001

SMTOWN ★ ωε я ωнσ ωε я ★

C h a p t e r  O n e

B i g  N e w s

 

No One's POV

 

"Girls, we're here."

Jinri and Soojung opened their eyes slowly, still in deep sleep. The girls didn't get too much rest the past week, so sleeping in the car became a habit after their debut. "we're...where?" The youngest, Soojung, who was still in sleepyland rubbed her eyes as she woke up from her free time slumber. "We're at the company, where else?" The manager jerked his head backwards towards the drowzy sleepy teenage girls in the back seat of their van. "don't know, stop asking questions, mhmhm..I wanna sleep a little longer" Jinri whined turning her whole body around like a worm. "no way! Get up you two!" The manager lost his paitence waiting for the girls to get out of the van. Jinri was still whining on letting herself sleep more, while Soojung was fixing her makeup, making sure her eyeliner and mascara didn't smudge. The manager stepped out of the car and went to open the backseat doors.

He was planning on getting them out anyway he could think of, even if meant doing it himself. "Ssul!~ Wake up! Before he gets really mad!", "later! Gimme another 5 minutes!" She threw her hand in front of Soojung's face waving it like she was dead in her sleep. Soojung had no choice but to lie to get her up. "eh...? Is that Chanyeol-oppa?! What's he doing here?"

The second Jinri heard Chanyeol-oppa's name being called out, she opened her eyes in a hurry and sat up on the seat fixing her hair at same time. "what?!! where?!!!" she yelled which caused Soojung to jump up a bit, "oops, false alarm...haughhh...."Soojung yawned as she told Jinri that she made a mistake.

"I thought it was him, guess not."

Soojung was really lucky that Jinri was almost always dumbfounded or always out of it.

"yah! you freaked me out!" Jinri glared at her best friend, "I know." Soojung murmured under her breath. Jinri could honestly care less, and she did, she went back to her original sleeping position, but that's when the manager was out of his paitence. He pushed the car door open and reached for Sulli's supposedly fastened seatbelt, and Soojung tickled Sulli on the sides so that she would raise her hands up long enough for their manager to grab her and pick her up himself. "Y-yah! Put me down!" she screamed and threw punches at him, but the manager-oppa and maknae ignored her loud tantrum until they made it inside the building, that's when he decided to put her down.

"So call me when to pick you two up, because right now I have to go and drop off Victoria, Amber, and Luna at the airport." He explained to the maknae because the eldest found a chair and tried to go back to sleep. "Dae~ Bye oppa!" The youngest waved as the manager as he exited the SM Entertainment company building. Soojung watched him as he stepped foot into the car and drove off, leaving the two of them there.

She walked up towards the concerge desk and signed her name and Jinri's, since she knew Jinri wasn't going even bother at this point. "yes, thank you Ms.Jung, I will notify him that the two of you are here, and for now please go wait in the main office's waiting area. Soojung politely bowed her head towards the worker and walked over towards Jinri who was trying to go back to her wonderful dreamland. "you're still awake, aren't you?" Soojung lightly kicked Jinri's left leg, "ow! and yeah, of course I am now..."Jinri pretended to fake cry for a couple of seconds but Soojung just took her stuff and pulled Jinri off the waiting chair. Then suddenly Jinri opened her eyes wide open in shock which made Soojung curious as to why she opened her eyes.

"Soojung-ah?" a voice from behind called out her name.

 

~Soojung's POV~

I try pulling her off the chair but she won't budge. Till suddenly she opens her eyes in shock, 'did she give up yet?' I thought to myself.

"Soojung-ah?" a familiar sounding voice calls out my name. I turn around to see who it is calling me.

"T-Taemin-oppa?" He walks towards me smiling widely and cheerful as always. What's he doing here?

"annyo~ How are you? Hey there, Jinri-ah!" He waves to Jinri us as he walks out of a certain hallway.

What the hell? Why is it that he seems least bit suprised to see us, as if he knew we were going to be here. "What are you doing here?" I ask him and then three more other familiar figures come walking out of the same hallway he walked through. "annyeonghaseyo! f(x) sunbaenims!" the 3 youngest EXO members: Tao, Kai, and Sehun say as they bow towards us. "EXO as well?" Sulli murmurs to herself under her breath. Kai's the first one to finish walking through the hallway and walks over to Taemin's side, all cool and calm. Tao, the oldest follows him, all sleepy and tired, and Sehun the youngest, is clearly the only one awake and alert, and he does the same as Tao.

