The Auditions

B2UTY LOVE♡

Angela and YeJin held out the last note. It was graceful, but not as much as it was in the practices. With a worried glance, YeJin looked over at Angela. Angela had sensed it, too. Their song had finished. They both felt butterflies in their stomach.

Angela's POV

My last note . What happened? We practiced so hard! I could see YeJin frowning as she looked at the judges marking our scores. I stole a glance. I felt like all they were writing were 0's. I swear; If I fail this audition, I'm going to die. This is my 6th audition this year.

YeJin's POV

I tried to peek over the judge's arms blocking the scores. I couldn't see anything. My palms were sweaty and I exhaled. I realized I had been holding my breath. I was so nervous; I messed up our harmony. If Angela and me failed, this would all be my fault. The judges were discussing something and writing something that looked like circles. Maybe ovals. OH MY GOD! Are they writing ZEROS?! I'm sure we weren't THAT BAD! I held my breath as I waited for the last judge to write. Finally, a judge spoke.

"You may wait in the waiting room. We'll announce your name if you make it into the second round. Thanks for coming today."

Angela's POV

"Thanks for coming today." Those words rang in my head over and over. "Thanks for coming today." "Thanks for coming today." That meant we failed. She said "TODAY." Would that mean ONLY today?

No One's POV

Angela and YeJin sat in the waiting room, waiting for the rest of the contestants to go. After another half our, the line of auditioners finished. That meant it would only be another 15 minutes until the judges announced the winners. Angela sat there breathing in and out calmly. YeJin, on the other hand, was fidgeting with her hands.

*15 Minutes Later*

A judge came out with a sheet of paper. Just one sheet. There had been over a thousand auditioners and the woman only had one sheet.

YeJin's POV

I thought I might have had a heart attack when I saw the judge. There were over thousands of auditioners and the woman had one sheet of paper. One. There would be no way I made it in. Maybe Angela, but not me. I sat on the floor while waiting for the judge to call Angela's name. I was preparing. It would be okay if I didn't make it in. This was all Angela's idea anyway. I could cheer her from the sidelines.

But I couldn't. Even though I wasn't really into this at first, it meant my life to me now. I practiced everyday for hours. It felt like a waste if all that hope was just thrown away now.

"...Alice Park, Emily Kim, Crystal Lee, Hyuna Hwang, Stephanie Hong, John Lee, John Park, Daniel Kim, Christian Lim, Angela Hong, YeJin Kim, Madison Yi, Junsu Jung, JooHyun An, Jennifer Chong. Congratulations, you have made it into the second round. We hope to see you next week."

I didn't hear my name. There was an Alice and an Emily. I even heard Angela. But no me. But Angela grabbed me up and started twirling and dancing.

"WE MADE IT IN! OH MY GOSH WE MADE IT IN! GOD MUST LOVE US! WE MADE IT IN! WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET IN!" She was screaming on the top of her lungs. What did she mean...WE?! And now I remembered. After Angela had been MY NAME. YEJIN KIM. I started twirling with her and screaming.

Angela's POV

The judge came out. The butterflies from before rose again. What if I hadn't gotten chosen?

"Stop it. You. Are. ANGELA. Think confident," I thought to myself.

I sat up straighter than I had ever sat. My back ached after a while, but I didn't care. I NEEDED to hear my name. I practiced with YeJin for FOUR hours EVERYDAY for a MONTH. It had to pay off. I listened carefully. While I had been thinking to myself, the list had already been half read. WHAT IF I MISSED MY NAME?! I couldn't ask so I just listened for the judge to finish the other half. Maybe I would get lucky and hear my name. The judge continued to read. I peeked sideways and saw YeJin. She looked hopeless. I felt bad.

"Maybe if only one of us got chosen, we can support each other."

The judge had gotten past more names now. I stopped looking and stared at the judge. She was still looking down at her list. Still reading. 

"...Christian Lim, Angela Hong, YeJin Kim..."

I heard what I needed to hear. Forget all the other people!

She finished after AGES of other names. I stood up and grabbed YeJin and twirling her around. I didn't care if I looked like a freak. WE WERE INTO THE FINAL AUDITIONS! ONE MORE ROUND AND WE COULD BE TRAINEES IN CUBE! YeJin looked lost at first but I guess the realization hit her. We screamed of joy and ran out. WE. WERE. IN.