Chapter One

The Things You Wish You Had

I sat on the park bench, shivering in my light sweater. The light rain drizzled on the back of my neck, making me shiver slightly. I stared blankly out into the night, my eyes seeming to search for something in the darkness. As I was about to get up to leave, I saw the faint silhouette of a man. He bent down on his knee, looked up, and said these four words:
“Will You Marry Me?” Jonghyun sincerely asked.
And that was the moment that my heart broke, because what I sincerely wanted to hear, hadn’t been said to me.

FLASHBACK

KEY POV

I was 8 years old, picking dandelions in my backyard. I hated being poor. I hated being picked on. I hated being nerdy. I hated being...me.
“I HATE MY LIFE!” I screamed out for the whole world to hear, wanting them to know my sorrow, to feel my pain, to witness my tears. To know what it was like to be me.
“Hey, are you ok?” a boy asked as he walked up to me, a confused and slightly scared look dominating his face. I looked up at him, realizing that I must look pretty psycho.
“I-I’m fine,” I managed to stammer, looking away from his face.
“I don’t think you are,” he said as he sat down next to me. “I mean, you look kinda sleepy and you seem mad about something.” I looked up at him, surprised of the kid’s observation skills.
“I guess...well...” and I poured out my entire story to him.
“When I was three, my father was stripped of his job and thrown in jail for something that my mommy won’t tell me about. I overheard her talking about it one day, and I think it was...se-sec-I don’t know, something about salt...oh yeah! I think it was sec shoe all a salt!”
“I’ve never heard of that kind of salt before,” the little boy commented, looking interested. “Do you think it’s poisonous?”
“Maybe,” I giggled. “Ok, so anyways, after his imprisonment, my mommy acted like she was dead-”
“You mean she walked around like a zombie?” he asked excitedly. “I’ve always wanted to see a real life zombie!” His eyes lit up with excitement and he looked quite silly.
“No, not like a zombie...like...her eyes lost the sparkle that they used to have, and she was really mean all of the time. She would just sit in her rocking chair all day with this blank look on her face. Unable to take the memories that the house possessed, we moved here. Since my omma doesn’t work, we have to get money elsewhere...I don’t know how she does it, but we stay together. I don’t have any friends, and everyone picks on me. I hate being me, I hate my life, it’s so horrible. I wish I could just curl up and die,” I finished, wondering why I just poured my feelings out to this boy. He just felt so friendly.
“Don’t die! I like you,” he said smiling at me. “My name is Jonghyun, what’s yours? We can be friends!”
“Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key!” I smiled, happy to finally have made a friend.

And that was the day that changed my life forever.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

[A/N] Hi, topjongkey here~ well, i didn’t have much to do with this chp, so i shouldn’t be taking any credit for it. all done by the incredible kissmeimirish (im only doing this cuz she asked me to :P). the next chps probably gonna be up tomorrow, we dont know yet....but thanks for reading!

 

hey its kissmeimirish!! and regarding topjongkey's author note, she did all of the next chapter so we r even now X) and topjongkey is really nervous about this cuz its her first ff ever, so please show some support in the comments!!!! thank u guys sooo much 4 reading!!! like topjongkey said, the next chapter will probably be up tomorrow...we r getting together tomorrow to work on it :D COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!! SARANGHAE~

 

11i1eh4.gif