The Baby Challenge

A Day Out

I have to admit that it was pretty darn cute watching Youngbae and my niece wander around the zoo. She was six, eighteen years his junior, but the way they interacted you would have never known they’d only met for the first time an hour ago.

“YB-oppa look, it’s Simba!” Mira said, pointing. He gave her his famous eye smile and took her closer to the lion cage. She complained about being unable to see and he effortlessly swung her up to sit on his shoulders. She squealed in delight and I just smiled at the two of them.

“Where next?” he asked her. She pointed in some direction and they went off. Every time she saw something she would clap excitedly. He carried her around like it was nothing and bought her some pellets to feed the animals in the petting zoo. I started to wonder why I was even there because the two of them were in their own little world. He even bought her ice cream and wiped her face when they were finished.

“Looks like you guys had fun,” I said when we got ready to leave. Mira had fallen asleep and Youngbae was carrying her back to the car. People were watching and whispering and I knew there’d be rumors galore about ‘Taeyang’s Secret Child’ by the end of the night, but it seemed so natural to see him and the child.

“I did have fun,” he answered as he buckled her into the back seat. “I like kids.”

“I can tell. You’re kind of a natural.”

He shrugged. “Kids are easy. All you have to do is get down to their level. I want at least three,” he added, giving me a look. “Two boys and a girl,” he added.

The only acknowledgement I gave his comment was a smirk and “Well until then, I guess you’ll have to pretend with Mira.”

He chuckled. “One of these days you’re going to agree with me.”

“One day, but not today,” I answered. The thought of him with our kids wasn’t bad though. I looked at him out the corner of my eye. He’s going to be a great dad.