Tragedy to lead you back...

Crazy Girl In Love

(A/N: When I Talk to you is Mandy Moore's song from her 2002 album Mandy Moore)

 

Five months after Jiyeon entered the army, she was already assigned to a unit under Army Logistics Command "Seven Stars". She was placed in the Consolidated Supply Depot. AS Jiyeon felt that it was too early for to be assigned at such a big unit, she didn't complain. After all, she cannot decide where she would be, as she was still a Yi-beong (private). She goes along where her sergeant and her fellow privates went, not asking any explaination why. For them, so start in the military service, one must show obedience.

It so happened that one day, while the troop Jiyeon was in was going to somewhere in Cheorwon County to bring some aid for their comrades in the DMZ, an unexpected event happened. Some enemy spies happened to be hiding in the area where the entourage was passing. The enemies ambushed  two of the three vehicles carrying the supplies. They gunned down most of the troops, and even gunned the trucks themselves. The third vehicle that followed, a jeep where Jiyeon was, tried to turn around to run for help, but the enemies shoot the tires of the jeep. The vehicle swerved uneasily as it ran through the rocky road. A colleague of Jiyeon's had happened to throw a grenade at the intruders, thus blasting them off to pieces. Jiyeon made an SOS call to headquarters, telling them of the situation, and where they were. Unfortunately, the jeep rolled down a small hill, making the vehicle land on its roof. Jiyeon, the dynamite colleague, and two other senior officers managed to get out of the vehicle. As gasoline started to pour, the survivors crawled as far as they could before the jeep caught fire and exploded.

***

Mrs PArk was watching the news when she saw the ambush that had happened. To her horror, she saw Jiyeon grimicing in pain as she was lifted to a hammock and up to the rescue helicopter. This scene almost made Mrs PArk go mad that she instantly called her husband. She shrieked on the phone, asking her good-for-nothing husband why on earth he allowed Jiyeon to enter the military.

"It's your stupid daughter's decision, not mine!"

"Ah, so now, you tend to blame me for what happened???? I'm going to get Jiyeon out of that hell that she's in now! I can't afford to see my daughter die a tasteless death! You are a good-for-nothing SOB!!!!" And Mrs PArk dropped the call.

MR PArk rubbed his eyes. He didn't expect this to happen to Jiyeon.

"I told you so..but you wouldn't listen..I told you so..."

***

Three and One was on a Southeast Asian tour performing their hits when the ambush happened, so that Jin Woon had no idea what happened to Jiyeon. So it came as a surprise when he learned that Jiyeon had been in the military hospital for almost a month, recuperating from her broken bone injuries.

Jin Woon decided to ask Mr Park's permission again if he could allow his band to perform for the victims.

"Well...I could..but then, I have to ask permission from the general himself." Mr Park said as he scratched his chin.

"You have the power to convince him. Please let us do this..let me do this...for Jiyeon.."

The other members of the band looked at their leader helplessly. Suddenly, it dawned to Seung Ho whom Jin Woon was alluring to some of the group's songs.

"Hyung..are you still in love with Jiyeon-eonnie?" Seung Ho asked.

Jin Woon turned to look at his bassist, then to his two other members as he sighed. He nodded dejectedtly, then turned to his boss again.

"Let me perform for Jiyeon. Jebal. If this would be the last thing I could do for her.."

"Wae? Are you already agreeing to the fact that Jiyen would be married to Mr Go's son soon?"

Jin Woon didn't answer. Instead, he let tears fall from his eyes. He bowed to his boss, asking him to let him perform for Jiyeon. Seeing that their leader had earnestly asked to perform for his ex-girlfriend, they also gave a bow. 

"Aish. Arrasseo. I'll give a quick call to my friend and ask him if he could help us. I'll give you a call once I get a confirmation from the General."

***

Jiyeon opened her eyes. She looked about to see that she was still in this dreary hospital recuperating. Her arms hurt, her body ached, and she wasn't feeling any good at all. She softly called to her nurse and asked for a glass of water. It was already evening, yet Jiyeon refused to eat that night. Her food was left on the tray, unattended. Every time she wakes up, the ambush replays on her mind like a broken record. She was lucky to have cheated death, but the price was that she was in great pain.

"Oh, Ms Jiyeon, we have some visitors tonight. The group Three and One wanted to have an audience with you survivors of the ambush. They were performing outside Korea when the tragedy happened, so that they wanted to at least make you happy by performing for you."

"Jeongmal?" Jiyeon weakly asked, smiling. She was still reaching out for her water when the members of the band went in and started to greet Jiyeon's neighbor. So it was to her amazement when Jin Woon went up to her and knelt in front of her.

"How have you been?" Jin Woon asked tenderly. He was greeted instead with a teary-eyed Jiyeon.

"Oppa...gomawo..."

"Uljima. I'm here. I'm coming back for you..."

And so, the band stood in front of Jiyeon,singing some of their song. Jin Woon even sang 'My girlfriend is fickleminded'. Jiyeon knew that he meant her in that song, but she didn't mind. She knew how wrong she was to let him go, but she could say she was so lucky all along because Jin Woon came back to her.

"I know that you also referred to me this song. I wish we could go back to where we started. But first, let me sing of what had been our past..that past which I didn't want to go back again. But for all that it's worth, I'm always here waiting for you," Jin Woon said.

 

Remember me
Feels like forever
Since the days
When we were friends
I don't understand
All these changes
I'm still the same
No need to pretend

Where'd it go..?
Do you know..?
Maybe it just doesn't matter

'Cause when i try to talk to you
I feel like I'm not getting through you
Where did we go wrong
It's hard to be strong
When I talk...
When I talk to you

There were times
In the beginning
When you were there
When I needed you most
We'd sit and talk
About the future
And laugh about
Us getting old

Do you know
How it feels
I hope that you know that it matters

But when i try to talk to you
I feel like I'm not getting through you
Where did we go wrong
It's hard to be strong

When I talk to you
I want you to know everything that I am
Don't want to know what life would be without you

When i try to talk to you
I feel like I'm not getting through you
Where did we go wrong
It's hard to be strong
When I talk...
When I talk to you