Aish! I just want to be normal

Practically my Knight and Shining Armor

 

 

              

YoonA, also known as Princess YoonA Im to state her full name the future duchess, looked at Boom shrewdly, trying to think of someway of ditching him.

She wasn’t your typical princess, wearing sparkly dresses and shoes all the time. YoonA loved her jeans and t-shirts just as much, if not more.

It was her twenty-first birthday and her friends from University had arranged a party for her at one of the bars in the city centre.

Her parents didn’t agree with her going out with them to drink; didn’t understand the obsession with alcohol, and had banned her from going.

That had annoyed her. It wasn’t like they were throwing her a party or anything, they didn’t see twenty-one as a big thing like the rest of the world did.

Boom, the bodyguard assigned to her, stared steadily back at her.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” she said, images of her going out the window and down the trellis running rife in her head.

He followed her to the en suite and watched her until she shut the door in his face.

YoonA headed to the big window, thankful it pulled open instead of sliding. Before going through though she turned the shower on so he wouldn’t get suspicious too soon and halt her escape.

This wouldn’t be the first time she’d disappeared on him.

The last time she’d been out shopping when a guy she liked had phoned asking if she wanted to meet up for a bit of fun. She’d had a crush on him for a while and said yes. Grabbing handfuls of clothing as she passed rails she’d told Boom she might be a while and he’d sat in the waiting area while she tried on outfits. What he didn’t know was that there were two entrances to the changing rooms and she’d exited out of the other and met the guy.

She’d returned to the mansion several hours later and felt the wrath of her parents anger and worry. Boom had been given a warning and told that if it happened again he wouldn’t be guarding the family anymore.

YoonA felt a pang of remorse. He would probably lose his job over this but she was sick of her parents ruling her actions.

With that in mind she sat on the window ledge and swung her legs over. She quickly found footholds in the trellis and descended to the ground.

Looking around her to make sure she hadn’t been spotted she quickly headed to the garage where her Audi was parked.

Seeing her silver Audi R8 just waiting for her made her smile; she loved her car. She hurried over and gunned the engine, leaving the garage in a squeal of tyres.

YoonA didn’t slow for anything, not even as she saw the royal guards come running towards her. She knew they wouldn’t catch her, she was going too fast and their cars were a five minute run back to the garage.

On the way into the city she kept throwing worried glances into her rear-view mirror in-case she was being followed.

Finding the bar they normally frequented she pulled up outside and locked the car. YoonA threw a few more glances around as she walked into the pub but there was nothing.

Letting out the breath she hadn’t realised she was holding she looked about for her friends. She noticed the balloons first.

‘Happy 21st Birthday’.

Upon seeing her, they all got up and she laughed happily as everyone sang ‘Happy Birthday to you’ with a few of her friends throwing in borrish, rude words.

Yuri, her best non-royal friend, walked over to her. “Happy Birthday Yoongie!” She pulled her into a hug, “Want a drink?”

YoonA nodded. “Vodka orange, please.”

She smiled and went to the bar leaving YoonA to be hugged and handed presents by all her friends.

Opening the last one, Yuri’s, she was surprised to find a beautiful diamante choker nestled on grey tissue paper. It was beautiful. It looked like a garland of four leafed flowers joined together.

Her friend lent closer and whispered, “Real diamonds.”

YoonA gasped. “How did you afford this?”

Yuri tapped her nose and winked. “Put it on.”

She did and everyone gasped at how good it looked against her lightly tanned skin. Unfortunately she couldn’t see it herself so she was encouraged to go to the bathroom and to check it out.

YoonA had never been to a normal birthday party like this so she wasn’t sure if it was polite to leave the table. Yuri just rolled her eyes at her and shooed her away.

She went to the bathroom and under the fluorescent lights the diamonds sparkled like multicoloured fire. Her hand lifted and touched the jewels gently. It must have cost Yuri a fortune.

A few girls walked in and she dropped her hand quickly, not wanting to draw attention to herself or the necklace.

YoonA exited the bathroom wanting to get back to the party and her friends and bumped into someone.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” She apologised and looked up into his brown orb eyes.

He looked a little older than her and was tall, has a fair skin and well built. Her gaze also took in the fact he was wearing a suit but her brain didn’t process it.

His hands were on her shoulders, steadying her, “That’s okay, Princess.”

She smiled and moved away from him, back to her friends.

They quickly started chatting and telling her funny stories of past birthday parties of their own and it was only when one of her male friends teasingly called her ‘Princess’ to get her attention that she realised the guy from earlier had called her Princess as well.

She frowned, thoughts going back to their little meeting.

He’d been attractive, y even, in his black suit.

Suit?

YoonA looked about the room, finding him almost instantly at the bar. He was watching her and raised his glass, almost mockingly.

Who was he?

“YoonA?” Yuri was talking to her.

Her attention returned to her friend, “Sorry, what?”

Yuri rolled her eyes, “I asked if you wanted another drink?”

It was only then that she realised her glass was empty.

“Oh! No!” Her mind was racing. She wanted to talk to the guy at the bar, “I’ll get a round in.”

Everyone in her party cheered and whooped and it was then she realised she had no idea what everyone was drinking.

“Shots?” She asked and “yes’s” worked their way around the table.

That settled, she went to the bar and stood next to the guy in the suit.

“You called me Princess.” She didn’t say it as a question, just a statement of fact.

His gorgeous brown eyes turned to her. “Yeah, I did.”

YoonA faced him. “How do you know who I am?”

He grinned and she forgot to breath for a second. “Since you insisted on ditching Boom, your parents thought it was time they brought in a younger model. Me.”

She took a step back from him.

This gorgeous guy was her bodyguard? Could things get any worse?

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Don't be a soundless reader pestering here, comment what you feel! and subscribe! :D