Final

Not Ordinary Any More

I slammed the front door to my house in anger. Lately, it seems like that's how I've always been doing it. Either I leave in anger or I enter in silence so no one will notice I'm home.

The door quickly opened, and I ran for it.

"Latia! Come back! We need to talk about this!" Typical. Mom says she wants to talk, but she doesn't ever listen to what I'm saying.

"Forget it! Don't wait up!" I yelled back.

I was far enough now that I didn't hear her slam the door which I know she probably did. Temper does run in the family.

My bag had extra clothes, there was money in my pockets, and I had my camera around my neck. I didn't really need anything else. All I had to do was take care of myself. And I'm already used to it considering I've been doing that since my dad passed away 7 years ago.

We used to be happy. I used to be happy. Truthfully, it was no one's fault that Dad got sick. But it is Mom's for trying to fill the void by dating so many guys. And I do mean a lot. And frequently. I know widows resume dating, but Mom didn't have to date a month after Dad passed away. That was just....wrong. I couldn't look at her the same way after that. It was like I didn't even know her.

Now, all we do is fight. Every time she brings a guy over, she tells me he's "the one". Well, there's been a lot of "one's", but this is the first one to actually propose to her. And she actually said yes.

No, she didn't think about the fact that I hated him. No, she didn't think about the fact that I was uncomfortable with him moving in with us. No, she didn't want to listen to a word I had against him. I had no choice in the matter, but she never gave me one in the first place.

I shook my head from thinking about her. I didn't want to be sad today. I just wanted to be...free.

My favorite coffee shop was empty when I burst through the doors.

"Hey, Latia!" Luhan called out. He was one of the very few friends I have. Luhan works here. Actually, he owns the shop which is how we got to be friends. I would hang out at random times of the day since I ran away from Mom whenever we had a fight. One day he gave me a coffee for free and asked why I was always there. Since then we just sort of clicked.

"Hey, Luhan. I'll be over here." I quickly grabbed the comfy chair next to the window. It was my favorite seat. The best place to watch people was from this spot. 

Luhan quickly set down my favorite caramel macchiato in front of me and sat across the table. "Let me guess. Another argument? What was it about this time?"

I refused to look him in the eye. "She said yes to him."

There was a moment of complete silence.

"Well, that's it then."

My head shot straight up. "What do you mean that's it?"

"It means you have to stop fighting with her." My eyes narrowed at his statement. "You come in here angry. You leave here slightly happier. Then you come back about an hour later, and you're unhappy again. It's time to just stop and let it go."

"Let what go? The fact that I am angry? The fact that I hate that guy? The fact that she doesn't care about what I think anymore? How can I possible 'let it go'?"

He shook his head. "What I meant to say is let go of your stubborness."

I gasped. "I am NOT stubborn. She is."

"There ya go. You're being stubborn right now. All I'm saying is maybe you should just give it a try. Give her a try. I don't think it could hurt any. At least this way, you tried."

I scoffed at him. "Yeah? And what happens when I try? She won't change. I know her. There's no way things can get better. If anything, they'll just get worse. Truthfully? I'm just tired of it all. Maybe I should just move out." I leaned back in my chair in defeat. I never thought things would be bad enought that I would actually consider that. I always reminded myself that family is family. But how can family be family if she doesn't even know I'm there?

Luhan sighed. "Look. If you're really serious about moving out, I'll help you. But I'd rather you try getting along with her first. It's like that old cliche 'you never know what you have until it's gone'. I don't want you to regret this decision. Just think about it."

He got up to help a customer who just entered, leaving me to my thoughts.

Honestly, I was a good judge of character. But my mom.... she's just too far gone "in love" to notice the change. She forgets I'm home. She's always out. I haven't had one solid conversation with her in years. And I don't think I will have one for a while.

People started heading into the shop. I got up and waved to Luhan to show him I was leaving. He waved back and turned back to the customers.

Quickly, I headed over to my second favorite spot. The park.

Teenagers. Senior citizens. Families. There was always an abundance of people there. It made me feel less lonely being there. It was one of the best places to take pictures. I did best taking candid ones of strangers. Photography soothed me like nothing else.

I sat on a bench and set my bookbag down. I quickly turned my camera on and scanned the park for some models. 

An elderly couple were walking on the cobblestoned path holding hands. Snap.

Two little girls were blowing bubbles and laughing. Snap.

A runner was being lead by her golden retriever. Snap.

A very pregnant woman leaning against the tree with her husband rubbing her feet. Snap.

Without another thought, I absorbed myself into taking pictures. Snap snap snap.

