy but neat enough so that the teachers wouldn't yell at him. The black contrasted with his rather light skin, making him look slightly pale. He had deep and somewhat hypnotic eyes, going well with his sharp features. Not to mention his physique.

As Seohyun feel the blush crawl up to her cheeks, she looked away. No, it was just a crush. Just some sort of attraction. Nothing more than that. She didn't have any time for this. Seohyun didn't want to believe it was love and ignored it...

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The a couple days later, Seohyun saw the boy there again. He wasn't doing anything. Just sitting on the same spot link last time and listening to some music through his headphone once again. She had found some friends who were slightly older than her. One of her friend's was named Yuri while the other was called Sooyeon. Although, she was perferably called by her American name Jessica.

"...Why do you keep staring at him?" Asked Jessica rather bluntly, her eyes half lidded as she was sleepy. She stayed up last night doing her homework, almost falling asleep in class.

"Eh? Oh, no reason." Seohyun brushed it off her shoulder and pretended that it was nothing. Well, her unnies knew way better. They could see the way  their maknae's eyes flickered with interest.

"Hyunnie, you're lying... don't tell me you like him~" Yuri sang as Seohyun glared slightly. There was absolutely no way that she would like somebody right now... right?

"N-No. I don't like him... I don't even know who he is." Seohyun spoke rather politely with a slight stutter, Yuri and Jessica's eyes widened when they heard that sentence.

"What? You don't know who he is?" Jessica asked in a rather shocked tone. Seohyun stared at her surprised unnie, raising a brow. Why was the fact so shocking to her?

"I don't... Do you know Jessica Unnie? Yuri Unnie?" Seohyun asked rather innocently as Yuri laughed slightly. Their maknae didn't seem to know what was going on around the school.

"Not just me, everybody knows who he is." Yuri said in a hyper and somewhat happy tone, emphasizing the word 'everybody'. Seohyun's eyes widened, how did everybody know him?

"He's the most popular guy in the whole school. All the girls want him to be their boyfriend. His name is Cho Kyuhyun. He's quite good-looking, not to mention that he is pretty rich, prestigious, really smart and somewhat multi-talented. His Umma owns an art academy, his Appa owns a school in Taiwan and his Noona, Cho Ahra, is currently studying abroad right now. He is the number one student in the whole school, winning a math olympian before; math is probably his best subject. Not to mention the fact he can sing, snow board, skii, is really good at games, play the clarinet and piano, can play sport and so much more." Jessica recited in a monotone, looking as bored as ever. Seohyun's eyes widened.

"You know so much. Do you think he's good looking as well? " Yuri squeeled. Jessica let a moment of silence pass them before answering the sudden question directed towards her.

"He's good-looking... but, my Heechul oppa is much better than him." Jessica replied to the question. Seohyun and Yuri stared at Jessica for a couple seconds before giggling quietly.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

about a week after that conversation, Seohyun saw him again. Just like all the other times, Kyuhyun was peacefully sitting there with his earphones blasting the music. Just like a picture, he looked perfect. Seohyun wondered what went on through his mind sometimes. Having be someone who had reached such a level of perfection, what would life be like?

As Seohyun stared at him for a couple seconds. She looked back at her work. The homework which she was supposed to do wasn't yet complete. Seohyun mentally scolded herself. She had no time to be daydreaming and just stare at him. She had to be doing this work. And yet, at a twist of fate, the wind blew one of her papers away. She looked around to see where it had gone... and to her surprise, Kyuhyun was the one to have been holding her paper. Seohyun felt nervous.

quietly, she walked to Kyuhyun who was simply sitting down. And before Seohyun could say anything, Kyuhyun spoke.

...
...
...


"Just so you know, this answer is wrong."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

And from that point on, Seohyun always went to Kyuhyun when asking for help with her homework. Even though she already knew how to do all of the activities, she asked for help and pretended that she didn't know just for the fun of it. Seohyun wanted to talk with Kyuhyun, she wanted to know more about him. And yes, she had learned a lot.

Truthfully, Seohyun did get annoyed at Kyuhyun sometimes. The way he ... even though she really hated it, she also really loved it. Seohyun had no idea why.

"Joohyun, are you paying attention?" Kyuhyun asked with a surprised look as Seohyun jumped out of her daydream immediately and began to blush a dark red. Whoops.

"Y-Y-Yes.... Umm... I...." Seohyun was absolutely embarrassed and flustered. Kyuhyun simply chuckled to himself when he saw this, it was rather amusing for him.

