Ur Sweet Lies - Part 1

Ur Sweet Lies [twoshot]

Part 1

************

 

'Your Sweet Lies'

 

 

 

I could tell anything about him.

From the way he looks, to his personality, and ending with his family

He is my best kept secret, My greatest mistake, My favourite indulgence, My biggest fear

If you asked me if I love him,

I'd lie and say I never cared.

But this time with all my courage, I’ll try to say the truth.

 

========

 

“I like you”

“What did you say??"

 Thump-thump...

No, he couldn’t repeat it again...The flustered boy squeeze his eyes shut, fist tightly clenched from nervousness, his heart ramming fast on his chest as if it was about to escape on his rib cage. The strain pressure is suffocating him.

“Myung...”

Then he snapped, “Just...Just forget what I'd said. Forget everything!!!” he ran away as quickly as his feet could take him. He just couldn’t do it, not like this. He run and run not caring about the stunned confuse boy.

==

 

I was such a coward.

Away from human being, to those nosy idiots he calls friends; Myungsoo lay down on the grass outside their school. He lay there, shifting and rolling around like a sick puppy contemplating his feelings for his ‘lab’ partner.

If you didn’t know, he had a classmate name Lee Sungyeol – his annoyingly cute classmate, his noisy entertaining seatmate and to make it more difficult, he is his lab partner. His right hand man to destruction and the one responsible for his failing grade in chemistry.

Things happen so fast that even Myungsoo didn’t notice how or when he ended up liking Sungyeol. He doesn’t have the faintest idea why he couldn’t afford to leave the childish boy.

They weren’t even close – scratch that – Myungsoo even thinks that Sungyeol doesn’t know his surname or that he was older than him.

Sungyeol just do things his way. He would always follow Myungsoo like a good pet he was and even when Myungsoo would constantly ignore him, Sungyeol still talks and blab about nonsense such as his endless whining about the glory of coffee, his forever seeking of attention and that cute pouting face of him that eventually grew on Myungsoo.

His image keeps replaying in Myungsoo’s head as if it was a broken record that never ends.

Without much choice, Myungsoo spend his school days with Sungyeol, being partners in crime even if Myungsoo was found innocent in everything. Sungyeol, being the curious kid, would drag the poor Myungsoo where trouble can be found. He laughs and grins while Myungsoo has to put up with everything and sigh.

Fate must’ve hated Myungsoo since he was stuck with Sungyeol even how much it annoys the hell out of him and that he thought he would lose all his hair from continuously clutching it. Why does he allow him to do these things to him anyway?

Sungyeol is so unpredictable that if you left him unattended, he will do something that could lead to destruction. Everyone around him had suffered and tasted his evil prank including Myungsoo. But that didn’t stop them from loving the playful choding and maybe that was the answer to his question.

He has this own set of charms that makes you attracted to him and fell into his trap.

Each day that pass, Myungsoo unknowingly becomes fond of the childish boy. He loves the way Sungyeol would constantly smiles at him and would always tell him his cute little secrets. Though Myungsoo would always pretend he didn’t hear a thing, he was actually feeling tingling inside and smiling his heart out.

If Myungsoo wasn’t such a clueless person, he might realise that this is how he initially fell into the hands of Lee Sungyeol.

But Myungsoo was known for his stubbornness. He had this unyielding cold looking facade that no one can break or enter. He had this dark aura that surrounds him that makes other people stay away and just admire him from a distance. He acts as cool as ice and sometimes he just ignores everyone’s presence – or talk about always.

No one knows that Kim Myungsoo has actually feelings and real emotions. Not one can tell that everything they see on the outside is a lie. He perfectly covered everything with his handsome poker face.

He was fine that way, keeping his feelings as a secret and masked himself with lies. He was okay until his friend Dongjun told him that he likes Sungyeol too. That triggered his heart.

When Dongjun breaks him that news, Myungsoo didn’t even give a about covering his shock, angry looks. Everything just went red and the air around him turns colder.

Somehow, Myungsoo can’t really control his emotion, his jealousy overpowering and it angered him thinking about the one he loves in the arms of another guy – in the arms of the person he called friend. He wanted Sungyeol for himself. Since he was young, he tends to be very possessive and Sungyeol wasn’t an exception.

So before Dongjun could steal him away, he tried to confess to Sungyeol. But it didn’t turn out as he planned. He acted too irrational, damn nervous and eventually ends up regretting everything. He even left the confuse Sungyeol on the spot.

 

“How can confessing be this difficult?” Myungsoo grunted covering his face with his arms away from the binding light. Now, he was sulking and doesn't have the guts to look at Sungyeol. He was staring at the sky thinking of the ginger haired boy.

“Now what?” he questioned himself.

“I can even see his face in the sky looking down at me” Myungsoo whispered, closing his eyes again. 'It's his fault for being too adorable and irresistible’ he sighed and flick his eyes open, only to find the image of his love one, so clear and vivid.

“I can still see Sungyeol from here” Myungsoo muttered, raising his hands to the air trying to grasp the figure. But something caught his eyes.

“Why is he crying?” Myungsoo noticed the sad swollen face of Sungyeol. This was odd, nothing can make the hyper active Sungyeol sad except coffee, but this kind of expression is different as if the world had run out of coffee bean.

