Chapter 1

Crescendo
A girl around the age of nineteen walked along a polished and seemingly endless corridor with no real purpose other than to distance herself away from her fellow classmates. As she walked along quite at ease, though a bit lonely, she heard a soft, melodic sound coming from a sleek black door a few meters ahead. Curious, she opened the door and was welcomed by a large room filled with what seemed like a million green velvet seats all lined up in a circular manner to accommodate the shape of the room. At the bottom  there was a wide stage filled with every musical instrument she could think of and a few props from old plays that the drama teacher had refused to throw away. At first glance there seemed to be no one in the room but the harmonious sound was definitely coming from this room. She was just about to give up and go back to wandering around aimlessly when she saw him. Hidden by the dark shadows the lack lighting produced he sat  behind a large grand piano, only at certain angle could anyone see him. She found herself walking down an aisle of stairs that led down towards the stage. The boy did not seem to notice her come and carried on playing his graceful melody without a care in the world, as his fingers moved confidently from one key to another creating a bittersweet melody. The girl sat down in one of the chairs a good distance away from where he sat. She stared at him in awe, she had never played the piano but she could tell this was a very complex piece. As he ended the song with grace he turned around and looked directly at her with his light brown eyes.
"I'm glad to see someone likes my music... or perhaps you're just mesmerized by good looks? Either way, I'm flattered." He said with a cocky grin.

"You knew I was here?" She asked in surprise
"Of course I did. I could feel you staring at me the whole time." He said with a smirk. "So what brings you here to our lovely school theater? And please don't say drama practice, I know for a fact that there are no more shows until next year"

"I heard you playing and... well, I wanted hear the rest." She said truthfully.
"I'm flattered, I really am."
"You should be." She said.
He grinned again before facing the piano and began to play another piece that had a more cheerful tune than the last. She simply sat and listened to him play. It was quite relaxing and she found herself humming along to the song after a while.

A loud, obnoxious ring interrupted him in the middle of a song. Both of them sighed and stood up preparing to leave for their next classes.
" I'll see you around, I guess..." she said and gave an awkward wave.
"It was pleasure playing for you." He replied with a smirk
They stood there for a few moments both not knowing what else to say.
"Well, see you." She said before hurrying off to class with a small smile on her face. Though he may not know it the boy was her first real conversation she had with someone her own age in quite awhile. It felt nice to talk to someone who didn't treat her as if she was the bane of their  existence