Stage

A Way to a Dancer's Heart

 

                Jongwoon tries to be a dancer, he really does but it always ends up as a complete disaster. He tried different forms of dancing: ballet, hip hop, jazz, ballroom, etc. He tried everything but he still couldn’t do well and ends up failing miserably. Ballet was the worse dance he ever did that he made his coach quit on him.

 

                He sighs as he watches the group's performance inside the auditorium. He doesn’t like sulking but seeing them dance gracefully, popping in every beat of the song and swaying their bodies like it’s not that hard to do. He sighs once again as the group reaches the chorus and more dancing occurred. Not one of them misses a single beat. Their movements were so synchronized one wouldn’t have imagine they’re a group with different minds.

 

                Standing up, he gives the group one last glance before heading towards the door with a huge scowl on his face. He desperately wants to be a dancer but fate has its own way of ruining his dreams of becoming one.

 

                Why he wants to be a dancer? Because his long-time crush is one heck of a dancer. He’s part of the group he watched earlier. One of the dancers named Kyuhyun and it irked him to know that the only thing that could’ve been his ticket towards getting close to the man was the only thing he fails to do. He sighs again as he continues walking far away from the auditorium. Far away from the dream of having the chance to befriend the man of his dreams.

 

                Dancing isn’t his forte. It’s always been singing. Nobody knows of this talent though because he doesn’t like people hogging on him. The only attention he wants to attain is Kyuhyun’s and nobody else’s. He sits down by the tree and starts singing. He knows that by now, Kyuhyun’s group is done with their performance and as usual, they’ll get a lot of praises. He leaves early during performances because he gets jealous of the girls gaining Kyuhyun’s attention. He wants to experience that too but he’s a social outcast while the man of his dreams is a societal god. He’s heaven; Jongwoon is… a turtle by the sea?

 

                He looks up and adores the cloud rolling by. It looks peaceful and tranquil seeing the clouds basking in the warm light of the sun. Beautiful. The view in front of him is not however. There are girls wearing too short of skirts and thick make-ups and it makes him want to puke in their faces just for the heck of it. He sighs once more.

 

                A few minutes later, the girls ran towards the direction of the auditorium. Finally, tranquility. He looks up at the sky again and smiles. It’s a habit. He smiles at the sky like an idiot with no life and he doesn’t care because nobody sees it anyways. Or so he thinks.

 

                He looks around the area to check if there is someone near him. When he’s already sure that he’s alone, he takes a deep breath and starts singing. A beautiful warm melody perfect for a sunny day. Raspy voice which depicts gentleness and love—love for Kyuhyun. He continues singing as the birds sang along with him and the bamboos made wonderful melody harmonizing with his voice. He keeps singing, completely oblivious of the nearing footsteps approaching him. His singing continues with his eyes close. A small smile finds its way towards his face when he finishes the song, giving him the relief he needs.

 

                When he opens his eyes, however, the sight surprises him to the point of almost screaming if it isn’t for the hand that covers his mouth the moment he opens it. With wide eyes, he stares at his assaulter, still not believing what he’s actually seeing. There standing in front of him about three inches away from his face is the person his heart years for. Chocolate brown eyes stares at him back before a smile creeps its way on the dancer’s face.

 

                The dancer takes his hand away from Jongwoon’s mouth and with a smile he tells the surprised male what a great voice he has. He voices out how he envies Jongwoon for having such an amazing voice because that is his dream—to become a singer and stand on the same stage as the person he loves. It broke Jongwoon’s heart making him look down on the ground.

 

                Kyuhyun gives Jongwoon a white chocolate—his most favorite chocolate in the world. The latter accepts it eagerly and starts munching on it like a little kid that he is at heart. The dancer smiles at his companion and proceeds to sit down beside Jongwoon. The dancer’s next words stop the singer from eating. It manages to stop everything because not a sound is heard. Jongwoon even thinks that the world stop from rotating, so is his heart. He turns to look at the dancer’s eye who is eyeing him expectantly. Jongwoon gave a shy nod and lets himself be embraced by the man he longs for.

 

                “Would you stand on the stage with me?”
 

 

 

 

 


Finally! A drabble which didn't exceed the 1k mark! woohoo! And just so you guys know, I did this in less than an hour.