Kyuwook

Super Junior's One Shot Wonderland [Requesting Closed]

Requested by: pumpkinsomnia

Pairing: Kyuwook

Theme: Modern Day Cinderella


I shook my head as I saw the crowd of my fans waiting for me outside the school gates.  Beside me, my best friend Ryeowook chuckled softly.

"It's not funny" I growled, "God, why can't these people understand that I don't want attention?  I just want to live my life peacefully, but noooo, I have to deal with the freakin' Cho Kyuhyuyn fan club!"

Ryeowook shrugged and nudged my arm gently,

"Be nice" he warned, "I know they annoy you, but they're just doing it because they like you"  He shot me a warning look, before smiling and leaving me to deal with the screaming, hysterical mob.

I groaned, I knew I should be flattered by all the admiration I recieved, but I wasn't.  It had been like this since I entered grade school.  My family was well established, and I had always been popular for my wealth.  At a young age it was also apparent that I was very bright, so my intelligence also won me more attention.  In recent years, I had grown out of my awkward stage and was considered relatively good looking.  These factors led up to the culmination of my title as the price of SM Academy.

Everyone envied me, and they all wanted to be my friends, hoping that some of my influence would raise their status in the social hierarchy of the school.  They disgusted me, and I kept them at a distance.  I never knew who I could trust, and found it easier to be cold to all the wannabes who clung tightly to my coat tails.  This was also the reason I was dubbed the Ice Prince.

I caught sight of Ryeowook walking into the school building, and I smiled faintly.  Ryeowook was the only person I fully trusted, he was my sole confidant, and my only true friend.  I knew Ryewoook wasn't interested in my status, or wealth, we had been friends before he even knew I was so well endowed.  We had met on the first day of jr. high, at the very peak of my awkward stage.

As rude as I was to the chubby, bespactacled boy, he always had my back and soon became someone I could always trust and rely on.  He stuck by my side even to this day, despite the hate he recieved as a result.  The student body was generally hostile to my small friend because they were jealous of our intimacy.  He endured the bullying, and harsh words with a smile, always assuring me that he was fine.  I really didn't deserve him, he really was too good...

I glared at the guys and girls gathering around the gates like eager puppies.  Their eyes filled with admiration for someone they didn't even know.  They had all formed some ill-concieved notion of how I really was, never bothering to aknowledge the fact that maybe I didn't fit their mold of perfection. 

I pushed past them, ignoring them as they declared their love and devotion.  I just rolled my eyes, counting the seconds until I could graduate and leave all this bull- behind me.

**********

It was lunchtime, and since Ryeowook was no where to be found, I spent the hour wandering around aimlessly, trying to avoid my fangilrs and boys.  I saw a crowd of rabid girls approaching, and I quickly ducked into a hidden hall to escape.  Once I was sure they had passed, I stood and looked around the corridor.  I was unfamiliar with this part of the school, but I remembered vaguely that it was the school's music department.

I was about to turn away when I heard the soft tinkling sound of a piano being played.  The melody was unfamiliar, but strangely alluring.  I found myself walking further down the hall, wanting to get closer to the sound of the beautiful music.  I stopped outside the closed door of a practice room and pressed my ear against it, trying to hear more of the pleasant tune.

Suddenly, a high, sweet voice joined the piano, and I gasped.  The voice was so pure and piercing that I felt the air get from my chest and all I could do was listen breathlessly.  I had the intense desire to see who was producing such moving music, and my hand twitched on the handle.  I quickly pushed the door open before I could lose my nerve.

The piano stopped and the lovely voice emmitted a high pitched squeak of surprise.  The back of the piano was facing the door, shielding the musician from my view.  I slowly approached, trying to catch a glimpse of the person who had moved my cold heart to emotion.  Just when I was about to see, a purple notebook was tossed at my face, obscuring my vision and distracting me.  I heard the sound of frantic footsteps, and when I pulled the notebook away from my face the piano bench was empty.

I growled in frustration and disappointment.  I ran to the door and scanned the hallway, but all I managed to see was a flash of copper, and a small shadow running away.  I sighed and looked down at the notebook in my hands.  It was filled with music notes and lyrics.  I was intrugued, and studied the small, neat writing.

  A grin stretched across my face as an idea started forming in my mind.  I held the notebook in my hands lovingly, this was the key to the mystery.  I would catch my Cinderella yet!

**********

When I quickly relayed the situation to Ryeowook, and explained my idea, I was surprised by his reaction.  He simply shrugged and mumbled non-commitally.

