Kyuwook

Super Junior's One Shot Wonderland [Requesting Closed]

Requested by: cashewlover_14

Pairing: Kyuwook

Theme: Kyu taking care of sick Wookie

 


I pushed myself, gently reminding myself that the week was almost done.  I stared at my clock and noted grimly that it was 4 in the morning.  I would have to be up in two hours to get to the clinic.  I sighed and rubbed my temples tiredly, I also had a huge exam in math tomorrow, and a presentation in music comp.  I was beyond exhausted, but I drove myself on with the hope that all my hard work would pay off in the long run.

I rode my bike through the morning mist, up the familiar road that led to the small, non-profit hospital.  I quickly stepped inside the small building, and bowed politely to the receptionist.

"Good morning noona!" I chirped happliy, ignoring the tired aching of my body.  She smiled warmly and greeted me,

"Morning Ryeowook-sshi.  Coming to visit again?"  I nodded and quickly pulled on my white volunteer vest and stepping into the dimly lit hall.  I peaked into the first room, and grinned when I saw the patient siting up in bed, looking around in obvious boredom.  Her small face lit up when she saw me, and a huge smile took over her face.

"Wookie-oppa!"  She cried, bouncing up and down in her bed excitedly.  I laughed at her exuberance and strode to her side, giving her a warm hug.

"How are you Luna-ah?"  I asked and she pouted,

"Onew-ah keeps teasing me!  He steals my doll and hides her from me!"  I chuckled at the obvious outrage on the small girl's face,

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him about it"  The girl's face brightened immediatley and she hugged me.

"Oppa, promise me you'll visit soon, okay?"  She asked, her big eyes silently begging me to agree.  I smiled and ruffled her hair, ignoring the slight throbbing in my head, and promised her I would come very soon.

I walked down the hall stopping to talk with each patient.  My heart was filled with such admiration for these brave people who were fighting illness or injury, that's why I came to visit as often as I could.  So many of the patients were forced to face their battles alone, and I wanted to be someone they could count on.

The last door in the hall belonged to a old withered man who I had taken a special liking to.  The old man was battling lung cancer, and I had developed a fondness for the gruff man.

I pushed open the door and smiled when I was met with the glare of the old man.

"Good morning"  I smiled, walking to his bed side.  The old man simply huffed in return, but I didn't miss the small smile the flitted across his face.  I looked around, and was surprised to see a boy, about my age, snoozing in a plastic folding chair.  It was not the first time I had seen the boy, but it was the first time I had seen him up close.

Normally, I saw him when he was just leaving, or when he was walking down the hall.  The taller always seemed preoccupied so I never got the chance to introduce himself.  I shot the old man a curious look and he grumbled,

"Oh that's my grandson"  He didn't say anything else, and I decided not to push him farther.  I sat down and asked the old man,

"So, how have you been?"  The man immediatley launched into his set of complaints that made me giggle internally.  He was always so negative, and whined about everything, but I could tell he had a good heart.  That's why I liked him, he was direct and honest, but I always knew he cared.  It seemed he was always the meanest to those he liked, it made me feel honored that he approved of me.

I glanced at the clock, and saw that I was going to be late for school if I didn't hurry.  I quickly bowed to the old man and wished him a good day before I sprinted down the hall.  I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get a chance to talk to his grandson, but I pushed the thoughts from my mind as I rushed outside.

I sighed disappointedly when I saw the rain crashing down in torrents.  I had no choice but to set out for school on my bike, the rain quickly soaking through my clothes and making me shiver.  By the time I arrived at school, I was completely drenched.  My legs were aching terribly and my head was pounding in pain.

I tried to shake off my fatigue as I hurried to my math class.  I teacher handed me a test, and I sat down and looked at it.  The numbers swam on the pages, and I had to blink rapidly to get my eyes to focus.  The sharp pain in my head had worsened dramatically, but I grit my teeth and pushed through it.

As soon as the bell rang, I was forced to head over to the music room.  By this time, my head felt like it was seperate from the rest of my body.  My head felt deceptively light and floaty, while my linbs felt as heavy as lead.  I felt horrible, but I refused to give up.  I sat down at the piano, and cleared my sore, scratchy throat.

I began playing, forcing myself to comcentrate on the music in front of me.  When I was done, the students clapped, and I bowed politely, but I felt like I was going to pass out at any moment.  When lunch time rolled around, I dragged myself to my locker where my friends stood waiting for me.

My best friend Sungmin took one look at me and commanded,

"Wookie, go home.  You look terrible and I know you need some rest"  At this point I was too exhausted to argue and I just nodded pathetically, silently begging the world to stop spinning around me.  Sungmin and my other friends offered to drive me home, but I refused, using my last bit of strength.  I couldn't stand to be a burden on my friends.