"It's alright. I'll repeat it once more... but this time, listen. Okay?" Kyuhyun smiled at her as Seohyun nodded at looked at the sheet of paper. This time, she would at least try to concentrate.

"I'll try oppa...." Seohyun muttered quietly. Kyuhyun began to tug her hair annoyingly. Seohyun pouted at Kyuhyun as he let out another laugh. It was fun being with Kyuhyun.

"I guess trying is alright for now. Next time, I won't stand it though." Kyuhyun said as Seohyun smiled at him. Seohyun wouldn't admit it. No. She wouldn't admit it.

"Kyuhyunnie oppa. How can you gaurantee there will be a next time? I can always find another person to tutor me." Seohyun smiled childishly as Kyuhyun tugged her hair once again.

"Goguma Princess, don't tell me you're going to leave me?" Kyuhyun asked in a joking manner. Everytime they were together, Seohyun had goguma to eat. Thus, creating the nickname 'Goguma Princess'.

"Maybe. Maybe not." Seohyun mumbled as she took a bite of goguma. Kyuhyun couldn't help but smile at the girl in front of him. Kyuhyun wouldn't admit it. No. He wouldn't admit it.

"Look as much as you want. You definitely won't find a tutor as good as me. Besides, I know that you won't leave me. Right?" Kyuhyun asked Seohyun rhetorically, recieving a sweet and innocent smile.

"Of course. Pabo oppa. I won't leave, I still need someone to tutor me and no-one's better than Kyuhyunnie oppa." Seohyun smiled as Kyuhyun laughed at her a little.

"Yah! Since when could you call your oppas 'pabo'?" Kyuhyun asked rhetorically as he tugged Seohyun's hair once again. Seohyun giggled happily. Who knew she would become this close with her oppa?

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Their closeness soon became known to the whole school. Since they spent pretty much every day together, everyone knew about them. Many people actually began to ask about their relationship with each other. The other boys would start to tease Kyuhyun while Seohyun became the target of gossip and bullying by the girls.

Well, they didn't mind it though.

They were not in a relationship.

They were not playing around with each other's fragile heart.

They were not commited.


One day, Kyuhyun decided to put the end to these rumours. He saw a group of girls surrounding Seohyun, fear and nervousness in her deep and shining eyes. Kyuhyun walked up to them.

"Joohyun, let's go." Kyuhyun said as he was well aware of the eyes on him. Seohyun smiled thankfully, not sure whether to leave. As she felt Kyuhyun give her jacket a slight tug, she began to follow.

"Yah! We're not done yet! Answer our question!" They yelled. It seemed that they were Kyuhyun's fanclub girls. Yes, Kyuhyun actually had a fanclub being run at school.

"And what was the question?" Kyuhyun asked, Seohyun running behind him as he turned to face the girls. Since it was Kyuhyun, they couldn't yell at him like they could with Seohyun.

"I-Is it true? Are you dating each other?" A girl asked. Kyuhyun's eyes widened, as did Seohyun's. She urged Kyuhyun to say no... but in her heart, she wished to Kyuhyun say yes.

...
...
...


"Joohyun and I are definitely not dating each other." Kyuhyun muttered quietly, Seohyun could feel her felicate heart being stabbed over and over again, "But... I still love Joohyun anyway."

When Seohyun heard these words, her eyes widened as she stared up at Kyuhyun. Not just her though, the whole area went silent as Kyuhyun spoke those words. Nobody muttered a single thing.

"O-oppa." Seohyun swore that it was just a dream. All of a sudden, Seohyun felt really happy. She had no idea why though. She felt a little dizzy, but not in an unpleasant way.

"Hyunnie, let's go." And with that, Kyuhyun grabbed Seohyun's hand and walked away. Soon, Kyuhyun felt a bright red blush creep to his cheeks. He was somewhat unconcious of his movements.

"Kyuhyunnie oppa..." He had just realised what he had done and remembered that Seohyun might have not felt the same way. His heart was panicked and flustered.

"Joohyun-" Kyuhyun was cut off.

"I love you too." Seohyun smiled.

That was enough to tell everyone Seohyun was out of bounds.

That was enough to tell everybody Kyuhyun wasn't interested in other girls.

That was enough to tell everyone they were together.

That was enough to tell Seohyun that Kyuhyun actually did love her.

That was enough to tell Kyuhyun that Seohyun actually did love him.