"What's up with you Wookie?  I thought you'd be happy.  You're always saying how I need be nicer to people. I'm just trying to be a good person and return this notebook to it's owner"

He looked up at me, his big brown eyes filled with some undistinguishable emotion, and he sighed,

"Fine, I'll help you" 

I smiled brightly and hugged him excitedly,

"Thank's Wook!  You're the best!"

He smiled back and snorted,

"And don't you forget it!"

**********

"This is taking forever!"  Ryeowook whined as he glared at the stack of love letters that still remained untouched.  I groaned and flopped down beside him, nodding in agreement.  When I proposed we compare the writing in the notebook to the different love letters I had received, I didn't realize how labor intensive it would be.

I smiled smugly as I observed the piles of pink, perfumed paper signed with hearts and lipstick marks,

"Dang!  I didn't know I was so popular!  Man, I'm a god!" 

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and smacked me in the back of my head,

"Yeah, and you're so modest too" he scoffed sarcastically.

He yawned and stood up, stretching his arms over his head.

"Well it's late, I'm going home" he announced, walking towards the door.

"No!" I whined, grabbing his foot before he could walk away.  "C'mon!  You promised to help me!" 

He sighed, but walked back,

"Why is this such a big deal for you anyway?"  He asked, looking at me curiously.

I flushed slightly, but mumbled,

"I heard the person singing... I don't know... I just really want to see the person behind the music.  I know it sounds lame, but it really touched me, and I can't help feeling that I need to see that person.  It's a strange compulsion, but it's like I fell in love at first sight"

Ryeowook listened silently, but whispered gently,

"Love at first sound?" 

I grinned,

"Yeah, something like that" 

We continued to look through the letters, a thoughtful look on my face, a pensive look on my friend's.  I wanted to ask, but I decided against it and we worked in silence. 

I glanced over and saw Ryeowook sleeping amongst the scattered stacks of letters.  I smiled softly, and pulled a blanket off my bed to cover him with.  I studied my best friend and was struck by his appearance.  When had he changed so much?  He used to be the clumsy, chubby boy, with his thick wire-rimmed glasses.  When had he become so... beautiful?

I shook such thoughts from my mind and turned my attention back to the task at hand.  I worked late  into the night, studying paper after paper with no avail.  Finally, when the clock struck twelve, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

I awoke to someone shaking me gently and calling my name softly.  I groggily cracked open my eyes to make out the blurry figure of Ryeowook standing over me.  He was already dressed in his uniform, and his hair was combed neatly.  I groaned and tried to turn over, but Ryeowook wouldn't let me.  Instead he sighed, and with a nudge sent me tumbling off my bed, onto the hardwood floor.

"Wookie!" I shouted, rubbing my grumpily.  He just let out a giggle and said,

"Let's go Mr. Cho!  We gotta get to school"  I grumbled, and muttered something about stupid morning people, but obedientley left the room to get dressed.  By the time I was ready, Ryeowook was already gone.  My maid informed me that he had something to take care of, and had to be at school early.

I frowned, not liking the fact that he had abandoned me.  I skipped breakfast and had my driver take me to school.  I was going to scold my best friend for ditching me.  I smirked evilly as I thought about his apologetic face, he would definatley owe me!

I pulled up to the front gates, happy to see that my fan club wasn't here at the early hour.  I strode down the halls, heading towards the library where Ryeowook often spent his free time.  I walked in and saw his stuff spread out on a table, but there was no sign of my little friend.  I glanced at the table and idly picked up some of his notes, amused at the small doodles that he had drawn in the margings.

When I looked at the actual words, I stiffened slightly.  The writing looked to familiar to overlook.  I quickly ped my backpack, and opened the purple notebook and compared the two writing styles.  I gasped as I realized thay were a perfect match.  My head was swirling with thoughts, and my heart was pounding as I tried to handle the flurry of emotions.  I snapped out of it by the soft, muffled sounds of sobbing.

I put the notebook down, and peeked around a book shelf to see my best friend sobbing into the embrace of his other friend Henry.  I growled, and felt the anger course through me.  I had never liked Henry, he always seemed to close to Ryeowook, and I hated how he joked around and so easily, making him blush and giggle.  My dislike for the foreigner only increased as I saw him hugging Ryeowook tightly.

"H-he can't know, H-henli" I heard Ryeowook mumble tearfully.  "H-he can't f-find out it was me.  W-what if he finds out and is d-disappointed?"  He cried harder, and Henry shushed him, squeezing him tighter.