I assured them I was okay, and trudged outside to get my bike.  I wheeled it away from the school, using it to support some of my weight, as walking had become a troublesome task.  I felt like I was freezing, and the world began to spin faster.  I squeezed my eyes shut, but that only made things worse as I felt my body begin to sway dangerously.  My head was throbbing so hard that I could feel the pounding all over my body.  My ears were ringing, and it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

I didn't know how it happened, but suddenly I found myself sprawled out on the cold concrete outside the school gates.  The last thing I remembered was a frantic voice yelling,

"Hey!  Are you okay!?  Hey!"  The everything went black.

**********

I woke up in a dimly lit room with blue walls and a small window.  I knew I was not in my room, and I panicked.  I sat up quickly, but whimpered as the sudden motion made the world spin before my eyes.  I winced at the pain in my head and my chest.

I could make out the sound of hurried footsteps, and when I could open my eyes, I found the concerned face of a relative stranger looking down at me.  I stared up in shock as I realized it was the boy from before, the old man's grandson. 

He placed his large hand on my forehead, and shook his head when he felt how warm I was.  When he pulled his hand away, he met my eyes, a small half smile on his lips.  For the first time, I realized how handsome he was.  I had seen him enough to know what he looked like, but when I saw him so close his attractiveness was almost alarming.

His jaw was clearly defined and masculine.  His wavy dark brown hair framed his face, and fell into his eyes.  His nose was pert, and sculpted and his eyes were dark and alluring.  I involuntarily let out a bewildered gasp and his face twisted in concern.  He must have taken my awe as a state of shock because he quickly explained,

"I'm sorry if I scared you.  My name is Cho Kyuhyun, I go to the same school as you.  I saw you faint on the sidewalk and I didn't know what to do.  I didn't know where you lived, and I didn't have a phone to call for help, so I just ended up bringing you to my house"  I looked at him with wide eyes, and he blushed under my attention.

He shifted uncomfortably, and looked at his feet.  Seeing him act so shy really was adorable and I giggled softly.  At the sound of my voice he looked up, an uncertain smile on his lips.  When I saw I had his attention I smiled weakly and managed to force out,

"H-hi, I'm Kim Ryeowook..."  My voice was hoarse and I had to stop as my throat began to ache terribly.  He seemed to accept this knowledge with a nod of his head.

"Yeah, you're in my music class.  I'm also pretty sure I've seen you at the little clinic just up the hill"  My eyes widened and I searched my brain, trying to remember ever seeing him in my class.  I felt slightly guilty when I had no recollection.  He seemed to guess my train of thoughts because he chuckled and explained,

"I sit in the back of the class, I don't really talk much so don't feel bad if you don't remember me"  I nodded, my eyes filled with a genuine apology.  However, I didn't want him to think I didn't know him at all so I managed to croak,

"I've seen you at the clinic.  You're Mr. Cho's grandson"  He smiled and nodded, before moving to my bedside.  He gently pushed me down into a sleeping position, and pulled the blankets up to my chin.  He placed a finger to his lips telling me to stop talking and sleep.  I smiled faintly, already drifting back into unconciousness.

I was in that state between sleep and awareness.  I could vaguely sense what was going on around me, but I couldn't break through the haze of exhaustion to react.  I sighed as I felt a cool cloth being pressed against my forehead, wiping away the sticky sweat that had formed.  I was aware of Kyuhyun's presence as he talked to me as he went about his work.

"Hmm, I'm sure that feels much better"  He murmered and he wiped my arms and legs, effectively lowering my body temperature.  My ears pricked as I heard him start to sing as he gently re-arranged my body on the bed.  I almost snapped awake as I realized he was singing the same song I had performed for my presentation in music.  His voice was much lower than mine, and it had a low silky feel.  The notes were smooth and almost sensuous and I felt the skin on my body prickle with goosebumps.

He must have noticed, because he quickly tucked me back under the covers, thinking that the goosebumps were a reaction to the chilled air.  I faded deeper into oblivion, once again unaware to the happenings around me.

The next time I started to fade into conciousness, I became aware of Kyuhyun sitting at my bedside, my hand grasped in his own.  He my hand gently and absent mindedly as he thought aloud.

"It's funny.  I've been dying to talk to you for ages now, and this is how we finally meet.  It's reallly not surprising that you didn't recognize me, you always seem so focused on what you're doing that I would be shocked if you noticed what was really going on around you.  Do you know that you're famous at school?  Everyone is always talking about you, how cute you are, how ambitious.  I used to be jealous of you, but when I saw how you always visited the clinic in your free time, I knew you were a good person"  He stopped momentarily, and just contined to caress my hand.  Finally, he chuckled again and mused,

"I wonder when I realized I had a crush on you?  I can't remember when, I just remember having felt that way for a while now"  He stopped and laughed softly,

"I guess it'a good thing I saw you leaving school.  I could see you were feeling ill in music, so I was already worried about you.  You have no idea how I felt when I saw you splayed out on the floor.  I thought my heart stopped, and I almost cried, oh God I'm pathetic!"  He trailed off again, and I felt him place my hand back at my side.  there was the sound of a scooting chair, and I guessed he had stood up.

