Chapter Two. What the hell is that supposed to mean

Yeah, Right.

Emi's Point Of View.

I looked around my mother's old bedroom, the feeling of dread was there...but the feeling of utter happiness was evident as well. I was happy to be home....being in Japan for to long kind of threw of my Korean. I was already informal enough as it is. The room seemed to be covered in a slightly thick layer of dust and my aunt acted hastily to the maids so they would clean it. They began to lift things but I looked at them...not a glare....but a correction.

"Sorry miss but..."

"Leave it be...this is technically my house...I'll clean this room considering it is the largest."

"But--"

"Leave." I said sternly and as they left I closed the door behind them and was greeted by the cool air from the balcony doors. I turned around and took a long look at the room. It was split into two, the first part was a large bed with a white and black comforter...followed by satin pillows that I quickly rid of the dust. I pulled my thin scarf over my nose and mouth and left the comforter for later and decided to do the rest of the room first. As I said, there was a large bed, accompanied by a lamp on either side and a vanity near the balcony doors. There was make up of my mothers on it, one was even opened, followed by her favorite sets of lip gloss and lipstick. I smiled but placed it back in it's spot after I dusted each and every little thing. I wiped the mirror clean and then got a good look at myself. My hair was in a messy bun and my hair was parted to the left slightly (right if you were facing me) I had two pieces in front of my ears that dangles. My eyes were a soft brown, outlined by very light eyeliner and modest mascara. My lips were also pale pink but glittered none-the-less. 

I pulled my scarf down lower to reveal the scar that was horizontal down my throat. I gulped and pulled the scarf back up. 

Flashback:

Me and my parents had just saw a musical...being the classy yet laid back people they happened to be. I hooked arms with them and then heard a click. I felt my mother's grip on me suddenly slip as she was yanked away and my father's arms went around me.

"Give me the girl." The middle aged man, Ahjussi, said.

"APA*." I whimpered, tightening my fur coat around me.

"I'll give you my money, I don't have much right now but I'll give you how ever--" My mother tried to runs towards us but he shot my mother in the back as soon as he got the chance. I just so happened to be physically talented so I doubted he's be able to shoot me. 

I watched as my mom grippe onto my arms as she fell to her knees. 

"Mother.." I whispered, dropping to my knees as well.

"Y-you'll rip your dress, pabo*." She chuckled.

"Mother...Mom!" I nearly screamed as she started coughing up blood, getting it all over my white party dress my dad had just bought me. 

"I have a golden watch.." My father said reaching for his pocket but the man got scared and shot him twice in the chest. I screamed.

"Someone Help!!" I screamed again, then noticed the guy crying.

"You're scared....Ahjussi*, please put the gun do--" I screamed just as I bent backwards enough and turned my head to the side, the bullet grazed at my throat.

My throat started to bleed and I began to choke on blood. I fell back onto the concrete and watched as people crowded around me, pressing lightly on the wound to make it stop bleeding. I felt myself being picked up and then something went around my throat.

The next day when I woke up my parent's were dead. They couldn't be saved, apparently my mom's spine snapped in two and my dad had a bullet lodged in his heart and a rib in his lung.

There was no hope.

End:

By the time I had finished the room I went over to the bed and jumped on it, and coughed when dust filled my nostrils and throat. I looked down at a box that landed beside me. It read 'Our Dearest Em Hee'

Inside was a necklace, it was silver and was an oval clock with very intricate designs under the unscratched glass. I pressed the side and it popped open, playing a very quiet tune of an American movie. 

"Heart Don't fail me now, courage don't desert me. Don't turn back now that we're here. People always say life is full of choices, no one ever mentions fear. Or how the world can seem so vast..on a Journey...to the past." I sang along with the music. 

I smiled happily and clasped it around my neck, then tucked it under the scarf. 

"Damn bullets.." I whispered, as my hand grazed across the scar. 

"Emi!!" My aunt shouted.

"What does she need now?" I questioned myself..not really expecting an answer. I was too occupied with my annoying guardian to realize a note in the bottom of the small box and closed it. After I placed the box in a drawer, beside other things I didn't bother to look at...or notice, rather, I made my way downstairs. 

"Yeah?" I said, walking into the dining room. She sat at the head of the table, and I sat at the other end, just as a maid placed a plate in front of me.

"Oh..can you get my hello kitty chopsticks from the kitchen?" I asked her, ignoring my aunt's penetrating gaze.

"Yes Madam." She replied and took the cover of my food off, where I was greeted by fried rice, sweet fire chicken (A/N:Panda Express.. 'cause honestly i don't know the names of their food.) rolled eggs, a bowl of noodles in a steaming chicken soup, and bread, sprinkled with powdered sugar and covered in glaze. I reached for it but my aunt cleared . I sighed in response and thankfully accepted my chopsticks from the maid. 

"You continue to surprise me." My aunt said in a what seemed to be disappointed tone.

"Erm...." I said while chewing on the eggs with an open mouth.

"You are so...American Teenager for a Korean daughter of a very rich and classy family." She sighed.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I thought harshly.