No one said anything about this!

I exchange sudden glances with Jinri because even I was completely confused of what was going on.

"Annyeonghaseyo" we in return greet the four boys, "what's going on here?" Sulli asks them, and I was happy that she did. I wanted to know what was going on just as well, but without looking too eager at the same time, cuz that's just totally lame and being desperate.

"Taemin-oppa?" I look at him hoping he would soon answer our question, but he just smiles cheerfully at us and glances back at the 3 other EXO members.

"we're not really sure ourselves. This morning we had all received a last minute order to meet with Lee Soo Man-shi at this exact time." Sehun-oppa explains to us while Kai-oppa, the one in charge of the y charisma in EXO is just staring at us with Chinese member, Tao-oppa, the youngest member of EXO-M. He just seemed so tired and didn't seem to care much about anything at all.

"So did we. That's strange." Sulli adds, "we know. Taemin-hyung told us that you two had also received the same order from the company" Kai finally spoke. Damn, his voice is low. Not only that his skin is so tanned and he's so tall! No wonder he's in charge of the y charisma in EXO. What the hell am I saying?! SOOJUNG, SNAP OUT OF IT!

"H-how did y-you know?" I ask Taemin once more nervously hoping no one has noticed me acting weirdly. He nervously starts waving his hand at me because I pointed the suspicious question at him, "Amber told Key-hyung that, which of course he told me that because he also knew about my last minute schedule change." He claims but I still think he was acting the most suspicious out of all of us. I mean, I was the one who stuttered when asking him that question and then all of sudden he gets all tensed and hyped up. What's that about it?

I didn't say anything afterwards because the whole thing was just getting plain weird. I noticed that me and Sulli, who are the maknaes of f(x), and Taemin-oppa: the maknae of SHINee, and Tao-oppa, Kai-oppa, and Sehun-oppa who are also the maknaes of EXO were all called for maybe same thing. So is this some-'only maknae'-should-know-kinda-news or what?

But then, why isn't Seohyun-unnie, Changmin-oppa, and KyuHyun-oppa not here yet?

I mean they're also the maknaes of their groupd, so how come they're not here?

 

~Jongin POV~

"so now what?" Sulli says as she turns her head towards Taemin, since she likes him. Of course, he doesn't know what to say.

But then again, it is Taemin though...Ever since I've known him, he's always had a sharp tongue. Yes, the company has warned him about his reckless rude commenting tongue, but he hardly ever pays attention to what he's always saying himself.

So when someone asks him to comment on his experience or something like that, the words that come out of his mouth are nothing but true, unthoughtful, and my favorite one, Careless.

That's right, I said it. My best friend is very careless.

So now I'm just hoping he at least answers the question with some decent answer or normal response.

Wait, does Taemin even have any great leadership skills?

 

"how should I know?" He asks her in reply. 

Great choice of words, dude.

 

I look around to see everyone elses' reactions. Krystal doesn't really like it, that's for sure. Then I look back to spot my members reactions', Sehun's eyes are widerer than before and shocked. And as for Tao-hyung, well his eyes are avoiding the whole scene, he's doesn't seem like he wants to be apart of any drama — I get that.

Then I turn my head to Sulli's direction. I could tell she's a bit shocked, I raise both of my hands up and try to signal her to relax, "Sulli-shi, he didnt me-"

"what?" She cuts me off as she stares at Taemin with confusion boiling up in her eyes. Way to go, Taemin-yah!

Suddenly Krystal stands up and walks over towards Sulli, "Ssul~ you know oppa didn't mean it that way..." she tries to comfort her member — and best friend.

"Yeah, Krystal-shi is right. Taemin doesn't always think before he says something."

"yes...I'll forget about about it." Sulli says with a very thin smile on her face. "Great, so that means we could pretend like nothi-" Krystal manages to squeeze in, but my right-now-at-the-moment-idiotic-best-friend cuts her off. Better to shut him up, ya' know before he adds more damage. 

 "Well you asked, and I just answe--MMHM!!" before he was able to finish the remaining of his sentence, I cover his mouth with my hand, and drag him way over to the corner. Ya' know, for safety.

 

"D-dude!!! What was that for?!" He furiously broke out in anger. Another thing I forgot to mention. HE HATES BEING CUT OFF. But doesn't seem to mind when others are cut off by him.

