Cover In Korean BBQ

Jay Park One Shots

“Can you believe that we’re here!!!! AGAIN!!!!”

                My best friend Erica and I had just stepped off the train and we were both twirling like idiots in Grand Central Train Station. There was just something about New York City that made me feel even more…alive. And the fact that I was here again…to see a concert…a KPOP CONCERT made it even better.

“I am so glad we live 2hrs away! Can you believe that we’re going to see JAY FREAKING PARK!” Erica squealed.

We linked up arm in arm and practically skipped out into the buzzing streets of Manhattan. It wasn’t our first time to the city, but coming from a small town it just added excitement. Not to mention seeing one of the finest men on the planet get up on stage and perform had something to do with it. We both felt that Jay Park was fabulous and we were going to see him…tonight at 7pm. After walking around the city for a bit we ducked into a Starbucks. We took off our light coats and placed them on the back of our chairs before one of us ordering our iced lattes. I got up to get them but I took my iPod taking full advantage of the free Wi-Fi tweeting about the littlest things, hash-tagging Jay Park.  When I got to the counter and placed my order I stepped to the side to wait. A bright green signature was gleaming in the glass jar with other business cards. I reached into the jar and pulled it out not believing my eyes. It was signed by Jay Park! I began screaming and squealing immediately as I inspected the card; I was beginning to get stares and glares from the random customers but I didn’t care.

“Miss! You're coffee!” The barista snapped at me.

“Oh! Sorry!” I apologized before rushing back to Erica. “LOOK AT THIS!!!”

                She inspected the card before having a fit of her own. The assistant manager had begun walking over to us.

“Ladies…if you cannot control yourselves, I must ask you to leave” The manager said curtly.

“That’s totally okay!” I squealed grabbing my coat and coffee.

“We’re used to it!” Erica smiled. “But this is the very reason why we go to Panera!”

                We found a park bench not to far from Rockefeller Center and chatted happily about finding his card.

“Where should we go now?” I asked throwing away my empty cup. We had been sitting for over an hour just watching the pigeons and people pass us by.

“Duet 51!” Erica said brilliantly.

                Duet 51 was this karaoke bar in the center of Korea Town in Manhattan. It was medium sized with varying rooms throughout the building with plush leather cushions and flat screen T.V.s. After an hour or two of singing off key in Korean, we went to the counter to pay for our session. Another green signature card was shimmering in the business card bowl. Erica reached in this time and grabbed it, marveling at the swift and elegant signature of Jay Park. We squealed and jumped excitedly before leaving the building.

“Should we get food? Or should we wait?” Erica asked me as we were walking down the steps that led to the street.

“I’m actually kind of hungry…let’s get BBQ” I said excitedly pointing to a nearby restaurant on the same street.

                The two of us glided down the street feeling the time pass as our excitement grew. A lady at the counter bowed to us before leading us to a small cooking station. I began settling in noticing a couple of cute guys preparing to order, but when I looked to Erica she only had eyes for one…Jay Park.

 There he was…humble and modest not drawing any extra attention to himself. I was trembling…no, shaking and my hands had begun in the familiar fan-girling circles that I had become accustomed too. I completely lost myself…I shot out of my seat and began singing Abandoned.

NIGA TTEONAN NAL!!!!”

“Jennifer shut the hell up” Erica hissed at me tugging on my arm to sit down. “NEON NAPPEUN YEO JAYA NAL DUGO NEON EODIRO GA-”

“ABANDONED!” I sang louder. “ABANDONED….ABANDONED!!!”

                He looked at us in disbelief tugging his baseball cap a little lower below his eyes, but he was smiling so big he couldn’t hide it. Our breathing was off…we were two paper bags away from hyperventilating. We eventually stopped singing the song, and we began apologizing immediately to the other customers. Another manager was coming over, and before we had even ordered we were gathering our stuff preparing to leave. As soon as we got outside we began fan-girling even more. We were dancing in a circle when the doors of the restaurant swung out and Jay Park was grinning at us. I don’t know about Erica, but I was embarrassed. Shame was washing over me and I had nothing to say except for constant apologies and I love you’s.

“I take it you guys are coming to my show tonight?” He guessed easily.

                We nodded silently afraid of exploding. He smirked. Oh man that smirk!

“Well I really appreciate it…so if you guys have something I can sign I’d be happy too.”

“Signed…sealed…delivered…I’m yours” I sang easily and he just chuckled.

                We had him sign our print out tickets and he took a few photos with us which we immediately uploaded to twitter. He smiled and disappeared into the crowd; it took everything for Erica and I not to follow him.