Name

Light - 'Yo' + Fire - 'Seob' = Ball Of Sunshine - Yoseob

The boy run as fast as he could and bump into many people as he reach the busy sidewalk.

The boy was so dirty and smelly. Anyone would know that he's a beggar. But he isn't.

He's actually from an ophanage. A bad one, he thinks.

The kids there bullied him. Probably because their noonas and-or unnies cared about the boy, the most.

Well they did. The 7 year old boy's parents left him in front of the gate in the orphanage and one lady saw the baby and just brought him inside.

They didn't name him though. They just called him 'Cutie'.

When kids usually play, he would join them, but get rejected or shoved away by them.

The other children called him bad names, since he doesn't have any.

So when he turned 7, an oppurtunity came and he grabs it, not looking back.

Some of the workers there probably left the gate unlocked, while the boy was still cleaning the lobby, he saw the gate unlocked and run for it.

He didn't grab his clothes and things. He just ran away.

Here he is now. On the big city of Seoul. Walking around aimlessly.

People look at him in pity but none help.

His clothes got dirty since he kept running. He's sweaty and smelly. Everyone looks like they wanted to avoid him.

He's an angel at first. He has dark black hair, pearly white teeth,glittery eyes and an angelic smile that would melt other's hearts.

A woman walk towards her and squated a little to the boy's eye-level.

She handed out a plastic and smile at the boy.

The boy was confuse and the said woman notice.

"Take it." She said still smiling at the little boy's reaction.

The boy slowly held out his hand and took the plastic.

He opens the plastic and it smelled food.

A big grin was plastered on his face, showing his yellowish teeth.

"Gomawo ahjjuma." the boy thanked and bowed.

The woman smiled again and took the boy's hand and placed a 40$ on his hand.

"Spend it wisely." the woman said and walk away.

The boy nodded and put the money inside his pocket.

He went in the tunnel where the subway station is and took a sit on the corner.

He opened the plastic and took the burger and the bottle of water.

He gobbled down the food and drinks the water.

He was full and eventually fall asleep on there.

 

________________

 

"Omma!" A kid screamed at his mom, that is not listening to his son.

"Waeyo, Junhyung?" Junhyung's mom ask.

"Can't we just go eat at our restaurant?" Junhyung asked his mom.

"But we still need to go to the subway station just to get there." His mom stated.

"Why did you even build a restaurant that's far away from our homg, anyway?" Junhyung mumbled, angry.

Honestly he just wants to ride the train.

Yes.That's the main reason and because his mom never brought him there before.

"That's why I have people there to take care of it, Junnie." His mom said.

"Tsk. You never even bought me to our own restaurant." He grumpily said.

His mother gave up and they went on the subway station.

Junhyung tried to hide his smile at succeeding. He does his victory dance in his head.

They got out of the train and walk to the exit of the subway station.

While walking there, Junhyung took a good look around and notice a boy was sleeping.

"Omma." Junhyung tugged his mother's hand.

"What now Junhyung?" His mom answered, slightly angry about his son but soon got worried when his son let go of her hand.

She noticed where Junhyung headed and went up to him.

"Jun.." She was about the call his son's name when she saw Junhyung looking at the sleeping boy.

"Omma. Why is he sleeping here?" Junhyung ask his mom and look at her.

His eyes full of pity.

And Junhyung just felt like he needed to take him home and ask his mom.

"Omma can we take him?" Junhyung ask.

He knows his mom loves children. Specially cute ones. She sometimes visited the orphanage with Junhyung's appa.

"Of course. Hold this Junhyung. I'll carry him." His mom ordered.

Junhyung nodded and took his mom's bag and the plastic which has his new headphones inside.

Junhyung's omma slowly carried the boy and carefully not to wake him up. And she did it.

 

They arrived at the restaurant and Junhyung opened the door.

He didn't look at the restaurant now and just focused on the little boy on his omma's arms.

The restaurant was close so Junhyung's omma brings out the key from her pants pocket..

Junhyung put the things down and stayed while his mom headed to the second floor.

The second floor has a bed in it.

The restaurant usually hold parties like hangovers or sometimes sleep overs.

It was actually specialize for teens.

Junhyung's mom put him down on the bed and covered him with a blanket and went downstairs.

Junhyung heard foortsteps on the staircase and look up.

"I'll cook something for us to eat." His mom said and headed to the kitchen.

 

______________

 

"Soft." The boy mumbled.