Something blocked my view of the park. I looked up to see a group of guys standing in front of me. They didn't seem to notice I was there, but I definitely noticed them. It wasn't everyday that you see twelve good looking boys posing like models. My eyes widened at their glamorous appearance. Apparently I wasn't the only one either. Girls all over the park were looking their way and actually swooning.

I laughed. Girls are seriously so si....lly.

My mind didn't even get to finish that thought. Air didn't circulate in my body. I was slowly dying from the lack of breathing I was doing.

He was....perfect. His smile was...cute and adorable. The laughter I heard come out of his mouth was literally music in my ears.

"Hyung. I can, too sing! Don't underestimate me," he said.

Someone from the corner of my eye said, "Prove it then, Kyungsoo. Let's hear it." All the guys started cheering for...Kyungsoo.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck in shyness. "Only if Suho hyung and Baekhyun hyung sing with me."

Two of the guys laughed and nodded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j3OYAxmGso (A/N: This is one of my favorite songs by them. And I love D.O's smile in this ^-^)

I gasped. He was an angel. There's no doubt about it. His voice just...I couldn't even explain it. I felt like...I was in love with him. If not him, then definitely his voice.

All the guys started cheering. "I was wrong. You can sing, Kyungsoo. My apologies." Kyungsoo waved it away and turned towards me.

This whole time I didn't realize that I was staring until he caught me.

I blushed and put the camera up to my face to take a picture in another direction. Very slowly, I put my camera back down and tried to inch away without them noticing me.

"Nice try. But we can still see you." I winced and tried to keep going.

A hand on my shoulder stopped me from just getting up and run. Biting my lip I turned around to see who that hand belonged to.

Of course it would be him.

"Were you watching us?" he asked. I stiffened at his knowing tone.

"No. You guys were the one in the way of my camera," I said defensively. Some of the guys tried to hide their smiles, but I could see a couple of them smirk at me.

"Uh-huh. Nice try. I swear, girls are getting bolder and bolder these days." I gasped. Did he say what I think he just said? "I mean, really. At least those other girls had the decency to look from afar."

Oh, no...he...didn't. "Excuuuuuuuuse me? First of all, I was here first. Second of all, you are not all that. Third of all, you need to learn some manners because not everyone is who you think they are. And fourth of all? You're a jerk."

I stood up and left. I was soooooo wrong about him. He may have the face of an angel, but he had the heart of a demon.

Footsteps were pounding after me, but I didn't look back. "Wait!"

A hand reached out to grip my arm and stopped me. "I'm sorry. That was really rude of me. I didn't mean that. I just..." I looked to see him ruffle his hair in frustration. "I just...I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

My heart melted a little from his helpless look. "Fine. You're forgiven." He beamed at me which of course took my breath away again. "Now that you've apologized, and I've forgiven you, I have to go. I'll see you later." I turned to leave again but was stopped.

"You forgot your bag and camera."

"Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much! If I lost these, I would've died. Thank you," I beamed at him.

He blushed at me and said, "No problem. I was wondering....if you're not doing anything....did you maybe want to hang out?"

My eyes widened at his question. "Now? What about your friends?"

"They won't care. Besides, if they were in my shoes, they'd jump at the chance to go." I bit my lip in hesitation. "Just come on. I'm starving." I watched him walk away and turn around confused at why I wasn't following him. "Come on! Jeez. It's my treat." He grabbed my hand and started leading me away before I could protest.

I looked down at our entertwined hands and blushed. His hand was warm against mine. They fit perfectly together. I tried to pull away, but he held on tight. Maybe...it was fate telling me we were meant to meet each other for a reason....

Nah.

I better not get my hopes up. I'm sure he's very popular with the girls. I mean, look at the park. There were plenty of pretty girls eyeing him up. I didn't stand a chance next to them.

"Ouch!" I felt a flick on my forehead and looked up to see him glare at me.

"Yah! Why aren't you paying attention to me? You better not be thinking about other guys while you're with me." His pout was just...adorable.

"Um, for your information, I wasn't thinking about other guys. I was thinking about you." It took me about a full minute to realize what I just said out loud. My hands quickly covered my mouth before something else slipped out.

His eyes bulged out in surprise. "W-what?"

"I gotta go." I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. I ended up in the same spot we were before. His friends were still there, but I veered around them.

"Wait!"

Some of his friends saw him chasing after me and quickly jumped in front of me to stop me. Not wanting to hurt myself, of course I had to stop.

"You okay, Kyungsoo? Anything wrong?" one of them asked.

He bent over and put his hands on his knees to catch his breath. "No, it's okay, Suho hyung. I got this."

I looked for a way out, but they definitely had me surrounded.

