Prologue

Something New, Something True

 

“You shouldn’t be calling me right now.”

A small smile found home on her freshly washed face as Yoon Soeun fiddled with the loose thread on her comforter, twirling the white string around her finger and unwinding again before she pulled on it hard and it came off with a soft ‘thwack’.

“Why not?”

She laughed disbelievingly at his nonchalance and smoothed out her comforter. “We should be sleeping!”

“How’s the ringbearer?”

She turned towards the lone wicker basket in the corner. “Well fed and soundly asleep now. Something that the two of us should be doing before we wake up the next day with unflattering eye bags and swollen faces.”

“Something new?” He carried on, ignoring her words.

“My dress. Duh.”

“Yah! Once again, your attitude.” He chided, though his voice was laced with an underlying tone of amusement. “Aish, I haven’t even married you officially and the dreaded attitude is already coming out. Eotteoke? My future is so bleak right now.”

The young woman couldn’t help the bubble of laughter from falling past her lips as she fell back against the comfort of her bed’s fluffy white pillows. Her legs pushed themselves under the edge of the blanket and stretched out against the cooling sheets of her bed as she settled down for the night.

“You’re so weird.”

A scoff came from the phone. Soeun flipped onto her side and tugged on the lamp’s switch, plunging the entire room into darkness, save for the moonlight streaming in through the balcony doors. The bright full moon hanging among the clouds that night bathed the darkened bedroom in a ghostly silver light, casting its glow on the corner where various gift boxes were stacked on top of one another neatly.

“But you love it either way,” came the snarky reply. “Something borrowed?”

“Mama Kim’s lending me her hair pin.”

“Ah, that’s nice.” He said and Soeun could hear a soft, muffled thud from the other side of the call. It seemed he was also settling in for bed now. “Something blue?”

“The bracelet you got me at the beach.”

The smile on her face grew broader at hearing the husky chuckle coming through the phone. It was like a natural instinct for Soeun to feel happy at the familiar and warming sound. She could only imagine how cheesy she must look now as she grinned up at the hand painted clouds adorning her ceiling.

“And your something old?”

Soeun turned to my side once more and looked at the gown hanging from the top of her closet, the sheets rustling softly with her slow movements. Her brown eyes scanned the length of the white silk that rippled with the breeze coming from the air-conditioner, before stopping on the small almost unnoticeable strip of white lace sewn onto the side of the dress’ right sleeve.

“Do you remember the first time we met?” She asked quietly, her eyes never leaving the beautiful dress that she was going to fit into tomorrow morning. “When a piece of the dress I was holding was torn off?”

Soeun smiled as the fond memory flitted across her mind. The sights, the sounds and the feelings of that moment was still deeply etched in her being, something that she was sure would never fade nor go away for as long as she lived.

Because the destruction of the dress was the start of Yoon Soeun and Kim Sunggyu’s story.

 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Prologue. I know it sounds super cheesy.

This story is going to be a romance story, so cheese and fluff's inevitable. Throw in some awkwardness from the girl too. And some nagging from GrandpaGyu. Not to forget, some greasy heart throwing from our very own Nam Woohyun.

Sub and comment, dearest readers <3