He touches the bed and slowly open an eye.

"Where am I?" He ask himself and look at his surroundings.

"Hey! You're awake!" He heard a voice and quickly turn around.

It's a boy.

"Who are you?" The confuse boy ask.

"I'm Yong Junhyung." Junhung politely introduced himself and held out a hand for the boy to shake.

"What's your name?" Junhyung ask after the boy shake his hands.

"How did I get here?" The boy ask, avoiding Junhyung's question.

"I saw you at the subway station and me and my mom help you." He answered.

"Oh." The boy said and stand up.

"Where are you going?" Junhyung ask.

"Is there any bathroom here?" The boy ask and look at Junhyung.

Junhyung only pointed at a door and the boy rushes to it.

Junhyung chuckled.

Junhyung went down to see his appa with a car.

"Appa!" Junhyung greeted his father and told his appa about the boy.

"Dear." Junhyung's mom called to his husband.

"Yes?"

"You wouldn't mind if we take him, would you?" She ask his husband, little too worried.

Junhyung's appa look remembered how Junhyung was so happy telling him about the boy.

He smiled and said, "It would be great. Our son will have a friend. the more the merrier, right?"

She only smiled grateful at her husband.

They went home on a car and the boy was more amazed at the news.

He'll have a family! Finally. and its a good one.

"Little boy, what's your name?" Junhyung's father ask. Junhyung and his mom look at him.

The boy only shrug. And after that the whole car ride was silent.

When they got out of the car, the boy was amazed at the big house.

He'll be living there!

"Junhyung. show your little brother his soon-to-be-room." Junhung's mom yelled.

Junhyung grab the boy's hand and went upstairs.

He opened the guest room.

"Since this is too sudden. We haven't really started decorating your room, so you're going to sleep with me." Junhyung explained after showing his little brother the plain room.

The younger one only nodded.

Junhyung brought his dongsaeng on his room and told him to take a bath first.

He pick some of his clothes and laid them on his bed so his dongsaeng would know what to wear.

When the boy was done taking a bath. He got out of the bathroom and look at the bed.

He saw some clothes and wear it but Junhyung was nowhere to be found.

He was about to open the door when Junhyung opened it.

"Oh sorry if I shock you. Mom said you should eat first since you haven't eaten yet after your long sleep." Junhyung said and guided his little brother down.

The boy now look like a cute angel.

He's clean. He's pearly white teeth is visible again, his black hair nicely combed. His smell like the soap he used.

After the little boy ate his food he thanked his step-mom for the delicious food and everything.

He went to the backyard. He doesn't know how he got there but he just keep on walking and look at his surroundings.

He was going to turn around and leave when he spotted a figure.

It's his hyung.

He ran to him and took a sit beside his hyung.

"Did you have amnesia? have you gotten to an accident?" Junhyung suddenly ask and look at the little boy.

The boy was confuse and shook his head.

"Then why don't you know your name? People have names, you know." Junhyung stated.

"But I don't." The boy said making his hyung gasped in surprised and the boy told his hyung the whole story.

"So...You're know as 'Cutie'? and you left the orphanage?" Junhyung ask again.

The cute boy nodded.

"Then I'll name you instead." Junhyung exclaimed and the boy look at him wide-eyed.

"I'll name you Yoseob." Junhyung proudly said.

"From now on your name is Yong Yoseob!" Junhyung stood up and slightly yell the boy's name.

"Why Yoseob, hyung?" The boy, now named Yoseob ask.

"Because, 'Yo' means light and 'Seob' means fire."Junhyung explained. Yoseob only look at his hyung confused.

"If you combined them together it creates a sun. When I first met you on the subway station, although you're dirty. You look cute when you smile. And I have a feeling of bringing you home so I ask omma. and now here is where you are." Junhyung explained once again.

"Sun? So in other words. I brighten up your day? Am I right hyung?" Yoseob ask.

"Yes Yoseob. You are right." Junhyung said.

He help Yoseob stand up and look at Yoseob's eyes.

"I love my name, hyung." Yoseob ask grinning like a fool.

"Well, you're my ball of sunshine alright." Junhyung responded.

He took Yoseob's hand and they walk inside the house.

"Omma! He's name is Yoseob!" Junhyung screamed.

"Finally! I have a name! a good and a meaningful one."

 

_____________________________________________________

Done!!

Took me a long time to write but its worth it.

Hope you like it!