Wish

13 days. [Entry for Little Black Cat on a Windowsill Writing Contest]

Sunday, 1st July 2012

(HyunA POV)

                I gazed at his flawless face for the umpteenth time. He is too perfect, too flawless even when he just woke up with a messy bed hair. *sighs* But I’m just a normal girl next door. Yet, I fell in love with him at the first sight. Since he moved in next door last week and invited me over for a house warming party.

            “Miss, your pot is flooded already…” He, my prince charming smile and pointed to the pot of bonsai that I was flooding watering. I smiled sheepishly and blushed, he smiled at my response. I felt tongue-tied when he is with me. How can I confess to him that, I like him?

            A cat walked pass him, he squatted down and mewed. The cat came to him almost immediately, and brushed its body against his. At the moment I wished so much that I was the cat.

            I said to myself, “Hyun-A, you MUST have HIM.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 2nd July 2012

(HyunA POV)

            I set off for the address my cousin sister gave me few months ago, according to her the lady living there can help me with my wish. After driving and searching for the shop lot for almost two hours, I found it. It’s located quite far away from the bustling city and very isolated. The clouds turn grey like they were about to cry. Thunder roared from afar as if warning me.

 Some raindrops splattered down around me as I got out of the car. The neon lights around th sign board flickered as if not willing to joined those that already died out. I shivered as a gust of cold wind whipped around me. Lightning flashed and the raindrops became bigger splashing around me.

I ran into the shop without thinking much to take shelter. Bells jingled above me, echoing through the almost empty shop. I looked around for someone that  can help me, but there is no one in sight. The shop is full of black things. I almost screamed as I came face to face with a black skeleton. 

“It’s fake, it’s fake it’s fake. Not a real skeleton.” I calmed myself, inhaling deeply. I nearly had a heart attack when a voice cackled behind me.

“You can’t be sure of things inside this shop. Young lady, you came at last.” An old women smiled revealing her few tooth at me.

“How you know?” I smiled back being polite.

“I know a lot of things. Now sign here and your desired love will come to you.” She pointed at an old leather bound book with yellowish paper and faded inklings on a stand. I scrunched up my face.

“What’s this for? Customer record?” I asked hovering the quill’s feather above the paper.

“It’s for your future. For you.” She encouraged. I signed hesitantly. Not really  paying attention until there was a sharp pain at my fingertip. The papercut wound start to bleed, dripping a drop of blood in the book. Old lady snapped the book shut and smiled at me again.

“That’s it young lady, in ten days you are going to get what you want. Thank you for coming. Have a nice day.” And she disappeared.

I went home with a strange feeling tugging my guts. I just hope everything will be alright.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday 3rd July.

 (Hyun-A POV)

            I found a black cat sleeping on the couch in the living room this morning. It didn’t bulge as I poked it’s sides, instead, it purred cuddly. The cat has sleek black fur and blue eyes. There’s no collar attached to it, so it will stay with me I guess. Suddenly, it jumped out the window and landed perfectly on Hyunseong’s house windowsill.

            I gasped fearing it might cause havoc there. I ran over as fast as I could.

(Hyunseong POV)

I cuddled the black cat that just leaped in to my living room. It purred, soft vibrations vibrated through my palms. Suddenly, there was an urgent knocking at the door.

“Sorry, sir. Have you seen a jet black cat? It has jumped over to your house through the window, I think??” HyunA face was faint pink, and she was pouting! I fell in love that moment…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 4th July

(Hyunseong POV)

            Today, I confessed to HyunA. I bought a bouquet of roses and asked her if she would like to go to the Han River together with me. She blushed and nodded. Dare not to look me in the eye. It was a slow romantic stroll. Before she went home, I asked her to be my official girlfriend and pecked her forehead.

 (HyunA POV)

            I came home from the date all exhausted. He treated me so well, but I fell something is wrong. All these progress happen so fast. I have a weird felling someone is staring at me. I turned around and saw the black cat on my couch, hissing at me.

            This frightens me. Why is it hissing? Suddenly, it pounced on me scratching my arm, leaving a rather deep gash in the process. It looked at me and the blood oozing out. I dare not move, this is really weird. Blood eating cat? I don’t like the goose bumps it gives me.

            Then, it left after the wound clean. I went to clean up in case it does carry some germs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------