I felt an intense flare of jealously rise up in me, and before I could stop myself, I strode over to the pair.  I grabbed Ryeowook's hand, and pulled him away from Henry.  I ignored Ryeowook's startled squeak, and started dragging him away from the librabry, towards the roof.

Once we out in the open air, I spun around to face my best friend.  He was flushed, and panting, the sudden physical exertion obviously exhausting him.  His head was down, and he refused to look up and meet my eyes.  I could still make out the trails of tears that continued to flow down his face.

I stood there awkwardly, not really sure what I was doing, or what I was thinking.  Ryeowook shifted uncomfortably, and sniffled, trying to get his tears under control.  I could tell he was frightened, and I didn't want him to think I was mad at him, so I asked in a gentle voice,

"Was it you?"  He stiffened and stuttered,

"I-i don't know w-what y-you're talking about" 

"We're you the one I've been looking for?" 

He didn't respond, but instead turned towards the door that led back into the building.  I grabbed his hand, preventing his escape and pulled his towards me, enveloping him in a hug.  I felt him tense up, and I felt him shaking, I wasn't sure if it was due to his tears, of because he was scared.

"Why didn't you tell me?"  I whispered softly, not wanting to scare him more.  He let out a choked laugh, and pushed away from me, looking me straight in the eye.

"Would you have believed me if I did?" 

I opened my mouth, but no words came out, and he chuckled bitterly,

"That's why.  I knew you wouldn't have believed me, and I didn't want to disappoint you" 

I was about to protest, saying that I wouldn't have been disappointed,  but he cut me off.

"Besides, even if you did believe me what then?  It's not like there would be some kind of big dramatic happy ending.  You said you fell in love when you heard the music, well I'm sure that's changed now that you know it's me"

Again, I tried to sepak, but he kept going, fresh tears now painting his cheeks,

"I've been by your side for years, putting up with the that everyone throws at me, did you ever think why?  I did it because I love you so much that I didn't care if I got hurt, as long as I was with you!" 

"W-why didn't you t-tell me?"  I managed to force out.

He laughed cynically,

"Because I knew how much you hated your fans.  I was there everytime you turned them down, and scoffed at their love.  How could I ever confess when I knew you felt like that towards your admirers?"

He shook his head, and swiped angrily at his tears,

"Well now that you know, I'll save you the trouble of rejecting me" 

He turned away, and walked towards the stairs leading back down to the school.  His shoulders shaking violently with the force of his sobs.  I stood there, paralyzed with the force of my shock, before jumping into action, my mind clear, and my thoughts focused.

I ran towards Ryeowook and hugged him from behind, burying my face in to his sweet smelling hair.

"Don't go" I pleaded, tightening my hold on him, "I don't want you go"

He turned around, looking at me warily, but I could see the slightest gleam of hope in his defeated eyes.  I stared into his big brown orbs, and said with a conviction that I felt deep in my heart.

"I'm so happy it's you, do you have any idea how happy I am?  How could I be disappointed, the one I love, loves me back"

I brushed his coppery hair out of his eyes, and gently wiped away the ters that leaked out of his wide eyes,

"It's you, and it could only be you.  I couldn't fall in love with anyone else.  You're my best friend, but you're so much more.  I feel like I've loved you forever"

He choked out another sob, but this time it was a happy one.  His eyes searched mine, looking for any hint of doubt or uncertainty.  I looked right back, hoping he could see the love and honesty behind my words.  Slowly, a small smile started to play on his lips,

"R-really?" he whispered, and I smiled down at him warmly.

"Of course.  I love you Kim Ryeowook, you're my Cinderella"

I leaned down and captured his lips, smiling as I felt his melt at the slight pressure almost immediatley.  The kiss was chaste, and fleeting, but it was so charged with love that we both pulled away, panting and flushed.

I hugged him close to me, relishing how his body seemed to mold to mine perfectly, almost as if we were designed to fit together.  I heard him giggle softly and I looked down at him, amused curiosity in my eyes.

He smiled at me beatifically, and giggled,

"I guess fairy tales do come true" he mused, and I raised my eyebrows curiously.  He grinned wider and explained,

"Cinderella does always get the prince in the end"


There you go pumpkinsomnia!  I changed some of the details that you wanted to fit the story better, I hope you don't mind...

Anyway, hope you enjoy this update, I might skip ahead and do bubbleroses's request bc she want a Kyuwook birthday one and my beloved Wookie's b-day is tomorrow *cheers*

Anyway, I will get to all your requests, so don't worry.  Thanks to all who have subscribed and commented, it means the world to me!