"Ohhh yeahhh~ I was trying to help YOU! You're rude tongue has done it again!" I yell at him and he goes back to his originally bubbly self. "sorry Jongin-ah, I didn't mean to~ but I just got angry all of sudden again. Weird, huh?" He asks while smiling brightly at me.

"yeah...weird." I was at complete loss of words.

~Jinri's POV~

"Don't mind Taemin-oppa. Kai-oppa was right, Taemin-oppa never thinks before he says something, alright?" My best friend said trying to comfort me. I smile weakly back at her, "it's ok, really."

"How should I know?" 

"How should I know?"

"How should I know?"

The same words kept repeating themselves in my mind. Yes, he might have a sharp and vicious tongue like KyuHyun-oppa, but...I never thought I would ever once be the victim of it. Because he was always nice to me.

-Flashblack-

(6 years ago)

"waahhhh!! mommy...mommy...I want to go home..."

"Jinri-yah~ don't cry, okay?" Taemin

"Momm--cough cough--mmy!!"

"I have something for you, but you have to stop crying first or I won't give it to you, arasso?~"

"mhmm..." I nodded, and he revealed a white swarm of tree-looking-like flowers to me.

"Here's a flower to stop your tears from falling." He handed it to me, and I accepted it. He sat down right next to me; the same spot I was crying for hours.

"Did you know?" he suddenly asked me as we watched the sun go down. "know what?" I was still trying to get over the snot and tears that left red marks on my face.

"Every different type flower has its own meaning. They call it the "Language of Flowers" That's what my mom told me." He told me.

"S-so what does this one mean?" I asked him with red eyes from all the crying, I had hardly any energy left in me after I stopped.

"This one here, it's called a Syringa. But most people know it as a Lilac, it's a pretty common type. There's only 2 different types of lilacs in this world. A purple one and a white one." He said with such charm buried deep into his eyes as he explained it to me. He was able to charm me with just a sentence about a flower.

"The white one that I gave you means youthful innocence, and memories."

"youthful innocence...and memories?..." I mumbled to myself. He nodded at me and then I start to get why he had given me that flower in the first place.

"Taemin-oppa, Thank you." I said from the bottom of my heart.

"you're very welcome." He patted my head lightly.

He had given that flower to me so that I would always think of the memories with my mom.

-Flashback Ends-

What happened to the nice and sweet Taemin-oppa I had known?....

From the corner Taemin-oppa and Jongin-oppa walk out after Jongin dragged Taemin-oppa away to talk with him. "Jinri, pretend like you don't care if he says something to you again. Just ignore it." Soojung whispers in my right ear as she puprosely knots her arm with mine, "ok."

 

~Taemin's POV~

"so you're saying I should apologize to Jinri?" Jongin nods his head while his eyelids are closed, "and why the hell should I do that?" My sudden embroil snaps him out of his closed eyes nodding trance, "Because!" He yells back at me with an annoyed look on his face. "Because what?" I ask him hoping for a honest and decent answer. He's awfully overreacting over some small issue. "Because it's just the right thing to do!" He yells or should I say, whispers in my ear in A LOUD (TONE) MANNER. "oh yeah? Since when did you care so much about Jinri?!" I threw the question back at him. "I..I didn't say I did. I jus-"

"You just what?"

"I just think it's the right thing to do. Look, I know you don't like dealing with these sorts of situations. But since you started it this time, you're just going to have to make an exception."

"and if I don't?" Whose the hyung here, me or him?

"then I guess I'll just confess to Soojung that you like her." He threatens me with one of his serious death glares. I doubt he's serious, I bet Jongin is just trying to scare me, that's all.

"yeah sure. Okay, go ahead." I doubt he was even going to take a step near the 2 girls.

Without hesitation he turns around and starts walking towards Soojung and Jinri. . He wasn't joking.

I ran to his side and pulled him back into corner, "Okay okay, I'll apologize alright?! Just don't say a word to Soojung about my feelings!" I fell to his mercy. ME. HIS SUNBAE.

"good choice hyung" he pats my shoulder as he walks to stand behind me. Now all I had to do was apologize for....what was I apologizing for again?

"psst, Jongin." I call him over my shoulder, he glances out his head, "hmmm?"

