Chapter 1

Free Cake Anyone?

(A/N: Revised June 17, 2012: Enjoy! ^_^)

 

Taemin's POV

Where is that delicious smell coming from? I look up from my phone to see a girl running past me straight into my classroom. *RING* Guess I'm tardy~

*smack* "Mr. Lee get to class" said my math teacher. I smiled politely as I walked through the door. Once I sat down I noticed the smell again; man was I hungry.

Later~

*RING* Finally lunchtime! "Alright class don't forget about the homework on page. . ." I tuned out my teacher, I could get the homework pages from a classmate later. Right now all I was focusing on was my rumbling stomach. Sadly the lunchroom is quite a ways from my classroom. I turned left at the end of the hallway that my classroom is in then I walked down what feels like the longest hallway in the whole school. When I reached about halfway I smelt the same smell from this morning. I turned to my right I realized that I was standing in front of the home ec room. Sniffing the air more I came to the conclusion that the smell was none other than red velvet cake! My favorite in the whole world~ I looked up and down the hallway to see if anyone was approaching; it was already a good five minutes into lunch. Those who brought their lunches had stayed in the classroom or scampered to the cafeteria with their friends who were buying lunch. After making sure the coast outside was clear I poked my head into the home ec room to make sure no one was in there. I quietly stepped into the room and followed my nose to the top of one of the four stoves. Placed there to cool, I would assume, was a perfect batch of red velvet cupcakes! I had to restrain myself from squealing; I was so excited! I haven't had red velvet cake since my birthday when Key baked me a red velvet cake. After testing the cupcakes to make sure they weren't scorching hot I quickly coaxed one out of the pan. I then finished making my way down the hallway, eating the last of the cupcake right before entering the lunchroom. As I got in line I wiped my mouth of any potential crumbs then met up with my friends.

Miyoung's POV

I finished my lunch rather early since I can't wait to see how my red velvet cupcakes turned out! This was my practice batch before I introduced the recipe to the rest of the club. As I make my way into the home ec room the mouth- watering smell of the cupcakes reaches my nose. I turn making my way to the stove farthest away from the door only to find that one of the cupcakes is missing! I glance at the clock; I don't have much time before lunch ends and I need to be back in my classroom. I hurriedly grabbed a plate, put the remaining cupcakes on it, and placed the tin in the sink to wash later.

Back in the classroom~ the desks are in 4 rows all facing the board with 5 desks in each row. The classroom is on the first floor and had windows opposite the door. Starting with the row nearest the windows Miyoung sits in row 3 second desk with Taemin in row 4 (or the one closet to the door) in the forth desk.The teachers desk is in the front of rows 1 and 2, sort of in the corner.  

Taemin's POV

I stared at the clock willing it to go faster. Ughhh. So much time to kill. Currently my history teacher was going on a long rant and only the top student in my class was paying any attention to what he was saying. Unfortunately for me I couldn't take a nap since I'm already in trouble for be tardy this morning. I glance aroud the room to see what my classmates were doing. A few are playing rock, paper, scissors, others are listening to their mp3 players, and those closest to the window are looking out at the sky daydreaming. As I make my way to the ones sitting closer to the front I notice a girl, I think her name is Miyoung, muttering to herself and scribbling on what looks like a recipe card. I would know since I often watch Key cooking. I wonder what she's making.

*RING* End of school~

I snatched my notebook and pencil off my desk and headed to the door. Suddenly I got of whiff of my favorite smell~ CAKE! That's when I noticed Miyoung right in front of my. Maybe she's the one who made those cupcakes. "Taemin!" I hear Key call. I turn around and sure enough there's the gang- Minho, Key, and Jonghyun. We all exchange greetings then Key asked if I wanted to go grab some snacks. "Nah, I have dance practice today." Key nodded as Jonghyun and him left while Minho and I stayed and waved them goodbye. "Do you have much homework?" asked Minho, being the serious hyung he is. Uh-oh I forgot to get the homework pages from one of my classmates. "No not much I replied." "Good. See you after practice." I'm hungry; I should have taken two cupcakes earlier!

Later~

Miyoung's POV

The club was finally over. Not that I don't love cooking but I'm tired since I came in early today to cook the cupcakes. After class I rushed to the home ec room to make sure that no more cupcakes were stolen. Luckily the remaingin ones were still there, making it so there were just enough for all of the club members, except me, to taste one. All the members praised me and told me that the cupcakes were absolutely scrumptious! Then we all practiced making chocolate, espically my friend Hyojung since she plans to confess to a sunbae on Valentine's day. Once eveyone had baked and packaged their chocolates to take home I stayed behind to finish cleaning all the dishes we used for cooking. Once that was done I returned the dishes to their proper cabinets then grabbed my bag, ready to head home.

 

Taemin's POV

*Pant*pant*  Water~ "You okay Taemin?" I began to lift my head up but Minho crouched down to sit next to me on the floor instead. "Yeah I'm fine, just worked a little harder than usual today." A small simile danced onto Minho's face as he stood back up, grabbing my bag in the process. "If that's all then lets get going. It's almost 6 o'clock and Key probably has diner prepared." I nodded as Minho and I make our way through the halls and out the front door as we begin to walk home. It's awhile before I realize that Miyoung is walking in front of us; close enough that I can recognize her yet far enough away that she's out of ear shot. "Do you know her?" Minho asks, snapping me out of my trance. I didn't notice that I was staring, "She's in my class." And probably knows what the homework assignment is. . . "Isn't she the cooking club president?" Minho inquires. "I don't know. . . I'll ask her for you" I replied as I began to catch up with her. "Taemin!" Minho called. Sorry Minho I'm on a mission to get my homework pages adn mayber get another cupcake if she is the cooking club president.