The beginning

Blue Crossroad

“Yoona..! Eunhyuk and kyuhyun are already here, honey!” Mrs. Im shouted from downstairs. “Yes mom!! I’ll be there in 5 minutes.” Yoona shouted back.

 

Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun are looking at each other.

“How long is that again?” Kyuhyun asked the skinny boy beside him.

Eunhyuk’s forehead creased, “Um, around 20 minutes in a normal time.”

Kyuhyun stared at his watch and then tapped on Eunhyuk’s shoulder lightly, “Be ready for another detention. We’re 10 minutes behind.”

Eunhyuk pouted, “I told you to come 15 minutes earlier. But you won’t listen! I won’t go with you guys again next time!”

 

Mrs. Im chuckled when she heard that conversation. It’s been a week since they were arguing about them being late. Well, it’s inevitable, Yoona is in her puberty age, she’s 15 years old. Recently she just started to notice about her looks. She started to wear a lip gloss and learned how to do a make-up and all the girls stuff.

 

 

“Why your lips looked so wet?” Eunhyuk asked innocently. That was his first reaction, seeing Yoona wore a lip gloss.

“Yeah, and what’s with your cheeks?” Kyuhyun added, “It looks reddish. I guess the weather is not really that hot.”

Yoona pouted, “Am I looked weird?” she asked while looking at herself in the mirror.

“That’s an understatement. You’re the forever weird Im Yoona.” Kyuhyun smirked.

After hearing the response from her kyuhyun and eunhyuk, Yoona’s eyes were a little bit teary. “I don’t want to go to school then. You guys just leave.” Yoona said with a frown upon her beautiful face. She turned her body and run to her room and locked herself there.

“Uh-oh dude, we’re in trouble.” Eunhyuk sang his words in confusion.

Because of that, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun also skipped their school. They’re spending their time, apologizing to Yoona and asked her to unlock her room. Yoona finally opened her room after Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun promised her to buy her a rillakuma doll.

 

 

As Eunhyuk predicted, Yoona just appeared before them 20 minutes later. “Let’s go!” She pulled her two best friends while saying goodbye to her mom.

 

 

Yoona, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun are best of friend since they were a kid. They are living in a same neighborhood. They went to the same school, mostly attend the same class. They are always together. Well, actually Eunhyuk is the oldest and Yoona is the youngest. Eunhyuk now is 17 years old, Kyuhyun 16 years old, and Yoona 15 years old. But being the oldest doesn’t always mean an advantage. Well, at least for Eunhyuk. Yoona and Kyuhyun are a prankster. The evil of all the devils. Yoona and Kyuhyun are the bully, and Eunhyuk, of course, the poor victim.

 

 

“Did you just eat the seeds?” Kyuhyun asked in horror.

Eunhyuk nodded hesitantly after seeing Kyuhyun’s face, “Yes. Why?”

“You shouldn’t do that, hyukkie!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, “Mom said, we can’t eat any seeds from any fruits!”

Yoona, who previously busy with her rillakuma doll, started to notice something. And yoona knew that kyuhyun was playing a trick on eunhyuk again. So she started join the boys and following kyuhyun’s scenario.

“What’s wrong?” Yoona pretended to ask.

“He ate the orange seeds!” Kyuhyun’s exaggerating his tone and words.

Yoona turned her head to Eunhyuk in disbelief, “Omo! You ate it? You shouldn’t do that, hyukkie~ah…” Yoona bit her lip, worried was stated on her face.

“W…why? What will happen?” Eunhyuk stuttered his words.

Yoona’s face turned into serious expression. She asked Eunhyuk to lean closer to her and then whispered to him, “My cousin, Yuri, once accidentally ate orange’s seeds to. Guess what happen?” Yoona paused for awhile, “A stem was growing out of her belly button. It was a stem from an orange tree…”

Eunhyuk whimpered. He’s imagining himself became an orange tree. Then all of a sudden he’s crying. “I don’t want to become an orange tree!! I DON’T WANNA BECOME AN ORANGE TREE...!!!!” then he ran to his mom. Yoona and Kyuhyun ended up got scolded by Eunhyuk’s mom. But that didn’t stop them. They keep bullying him even until now.

 

 

Eunhyuk is an innocent boy. People said there’s a thin line between an innocent and being a dumb. And Eunhyuk is somewhere in between.

