See you later.

Teardrops on my piano

 

(Hunter *POV*)

 

“Sorry, we can’t do anything else..” Said the doctor to my mom
“B-b-b-but whyyyy?!, are you sure you can’t heal her?” Said my mom, crying.. Again.
“No, she don’t have much time left” Said the doctor, he have his eyes watery too..
“How much time?..” Said mom
“I don’t know, like 8-9 months..” Said the doctor
“Can she continue going to school?” Asked mom
“Of course, it'll be better for her that way” The doctor said
“Okay, thanks you for everrything doctor” Said mom
“Its okay, and Hunter, dear, please don’t let that smile of yours disappear” Said the doctor while a tear roll down form his cheek..

Well, yeah, now you know. I’m sick, and I’m dying.

Tomorrow’s gonna be my first day on my new school, since almost everyone in my other school knew about my illness and I want to be treated like a normal person, so I change schools hehe..

“Hunter dear.. are you ready for school?” Asked me mom
“Yeah mom, have a good day” I said and smile at her
“Thank you honey, you too” She said and give me a weak smile

I now she’s in pain, and its all my fault.

 

 

(Taemin *POV*)

Here comes another ing day, I hate life dammit, I have to study, and act as mr. perfect boy just because my parents are rich, I hate them, I really do.

I was walking towards the school gates, and see a girl, it seems that she’s new because I’ve never seen her before, and her skin is so white, it looks like she’s going to disappear, oh well, I don’t care.

 

I enter the classroom and like usual, plastic girls screaming my name because they want me to sit beside them, pfft..

I just walk straight to my seat, as the new girl enter..

 

“Good morning miss, I’m your teacher Jung Junghe, welcome to our class, please introduce yourself” The teacher said
“Good morning, my name is Park Hunter, and I’m pleased to meet you all” She said smiling, I bet she’s one of those carefree girls that have nothing to worry about..
“Okay, now please seat next to Lee Taemin, Taemin please raise your hand..” The teacher said and I roll my eyes and   raise my hand..

She walks towards my seat, and she sit next to me..

“Hi, nice to meet you” She said smiling at me
“Hi.” I replied coldly
“Today’s a beautiful day isn’t it?” She said in a dreamy manner while looking at the window..
“No, it isn’t. Now stop talking to me, please.” I said.

 

(Hunter *POV*)

Wow, he sure is grumpy kekeke, but its okay, I bet he’s not in the mood today..

 

(Nobody *POV*)

 

Its being 2 months, and Taemin slowly started to open up bit by bit to Hunter, he tell her his problem, and she just listen carefully to him, and she help him with them, he could always rely on her. She won his trust, now, they’re good friends, and everything’s fine, or so does think Taemin..

 

(Taemin *POV*)

This girls, sure is something different, I like her smile, it gives me a warm feeling inside..

At usual she comes to the classroom, the only thing that have change its that now I smile back at her.

“Helloo thereeee Taeminnieeeeee~!” She said to me smiling
“Hello there Hunter” I replied smiling too
“Whatcha doing today?” She said
“Nothing much, just practice piano” I said
“OMO, you play piano?” She asked, with a surprised expression
“Hahaha you could say that” I said
“I wish I could hear you one day, but now I’m in a hurry, I can’t stay in school, I have some things to do and got to go now, I just went here to say hi to you, see you around” She said smiling, always smiling, and get out of the classroom..

I wonder what kind of things she have to do..

 

(Hunter *POV*)

I get home and find my mom crying, she was worried.

“Hunter, where the hell were you?!” She said
“I was at school mom..” I said
“Didn’t you know that we have to go to de hospital?!, you have to do your checks!” She scream crying, I don’t get mad because I know she’s just too worried..
“Mom, don’t get like this because of me, when I’m gone, I want you to smile, not to cry” I said and give her my warmer smile..
“Don’t say stupid things like that! Let’s go..” Mom said and drive me to the hospital..

“So doctor, how’s Hunter doing?” Asked mom.
“She’s doing great, don’t worry” He said and I could see in my mom’s eyes that her hope increase.
“Please, said the truth, how much time left?” I asked smiling, and I could see the doctor’s facade fade..
“Around 6 months.” He said, and my mom.. she just start crying again.

 

I start getting fevers so I skip 2 days of school..

Now, I’m going towards the school and when I walked inside, I listen to a beautiful melody, it comes from the music classroom, and it’s a piano.

I peeked inside and saw Taemin playing, he have a happy expression, he looked so calm..

Suddenly the music stopped..

“Hunter?” He said..
“Y-yeah..” I said
“What are you doing here?” He asked standing up from the piano and walking towards me..
“Nothing, I just came and listen to a beautiful melody and then, I saw you.. Please, continue playing..” I said
“Kekeke, its okay, you like classic music?” He asked
“Neh, the one that you were playing.. I love that song” I said
“So do I, its one of my favorites..” He said shyly
“Could you.. Play for me?” I asked
“Sure, he said and smile

And he sat again in front of the piano and started playing again..

He have that serious expression on his face while playing, when his fingers press the lasts keys, he turn to me..

“So.. How was it?” He asked smiling
“Awesome” I said and smile back..
“While I play the piano, its just like all my worries fade away” He told me
“Same here while I listen” I said
“You know.. You’re the only person that can understand me crearly..” He said, looking directly in my eyes, his gaze was so sincere, my eyes start getting watery..
“Please Taemin, do me a favor” I said
“What favor?”
“Please, just don’t get too attached with me..” I said, I’m very close of breaking down
“I think it’s a little too late for that..” He said and smile
“Please, don’t!, I don’t want you to get hurt too!” I said

And that’s it, I can’t take it anymore, so I stand up and run away while thinking “Taemin, if only you knew..