"what was I supposed to apologize for again?" I mention and he looks at me with a 'are-you-stupid-or-what?' facial expression, and gives up his unbelievable stare to my question, and sighs heavily as he face palms himself. "come on, just hurry up and tell me!" I knudge his sides.

"You are apologizing for being an insensitive jerk." He says slowly and clearly as if I have a hearing aid problem.

"thanks..." I said to him in sarcasm and he just smirked at me. "You must be really enjoying this, aren't you?" I mumbled to him but I was only hoping for myself to hear it.

"how did you know?~" He sarcastically throws back the question at me.

 

~Jinri's POV~
 

"sorry guys, I didn't mean to start anything, Jinri, and I'm sorry if I had made you made at me." Taemin bows his head towards me. But I wish he didn't say anything.

Soojung then started to breathe harder and shake in anger as our arms were wrapped with one another. "m-mad? wha-" I shook her to be quiet."soojungie, "don't worry about it", wasn't that you who said that?" I remind her and she looks down in anger that was just boiling up inside her. Soojung knows how I really feel about Taemin. Only her, Vic-umma, Amber-hyung, Sunyoung-unnie, Heechul-oppa, Fany-unnie, and Taeyeonnie-unnie.

"but..." she spoke up in low tone, low enough for me to hear. "No buts."

I know she was trying to stick up for me, but doing that would just complicate things even more.

 

~Zitao's POV~

Taemin apologized to her, but she still doesn't seem so okay about it. Oh well...it shouldn't concern me. "hyung!" Sehun whose standing beside me wiggles my arm to get my attention. "huh?" Too bad, I wanted to know what was happening between Taemin-hyung and Sulli-shi.

"Hyung, were you even listening to me?" he asks me. Of course not.

But of course, I'll have to lie. "y-yeah sure." He raises one of his eyebrows at me and stares at me in suspicision. "Oh really?~ Then what did I just say? hmm?" "you were telling me about what Luhan-hyung did the other day, right?", "oh so you were listening?" He said as a smile forms on his milky-skinned face.

I knew that I'd be correct because Luhan is Sehun's most talked about subject. "So what did hyung do?" I ask him trying to continue our conversation, but suddenly his bright expression changes into an irritated one. "hyung, I already told you what he did! So you weren't listening to me at all, WERE YOU?!" He lashs out on me, "mianhe, mianhe, it's because I was listening to what Taemin said after he apologized." I explained to him and his angry expression disappeared in a second, and a confused expression appears instead. "why do you care?" he turns his attention over towards the 2 girls whispering with each other. "OH!!!~so that's why. Ok, I get 'cha ya." What did he get?

"So which one do you like? hmmm~?"  "W-wha-what?! I...I don't li-"

"Sure you don't." Quickly, he interrupts off before I was able to finish. "But really hyung, who is it? come on tell me, 'We are one! We are EXO!' remember?!" He sneakingly adds. "See? you are the maknae, you got the sneaky brain of yours right in there." I say poking his forehead and he pouts his lips as I keep poking his head on purpose to bug him.

~Sehun's POV~

"hyung! stop that~" I complain while whacking his finger that keeps poking my forehead. "what? this? " He teases me as he keeps poking me, "yes, THAT!" I successfully grab his hand in one shot and twists it around, but not even a groan leaves his mouth, "what? That doesn't HURT?!" He smirks as he nods his head to his right and left side. "hehe~..." a giggle sound comes from the corner that Krystal and Sulli are sitting beside, I look at them and look back at my finger, "wait, are they laughing at you?" Tao mentions as he notices that I'm staring at their actions. "Wha?! NO, their laughing at you!" I yell at him. "hehe..." They giggle more openly and noticeable now. 

Great now, they're laughing at me. Now she's going to think I'm a weirdo or retard.

"Hey, what's going on?" Kai joins in giggling with Taemin, "finished apologizing?" Tao teases Taemin, "mmhmm!" He takes the joke happily.

 

"Excuse me..." a woman wearing an office uniform skirt and blazer, and all 6 of us turn our head to look at her. "Yes?" Sulli questions her.

"The Mr.Lee Soo Man-shi is ready to see you all now." She announces to us, and we all get up and walk forward towards her. "this way, please." She guides us with her right hand. Jongin and Taemin glance at each other after she guides us into the hallway, s..."In here, please." She shows into an office room with Mr. Lee Soo Man-shi sitting in the desk  while writing on some document. He looks up and gazes at each and every one of us. "Yes please sit down, my beautiful children." Did he just call us 'beautiful children'? Kids would've been enough, thank you very much.