When he finally got his breath back, he straightened up and looked at me. "Could you guys give us a moment. We need to talk."

Easily enough, they left us alone.

"Why'd you run from me, Tia?" he asked quietly.

"I just...I got...wait a second, how'd you know my name?"

"If you hadn't noticed, you're name is sewn onto the strap of your camera." He gave me a look that said he knew I was just trying to avoid the question.

"Oh. Silly me."

He laughed. "Yes. And it's still silly of you not to answer my question."

I swallowed hard. I mean what was I supposed to say. That I fell in love with him in the span of minutes? That I thought his voice was the voice of angels? I couldn't do it. "I just....had to do something. And I was late...in going home."

He raised his eyebrows at my lame excuse. "Really? And what is this thing you had to do?"

It took me a moment to formulate another thought. "I had to...help my friend at his coffee shop." Yes, I just used Luhan as an excuse. What of it?

"Okay. No problem. Let me go with you. I'm sure your friend could use all the help he can get if you're willing to run for him." His smirk was hot...but annoying.

"Look. I really don't think that's a good idea."

"And why's that? Is it because you don't want me to meet your friend? Or that you're afraid to be with me?"

I took a deep breath before I told him the truth. "Because I just don't feel comfortable around you."

Kyungsoo took a step back in surprise. He tried to control his face, but I could still see that he was hurt by comment.

"It's just...you make me nervous. And...I can't...breathe when you stand too close. My face...gets too hot. I...feel like I'm having a heart attack. That's why," I said in a big rush.

He looked shock for a moment before chuckling at me. "You are so silly." Kyungsoo slowly walked towards me and held both of my hands in his. "You don't think I feel the same way? My heart's beating too fast. I can't look you in the eye. I say stupid things in front of you. You're not the only one feeling this way, Tia."

I blushed and looked down. Suddenly, I crashed against his body. His arms wrapped themselves around my waist while my hands were against his chest. 

"Will you look at me?" he whispered.

Slowly, I tilted my head up to look at him.

Kyungsoo's smile took my breath away. It was like happiness was just embodied into him. I felt my own face lighting up.

I didn't realize he was so close to me until I felt his breath on mine. It was then that I stopped smiling when he kissed me.

To say I was surprised was the least.

My eyes were wide open. I could see his eyes were closed. I felt my lids drooping, and I just let go. His lips were so soft against mine. My stomach was literally filled with butterflies. When I kissed back, I felt him smiling. It was just...perfect.

He pulled away from me, but I still kept my eyes closed. Kyungsoo leaned his head against mine, and we just stayed like that.

My phone suddenly buzzed in my back pocket, and I jumped. I accidently bumped into Kyungsoo and woke him up from our daydream. We giggled before I looked at my text.

 

"Are you mad at me? I didn't mean to call you stubborn. Don't hate me. :(

-Luhan"

 

And then suddenly, I was pulled back into reality. I shook my head at Luhan's silliness and looked back at Kyungsoo.

His eyes didn't leave me for one second. "So. Was that your friend asking you to come to the shop again?" he smirked at me. I laughed. I didn't think for a second he would fall for that.

"No, he was just wondering if I was mad at him. Lucky for him, I'm not. But I'm just gonna wait an hour before texting him back," I slyly said.

Kyungsoo laughed at my effort in making an evil face. "Who knew my girlfriend would be so evil?" I blushed at that word. Girlfriend. "Come on. I'm still starving. And this time, you WILL NOT run away from me." I giggled at his mock stern face. I nodded and followed him.

We sat at a dukkbokki stand and devoured our food. Every few minutes I had to take a napkin and clean his face. I giggled at his goofy smile.

"What are you staring at, cutie?"

I shook my head. "Nothing." I got up and left him to pay. I playfully waved my fingers at him to chase me through the park.

He quickly slammed the money down and ran after me. I shrieked in laughter and ran away. Kyungsoo caught up to me in no time. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and swung me in a circle.

"Kyungsoo! I'm gonna throw up! Stop!" I laughed. He set me down but didn't let go of me.

I walked to the nearest bench with him glued to my back. We collapsed onto the bench laughing our heads off.

Kyungsoo quickly put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. We caught our breaths back and just sat there.

I turned to him and smiled. "You know, this morning I really hated everything. I was angry and upset. I didn't think anything could cheer me up. And here I am laughing with you." I tried to convey how sincere I was. "Thank you, Kyungsoo. You just turned my day into something extraordinary."

He smiled at me. "You're not the only one thinking that. Thank you, Tia. For giving me a chance to be with you."

We met in the middle and kissed. It was...extraordinary.