 

As expected, Yoona, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk got another detention. They were late at first subject. Mr. Lee Sooman is someone who is really strict and discipline. He wouldn’t tolerate any excuse for any late students. Fortunately, he won’t give a physical punishment, instead, he’ll just played an educational movie and asked them to make a paper based on that.

“Hyukkie, jina’s been staring at you.” Yoona elbowed Eunhyuk who has been eating his lunch. Eunhyuk lifted his head and unconsciously followed Yoona’s gaze to someone who sits 3 tables away from them. But apparently, jina’s nowhere to be found, then he realized, Yoona just being a troll.

Yoona and Kyuhyun are high five-ing together.

Eunhyuk scoffed, he puffed his cheeks while stuffing it with his strawberry pancakes, “Grow up, can’t you?”

Yoona giggled, “Don’t be mad, hyukkie. You know that we love you.”

“Yes hyukkie, we love you~~!” Kyuhyun sang his words then landed a soft peck on hyuk’s cheek.

Eunhyuk immediately pushed Kyuhyun away, “Yaaa…. Cho Kyuhyun!! What are you doing? Go away..!!”

“Why? Don’t you love me too?” teased Kyuhyun with a fake frown face.

Eunhyuk sighed, “Why am I surrounded by weird people?”

Yoona laughed watching her beloved dorky friend’s quarrel. They’re always like that. Teasing or bullying one another but then made it up with silly things. She felt blessed for having them as a friend.

People said, man and woman can’t be friend. One of them must be fell for another. Well, somehow she thinks, that’s true. It’s been awhile since she kept this secret feeling to one of them. But she doesn’t want to show it. She already contented just being like this. She doesn’t want to ruin their beautiful friendship. They’ve been a best friend since forever. Maybe, ever since they were an infant.

“Yoona~yaa.. come here, join us for a sec!” A shout was snapped Yoona’s mind back to reality.

She turned her head and found Siwon’s waving at her. Yoona smiled and waved back. “I’ll be back in awhile. Don’t touch my food. Okay?” Yoona gave Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun a warning before she joined Siwon’s table.

Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun nodded nonchalantly.

 

 

“Do you think he likes her?”

“And by he you mean….?”

“Siwon.” Eunhyuk pointed to Siwon’s table with his chin.

Kyuhyun darted his gaze to siwon who has been laughing with Yoona and his friends. He shrugged, “Maybe… Since yoona is a pretty girl…” Kyuhyun clears his throat when he realized he blurted out the word pretty, “I mean, you know…”

But it’s too late, Eunhyuk already heard that.

 

 

“Kyuhyun~ah…”

Kyuhyun just hummed as the response.

“What if….” Eunhyuk paused his words, “hmmm.. what if… we…” eunhyuk then started to regret why he should bring that topic up. But he realized, it’s too late. He exhaled, “What if both of us fell in love with the same girl?”

There’s a long pause between them. They already knew which girl that Eunhyuk was talking about. After all this time, they both knew it, what’s on each other’s mind. But they never dared to talk about it. Some things are better left unknown.

 

 

 

“It’s a tough question, dude. I don’t know… but one thing for sure…” Kyuhyun let out a long sigh, “It’ll hurt one of us.”

 

 

 

They both lost in silence again.

“But I guess, we have to let the girl to choose between us. And no matter how hard it is, we have to accept it.” Kyuhyun shifted his gaze to Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk nodded slowly, “Yeah, I guess so.”

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk immediately neutralized their expression when they saw Yoona’s coming back. And at the same time, the bell as a signal for the next class’s ringing.

 

“Omo! I haven’t finished my pancakes yet!” Yoona shouted in panic. “Yaa.. wait for me, okay? Give me 10 minutes!”

Eunhyuk snorted, “And got another detention with you? No. I’ll go first!” Eunhyuk stood up from his seat.

“Me too.” Kyuhyun followed him.

“Yaaa…!!” Yoona protested. She shoved a large amount of pancakes to . She immediately grabbed a tissue and put a half pancakes on it. “Auntyyy… I borrow the glass, I’ll return it later. I’m lateee…!” Yoona screamed to the owner of the glass that Yoona took.

The owner just shook her head in disbelief. But she let Yoona took it since she already knew Yoona.

 

 

“Yaa… kyuhyunniee… eunhyukkieee… waaiiittt!!!” Yoona tried to catch up with their steps.

 

 

 

..................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

 

*What will happen next? Actually I already made a plot for the next sequel. But… I always have a writer’s block. Does anyone wants to do a collab fic with me? LOL xD