 

~No One's POV~

"Annyeonghaseyo Lee Soo Man-shi!" we greet him each and bow 90 degrees towards him.

"Taemin-ah?" He calls out Taemin's name and startled of course, the 20-year old jumps in his chair. "D-Dae?!"

"haha! sorry, you must be nervous, but I hope you're not. Soojung-ah, Jinri-ah?" He turns towards the 2 girls and they right away answer him, "dae?"

"How's f(x)'s comeback doing? I've heard you girls have won already more than 5 times, Congratulations to you two!" He congratulates the two, "no! thank you very much for giving us this song to sing, and the clothes and make up is also very wonderful!" Soojung humbly accepts his comment, and Jinri bows her head towards him as Soojung is thanking him. "Thank you for your consideration!" Jinri adds to Soojung's finishing sentence. "Yes, yes..EXOK and EXOM are doing very well, don't you three sunbaes think?" He asks Taemin, Jinri, and Soojung referring to Zitao, Jongin, and Sehun's comeback as EXO.

"Thank you very much!!!" The three boys stand up and bow 90 degrees towards him as he asks the sunbaes what they think. "haha! that's the spirit I wanted!!" He mentions as he laughs in a grandpa style.

"you wanted?" Taemin asks him curiously grabbing the other 5 idols' attentions. "Yes. I think you're all wondering why I have called you all here today together. I have paided very close attention to the fans' comments and wishes. They've have been wishing, and some have been suggesting and demanding for a Maknae sub unit lately." He revealed to the 6 maknaes, "that's why, I am taking the fans wishes into my own considerations."

Sehun and Taemin were listening with there ears loud and clear and eyes wide open. Soojung and Jongin were just staring at him as if he was some kind of alien, in other words, they too were shocked. Aside for Zitao and Jinri, they were just calmly listening and staring.

"In 6 weeks from now, I will be releasing a teaser video to the media. The teaser will be featuring all 6 of you in one whole sub-unit. Together."

"wait, does that mea- OW!" Taemin said as he interrupted the speech, but Soojung slapped his shoulder and glared at hi to shut him up to let Lee Soo Man-shi finish speaking. She gestured the middle aged man to continue finishing to speak. "Thank you. And as I was saying...The 6 of you will be put in this sub-unit together starting from today." That's when all 6 of the maknaes' jaws fell open in shock.

For dramatic music effect please click here (open a new tab)

"In 2 months, meaning on the 8th or 9th week, you will have your music video released and your debut stage the next week, as the "SMMaknaes".

"Music video?!"

"Debut STAGE?!"

"in two months?!"

"teaser video?!"

"Sub-unit?!!"

"SM★Maknaes?!"

 

 


 

Author's Note

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to update one freakin' chapter...I'm just really lazy and BORED OUT OF MA MIND. No biggy....hehe ^^

PLEASE DO LEAVE COMMENTS :) and your thoughts as well!

Questions for the readers

Which character are you rooting for?

Which couple/pairring are you rooting for?

 

Responses

@starcube : hey there, I'm always looking forward to your updates, your stories always make my day! And yes, sorry about not adding KyuHyun, SeoHyun, & ChangMin, I like them all, it's just I have 6 characters I have to deal with already lolz...ENJOY★ Which couple will you be rooting for? ;)

@maryaa : thank you for supporting my fanfics! Hope you enjoy this one!★

@PearlescentPearl : Thanks so much for subbing, I like you anticipation, Here's the 1st chapter! ENJOY~★

@fxwhuut : thank you! who's story/pov are waiting to read the most? Enjoy~★

@Michella : here's the first chapter!~ Enjoy!★

@adrntm : >_< I'm sorry that I didn't add those 3 characters...it's just I don't think I would be able to write them well enough...I love SNSD, SUJU, and TVXQ, so don't get me wrong! but please do Enjoy~★

@Nikkibby : I tried to respond to your wishes, hope I didn't disappoint you.... I'm glad a fellow kaistal shipper is a subber, there will be many pairings, trust meh. Enjoy~★

@nikinate24 : I'm glad you like it! Who's ur bias? hmmmm ;P Here's the first chapter, ENJOY!~★