Myungsoo sat up and rubs his eyes. “Sungyeol?” his eyes narrowed, staring up on their school building when he realise what he was seeing is real, is ing real, his jaw nearly dropped in shock.

“What the ?!!” Myungsoo shrieked looking at Sungyeol seating on the slide windows on the second floor with his feet splaying down.

“What is he doing there?” Myungsoo straightened up as he gasped. 'He might get hurt or worst fall from there!'

Panicked, he called out to him “Sungyeol!!! Yah Lee Sungyeol!!”

The ginger haired boy looked down to him with his watery eyes before shutting his eyelids closed. He took a deep breath and then the worst nightmare of Myungsoo came to his sight.

Sungyeol jump off from the window.

Myungsoo felt his blood went cold. He was frozen in shock for a brief second before he gain the necessary strength to snap back to reality and came to his senses.

“What-what the hell?!!! Lee Sungyeol!!!!” He yelled from the bottom of his heart as he came running towards him.

Myungsoo anxiously search for the tall figure and there at the side, he found him – He found Sungyeol lying on the grass and thank god, with no blood. Myungsoo sighed heavily, a little relieve that he landed on those bushes. He got on his knees and lifted Sungyeol’s upper body, checking for injuries or wounds.

“Ugghh...” Sungyeol slowly flutters his eyes open and saw Myungsoo’s face mix with concern and worriedness. He was on the verge of crying without even realising it.

“What the heck are you thinking jumping down from there!!!?” Myungsoo cried out caressing the pale face of Sungyeol. “Thank god you landed on these bushes” He was scared as hell and worried about him. All these set of emotion were running through his head and he doesn’t care anymore if Sungyeol would notice it.

 

Sungyeol tried get up but his whole body aches, straining him from moving. “Owww...” he moaned in pain.

“Are you hurt?! Where?!” Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, scanning his body and touching his soft muscles.

“My head and my feet hurts” Sungyeol whimpered and Myungsoo saw the bruised forming on his ankle and a bump on his head.

There’s no time to waste, Myungsoo lifted his body bridal style and hold him in place tightly. “I'll get you to the Hospital”

“N-NOOO!!” Sungyeol protests and locked his arms to Myungsoo's neck, almost strangling the younger one. “I don't wanna go there, I’m scared” he whined and buried his face to Myungsoo’s chest.

Myungsoo felt his body went rigid as his face heated and turn bright red. He was biting his lips trying to control himself. ‘ this is not the time to think of erted things!!!’ he snapped.

"O-o okay...I’ll just bring you to the school infirmary" Myungsoo said, stiffly.

“Thank you” Sungyeol breathed and weakly smiled at him.

 

==

 

At the school infirmary, Myungsoo had his arms folded; his face was still hard looking intently at Sungyeol and to the nurse who was busy placing on Sungyeol’s ankle and tending the small concussion on his head. She assured that Sungyeol would be fine and there’s nothing to worry about.

And as soon as the nurse left them, Myungsoo sat next to Sungyeol. “Are you okay now?” he asked worriedly, placing an ice bag on his head.

“Yes, I’m fine” Sungyeol answered him, flashing his cute smile.

Myungsoo weakly smiled back “But you really scared me back there” he sighed and brush the wet fringe of Sungyeol’s hair.

“I’m Sorry” Sungyeol murmured softly, his eyes flick to Myungsoo with a curious gaze.

“Is there something wrong?”

 Sungyeol shook his head. “I’m fine but c-can I ask wh-who are you?”

“What're you talking about Sungyeol?” Myungsoo chuckled, is he making fun of me because I didn’t hide my smile?

“Sungyeol? Is that my name?” Sungyeol mused as he looks back at him with his big question mark plastered on his face. He was silent as he waits for an answer and he looks so serious for the first time.

Myungsoo stopped laughing and his eyes widened “You- you don't remember anything?? Anything at all??” he gaped.

Sungyeol nodded.

 

‘Oh !’ Myungsoo thought. ‘What am I going to do now?’ he bit his lips.

‘He doesn’t remember what happened earlier, about anything. He had forgotten everything’ Myungsoo’s face changes from shock to a devious one, thinking about a certain plan.

“So are you going to tell me what your name is?” Sungyeol asked, breaking the trail of his thought.

“Umm yeahh...you’re Sungyeol and I’m Myungsoo”

“Myungsoo” Sungyeol murmured and blushed lightly. “Are you my friend?” That made Myungsoo flinched. They haven’t become more closed like a friend.

“I am not your friend” Myungsoo replied with bitterness.

"I am...” he paused and looked at his innocent face again. “I am your boyfriend" Myungsoo smirked with his lies. ‘If this is the only way he could be mine, I’ll take it’.

“Boyfriend?!!” Sungyeol exclaimed in surprise and then slowly, he soften his looks “I'm sorry, it seems like I have forgotten about that too”

“It's alright, maybe it’s only temporary” Myungsoo reassured, placing his arms on Sungyeol’s shoulder. “Let’s go home. I'll take you to our home"

Sungyeol seemed confused – there was a little pucker between his eyes.

 

“Sungyeol we live together” Myungsoo told him another lie. ‘I'm getting good at lying’ and that’s the only thought that run to his head.

 

 

==TBC==