Beginning

Crossed Paths

 

-6yrs ago-
 
"When we grow up, let's get married hyukkie."
"--ae..."
"let's--"
--y? 
"ok hyukkie?"
"Hyukjae? O! Thank God you finally woke up." says a man named Yunho.
"Hy...ung?" *looks around* "where?" 
"We're at the hospital Hyung. How are you feeling?" answers Changmin who's standing next to Yunho.
"I..." *cough* 
"Hyukjae?! Oi?! 
*cough* *cough*
Blood?! Changmin call the doctor"
"Ye-yes."
"No... You don't have to." *cough* *cough*
"What do you mean "no"? You're coughing blood again!" Yunho says angrily.
"But... I can--"
"Oi--"
"Hyun..."
"--jae!"
.
.
.
.
 
-6 yrs later-
 
Day 1
*sound of door opening and closing*
"Good afternoon, hyung!" says Changmin who greets Hyukjae with a big smile on his face.
"Good afternoon too, Changmin" who greets the young man with his gummy smile.
"Oppa, are you sick? You look pale." asks Tiffany worriedly.
"No, I'm fine. It's just lack of sleep." answeres Hyukjae.
"Are you sure?" asks Yunho who's carrying sacks of rice.
"Really, I'm fine." answeres hyukjae with assurance.
"Well, if it's like that... All of you get back to work!" orders Jaejoong who's face is pale as snow.
 
*Hyukjae's POV*
Since that incident, making them all worried about me is the only thing I don't want them to do. That's why saying "I'm fine, don't worry, etc." and putting a mask on my face has already been my daily routine in life. 
 
"Excuse me."
"Yes ma'am?"
"Can we have our bill?"
"yes, pls wait a moment."
"Excuse me, ma'am. Here is your bill."
"Thank you."
 
*Hyukjae's POV*
Though I would be lying if a said I'm not tired of doing the same thing almost everyday. But for them I'll endure it until that day comes... 
 
"Alright! Everyone thank you for your hardwork! See you guys tomorrow and be careful ok?" Says Jaejoong to his co-workers.
"We will, and be careful too." answer in unison.
 
-Some place in Seoul-
 
"Why?! Tomorrow is the last time we will meet!" shouts the woman angrily.
*sound of objects being thrown*
"I'm sorry, baby. I really can't go with you tomorrow." pleads the man.
"Can't you just let the others go and meet Mr. Choi?! I'll go back to New York the day after tomorrow and who knows when I'll be back again." says the woman who is about to cry.
"I'm sorry... it's just this proposal is really important and--" 
"You're always like that Hae! When we finally have the time together you would always back out at the last minute!"
"It's not like that... I'm also sad that we can't be together tomorrow but this proposal is really important."
"More important then me?" who starts crying
"Wait, like I said it's not like that. Pls... don't cry, Yoona."
"No. I give up. Just go wherever you want to go and meet whoever you want to meet."
*sound of opening and closing*
"Damn! Why is it always like this?!"
*sound of books falling*
"It's because you always go your way of doing things even though we can do it." says a man.
"But Teukie-hyung, this proposal is very important. If we fail our company will deal a big damage that's why I should be the one to do it." says Donghae irritably.
"OK, fine. Here is the place where you will meet Mr. Choi. Remember don't be late." 
"Thank you. I'll go home first so I could prepare tomorrows talk."
"Sure. Be careful and again, DON"T BE LATE."
"Yeah... I know, I know."
 
Day 2
"So... this is the place." says Donghae with amaze.
*door opening and closing*
"Welcome, sir. For how many--" while Taemin is welcoming the customer a certain voice cut him.
"Over here, Mr. Lee." says the man.
"So you're his companion. I'm sorry, I'll take you to his seat, sir." says Taemin apologetically.
"No, no. Don't be sorry it's cool and I can go there on my own. Thank you." says Donghae giving the young man a sweet smile.
 
"Good morning, Mr. Choi." 
"Good morning too, Mr. Lee. Just call me Siwon."
"Sure then Siwon you can call me Donghae." 
"OK then Donghae While we talk about the proposal, can we order some food?"
"Fine with me."
 
-Meanwhile at the kitchen-
 
"Hyukkie, can you pls get the order of table 12? Our hands are full at the moment." asks Yunho.
"It's OK, hyung." answeres Hyukjae.
"Thank you."
 
*walks out of the kitchen*
 
-On the table-
 
"What would you like Donghae?"
"hmm... I can't decide. I want them all but... let me think. You order first."
"Excuse me sirs, may I take your order?"
"Sure, I would like a Set A platter pls."
"Then can I have..." Donghae as he took a glance at the waiter made his whole mind blank.  
 
*Hyukjae's POV*
sigh... After yesterday's thinking, I feel like I'm a replay button. Like playing the same song over and onver again. How I wish I could just move on, change my atitude and be true o myself and to them... If he was here, I'm sure I can do it. If only he didn't left me at that time... if only I...
 
"Hyukkie...?" 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That ends Chapter 1. 
I hope you like. Though... I can feel it was not good. TT^TT
Comments, suggestions, and criticisms are really appreciated. Thank you for reading it..^^