 

(Taemin *POV*)

I wonder what's happening to her?..

After that incident she skip classes for 1 month, is she that mad?, then I started walking towards the music classroom and saw her there, sitting in front of the piano, and I smile to myself..

 

(Hunter *POV*)

This last month, I star getting fever again, but this time it get worse, I’m still weak, but I don’t care, I don’t have too much time left and I’m not planning on spending it in a hospital bed.

I was staring at the piano while thinking of Taemin

“Hey, where were you?” I hear a voice behind me ask me, and I obviously knew it was Taemin
“Why don’t you play in public?, I know you enjoy playing piano..” I said
“How did you know that I don’t play in public?”
“I hear about it.”
“Oh.. well its because I just don’t feel like it, I don’t like to play just to make my parents happy and think that I’m a perfect boy..” He said
“Well, you should play in public, but no to make them happy but to make you happy, I know that you enjoy playing” I said and smile at him
“I only like playing for you” He said smiling
“You shouldn’t..” I muttered
“What?” He asked
I ignore his question and said “Taemin, what if I have to leave you?”
“Don’t be silly Hunter” He said laughing, but I look at him with serious look..
“I’m serious Taemin” I said.
“I will follow you” He said
“What if you can’t follow me?” I said
“Of course I will” He said
“And what if I have to leave to a place far far away from here?” I said
“You’ll never leave me, you know why?” He asked me
“Why?” I asked
“Because you’re already in my heart, and you can’t leave from there” He said smiling. I could feel my eyes getting watery

 

(Taemin *POV*)

 

After that she just hug me and cry, I don’t know why she’s crying, but I just hug her back..

We continue seeing each other in the music classroom after school almost every day..

Already 3 months have passed, and she start skipping class again, gosh this little girl, she’s sooo lazy..

 

(Hunter *POV*)

“Please tell me you’re lying!!” Scream my mom
“I’m sorry, but, her time’s almost here.” The doctor said and get out from the room..

What happen this last week is that I start getting really weak, my time’s almost here, I can’t eat well, my whole body hurts, and hurts a lot, the fact of smile is painful, really painful, but I continue smiling, because maybe if I do, my mom would smile with me too..

 

(Taemin *POV*)

I decide to go to the principal office and get the direction of Hunter’s house

He give me the direction and he told me

“I’m sorry.”

What the hell did he meant by that?..

Anyway, I walk to her house, and knocked the door, her mom I guess open the door and have red eyes..

“Excuse me, is Hunter here?” I asked and she start crying, and crying hard..
“Sh-sh-she’s in the hospital..” She said.. what the hell!?
“WHAT?!”
“Y-y-y-yeah, I’m going there now, want to come with me?” She asked, and I just nodded..

 

After we get there, we enter to a room, and there was Hunter, she was in the bed, and when she notice us, she give us a weak smile..

“H-H-Hunter?” I shuttered
“Y-yes?” She asked with her weak voice..

Then a doctor came in..

“Ms. Park, the time is here” He said, and a tear start rolling down his cheek..
“Noo, please noooo!!!” Her mom start screaming and went to hold Hunter’s hand..
“Mom, its time to let go..” She said and smile
“No, I don’t want to let go..” Her mom said crying
“Mom, I hold it enough already, its time for me to go and protect you from where I belong” She said and gave her mom a weak smile, then I approached her..
“Why Hunter?” I asked in a very low voice
“I told you I’ll have tou leave you” She said and give me and smile at me apologetically
“Will you wait for me?” I asked, I’m now crying too
“Wait for you?” She asked
“Yes. I told you I will follow you so, I want to know where you will be, I meant, in wich part of the heaven I will find you?” I asked
“Silly, you already give me the answer long time ago, remember?, I will stay in your heart, so you don’t need to follow me..” She said smiling, a very weak smile
“So, this mean a goodbye?” I asked my voice’s almost gone
“No, every time you play our favorite song I’ll be by your side, listening to it, but you have to play in public you know..” She said
“So that meant?..” I asked
“That meant that this not a goodbye, it’s a see you later” She said and smile
“See you later Hunter..” I said
“See you later, Taeminnie..” She said smiling while a single tear rolled down her cheek..

Then, she get cold, and her lips where white..

 

She was gone.

 

2 months later…

 

 

I was in front of a piano again, its being a long time since I played..

I started pressing the first keys..

(Please listen to this while reading: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wUfZD6oc)

I start remembering everything..

“Hi, nice to meet you” She said smiling at me

“Today’s a beautiful day isn’t it?”

Of course it was a beautiful day, it was the day I meet her..

Then I remember the first time I played for her..

“So.. How was it?” I asked smiling
“Awesome” She said and smile back..

Then, the things she said after that..

“Please, just don’t get too attached to me..” She said
“I think it’s a little too late for that..” I said and smile
“Please, don’t!, I don’t want you to get hurt too!” She said and run away..

I didn’t understand what she meant by that, but I did it.. In the hard way..

“Taemin, what if I have to leave you?”

I could feel a tear rolling down from my cheek and dropping in my piano..

“its time to let go..” She said and smile

Another tear dropping on my piano..

“So, this mean a goodbye?” I asked my voice’s almost gone
“No, every time you play our favorite song I’ll be by your side, listen to it, but you have to play in public you know..” She said

“See you later, Taeminnie..” She said smiling

Then I pressed the lasts keys, but I was smiling.

I stand up and could hear the clapping and cheering of the people, this was my concert after all..

I was playing in public.

 

Then I could feel the wind blowing my hair, and I listen her voice

“Good job Taeminnie~!”

Thanks Hunter..

Now thanks to her I learn to love life, appreciated what I have and..

That I never have to just let go.