Suddenly, I felt the warmth of another's breath on my face.  The heat grew stronger until I felt the feather-light pressure of lips on my cheek.  As soon as the heat had come, it disapperaed.  I heard footsteps and the gentle closing of the door.  The spot where his lips met my skin, was hot, and I felt my heart rate increase slightly.  I faded into the darkness once again.

The next time I came to, I actually awoke completely.  It was dark outside, and the room was ghostly, lit only with the faint moonlight that came streaming in through the window.  The pounding in my head had stopped, and as I sat up I was pleased to find that the world stayed stable.

I looked around for my companion, and my chest tightened when I saw he was nowhere to be found.  I looked and saw a glass of water on the bedside table.  I grabbed it and took a sip, relishing how the cool liquid soothed my dry throat and mouth.

I fiddled with the empty cup, and thought idly of what I had heard while I was asleep.  The memories were hazy and unclear, giving them the appearance of a dream.  However, when I remembered the kiss, my cheeks flushed and the spot where his lips touched, tingled.

That was enough to convince me that the kiss was real, but did that mean what I had heard earlier was real as well?  I quietly pulled the blankets away, and shakily stood.  Although I was feeling much better, I was still weak and it took my full focus not to just flop back into the bed. 

I gingerly walked to the door, and pushed it open, peering around.  In the dim glow of the moon I could make out a couch, a figure slumped down on it.  I silently padded over to the sofa, and looked close.  Kyuhyun was fast alseep, his breathing deep and even, his face the epitome of peaceful innocence.  I smiled and unconciously reached towards his face.  I brushed the bangs from his eyes, and his smooth cheeks.  He stirred slightly, and I pulled my hand back, not wanting to wake him. 

I felt the strong need to touch him, so I gently adjusted him, so he was laying down in a more comfortable position.  I hurried back to the bedroom and took one of the blankets from the bed and covered his sleeping figure with it.  I smiled as I looked down at the boy who had treated me with so much kindness and care. 

I'm not sure what came over me, but I leaned down and gently pressed my lips against his.  A bolt of electricity went down my spine, and I pulled back, gasping in suprise.  I turned, to head back to the bedroom, when I felt long fingers close around my wrist.

I turned and saw Kyuhyun wide awake, looking at me with large eyes.  I blushed deeply, embarrassed at having been caught.  I smiled awkwardly and apologized,

"Sorry... I-i don't know what possesed me to do that..."  He contined to study me with unreadable eyes.  In a barely audible whisper he asked,

"D-did you feel that too?"  I stiffened at the question, but with his wide eyes boring into my soul, I found it impossible to lie and I replied,

"You mean the spark?"  He nodded with fervor and i whispered,

"Yes..."  The word hovered in the air, both of us not quite sure what this meant.  I looked up and met his eyes, and another shiver went down my spine.  Slowly we began to move towards each other, and as if drawn by some magnetic force, our lips met in the softest manner.  It wasn't a kiss so much as it was a caress.  It wasn't heated and filled with lust, rather it was hesitant, curious.

However, when the burst of electricity ran down my spine, I gasped.  He instinctively deepened the kiss, and it grew more impassioned, telling of hidden feelings and emotions that weren't quite clear to either of us.  When we finally pulled away, both of us panting with hearts drumming in our chests, our eyes met.  Suddenly, we just knew, there was no denying it, and we both fell victim to the sickness of love.

**********

"Well now this is quite a surprise!" 

I blushed as the old man looked at our intertwined hands with obvious surprise.  My head shot up when I heard the old man dissolve into gruff laughter.  I glanced at my lover and saw a proud, happy smile stretch across Kyuhyun's face. 

"So grandpa, I take it you approve"  The old man chuckled again, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Of course I approve you moron!  Aish!  And this kid is supposed to be my grandson?!  I guess my brains decided to skip his generation"  He went on grumbling and complaining about various things, but the good natured smile never left his lips.

I squeezed Kyuhyun's hand, smiling happily when he squeezed it back.  I looked into his dark eyes, and I whispered,

"I knew all my hard work would pay off someday"  He looked at me, confusion evident in his expression.  I giggled and went on,

"If I hadn't gotten sick, I might have never met the world's best nurse"  He rolled his eyes, but the smile on his lips told me he didn't really mind.  He leaned down to whisper in my ear,

"Well you know what they say, work hard and you shall be rewarded"  I looked at him and raised my eyebrows,

"Oh, so your my reward?" I questioned playfully and he just smirked and pressed a quick kiss on my lips before saying,

"You know it baby!"


Okay, so end kind of crash and burn status...  Not my best work, I'm sure...

This one ended up being rather fluffy!  Hehe, well hope you guys like it!

This one's for you cashewlover_14, hope you likey! ^^