Family

My Bodyguard

 

An hour passed and you both arrived at your house in Busan. The driver called the two of you.

Myungsoo’s eyes opened slowly.  *That was really comfy, did someone put a pillow- wait, this is ------‘s shoulder!* Myungsoo’s eyes widened, and got up, causing his head to hit your chin.

“Ouch,” you groaned in pain as you rubbed your chin. You were awake. “What happened? Are we here?”

“Huh? Oh yeah,” Myungsoo muttered.

The both of you got out of the car and headed inside you house.

You ran as fast as you could. You hadn’t felt your mum’s embrace since forever, and you were desperate.

You strode in the house, and searched around the house. You went to every room, but you couldn’t find your mum. *Hmm, where is my mum? Oh I know.*

You walked out to the backyard, to find your mum happily smiling while taking a look at each of the flowers that were bloomed. *This reminds me of someone...* you thought

“Amma!” you yelled. Your mother turned around and smiled. She opened her arms, and you ran into them. You hadn’t had this warm feeling since ages.

“Aigoo how’s my daughter?” Your mum asked.

“Hmm, I’m fine, but how is it that you and appa ask the same question? No wonder you two are made for each other, “you smiled. Your mum lightly hit your arm.

“How’s everything? Your face has gone much thinner, no matter what, you gonna stay here for a few days and then go. I will feed you properly,” your mum demanded

“I can’t. I have school, and appa strictly said I have to go tomorrow morning,” you sadly pouted.

“Aigoo, if only my poor daughter wasn’t chased by those bandits,” your mum sadly said.

“Don’t worry madam, that’s why my friends and I are there to protect them,” Myungsoo came in the backyard.

“Ah, Myungsoo ah, how have you been? How is Min Ah doing?” your mum asked

“Deh, I’m fine, Min Ah is doing fine, and as you see ------ah is also doing fine,” Myungsoo explained

“Amma! Why do you ask him about Min Ah and not me?”You asked furious.

“That’s cause I don’t believe you when I say things,” your mum retorted. You blew your bangs while crossing your arms.

“Anyways, come both of you inside, I have dinner ready, you can both eat it and take rest. I really don’t approve of you going tomorrow morning, but if it’s compulsory o can’t do anything,” your mum sadly said before going inside.

You frowned and went inside as well.

*I wonder how my parents are doing* Myungsoo wondered.

Myungsoo went inside.

“Ah, Myungsoo ah sit down and eat.” Your mother said.

“Ah, madam, if you don’t mind, I need to go somewhere, so if you would kindly excuse-“Myungsoo started.

“Araso go, but make sure to come before the morning, or else -----‘s dad would be furious,” your mother announced. You sat there awkwardly.

“Kamsamnida,” Myungsoo bowed before dashing out.

“Amma?” You began.

“Mmm?”

“Do you know where Myungsoo’s going?” you asked with a mouthful of rice.

“Yah! Who taught you these manners to eat with your mouth open? Come on eat up, and eat with your mouth closed,” Your mother hit your hand.

 

Myungsoo rode the car himself and went to his house. He went to the gates. *To go or not to*

He didn’t want to be a burden, and turned to go when his mum called him.

“Myungsoo! What are you doing there, come inside!” Mrs Kim called out. Myungsoo opened the gates and went inside.

“Myungsoo! Aigoo, how has my child been?” Mrs Kim asked.

“Why does every parent ask that?” Myungsoo whispered.

“Huh?”

“Ani, its nothing. I’m fine, how are you omma? How’s appa?” Myungsoo asked.

“I don’t know! You haven’t come home since forever and you dare ask those questions. “

“Mianhe, I’ll try coming often, you know my job,” Myungsoo said.

“No matter how tough your job is, make sure you have time for us too,” Mrs Kim smiled.

“Of course, but omma, is there anything to eat? I’m hungry,” Myungsoo blurted

“Go inside first, your dad is in the living room, I’ll make dinner, and you can stay the night as well,”

“But omma-“

“No buts,” Mrs Kim said as she strode of inside.

Myungsoo went inside and saw his dad sitting in the living room reading the newspaper.

Myungsoo tilted his head to see his dad reading the newspaper upside down. *Hmm… is he trying to avoid me or something?*

Myungsoo went towards his dad and looked over the newspaper, as his dad peered over the newspaper. Quickly, his dad’s eyes darted to the paper which soon became bigger as he realised he had been reading upside down.

“Appa, what are you doing?” Myungsoo asked with his hands on his hips. Mr Kim coughed.

“Nothing how is your job?”

“It's alright I guess, but appa, my dream as an idol won’t ever be forgotten. After all threats amongst those two girls have been done, I will lead my life to the idol. You do know that’s why I even stopped school.”Myungsoo argued.

“Araso Araso, just go eat,” His father got up and walked away.

Myungsoo went into the dining room and sat down. His mother came with a bowl of rice.

Carefully his mother picked up the spoon and fed him, like she used to. Myungsoo felt his heart warm. *It’s good to be back home again*

That day, two people’s heart felt warm.