We're Friends, You Know?

I Love Her, She Loves ??

It was a fine Saturday morning. My Mom came home late last night from her trip to the province. She brought a lot back, including Eun-jo's favorite strawberries.

So today, I'm off to give it to her. I'm pretty sure she'd be glad to have them.

--

 

*knock* *knock*

A woman of 40's opened the door. Her face showed signs that she just had a sleepless night, but it was quickly hidden by her youthful smile.

 

"Ara, JR~ah. Hmm, Eun-Jo's not here." Not here?

"Oh, really?"

"She went out, son. She didn't tell you?"

"Uh, no. She doesn't know I'm coming." It's a surprise after all.

"Ahh. So that's why."

"Did she tell where she's going?"

"Sorry, my son. She didn't. She just had a call from her Dad, but after putting the phone down, she rushed towards the door. She seemed down. I haven't asked my husband yet on what happened." I'm getting worried. Tsk.

"Hmm, I think i know where to find her."

"I'll be surprised if you didn't, son. You know my daughter too well, even better than me or even herself sometimes." Well, that's because . . .

"What could I say? We've been together for so long." So long that I . . .

"I know, and I'm glad that my Eun-Jo has a really great best friend like you." Best friend. *smirk*

"Thank you, Mom."

"I'm really happy when you call me 'Mom'."

"Well, I'm off to find your princess."

"Okay. Take care, son."

--

 

Just as I've thought. She's always here when something's bothering her. She never changed. *chuckles*

--

 

I was by the swing, looking at the little kids playing in the sandbox. I was startled to see a strawberry being dangled in front of me.

 

"Want it?" Even without looking, I know whom the voice belongs to.

"What are you doing here?" He started to give the swing a push.

"Well, i went to your house. You weren't there."

"Oh. How'd you know I was here?"

"EJ, I've known you since we were 9. Be surprised if I didn't." Well, I guess he's right. For all those years . . .

"Makes perfect sense."

"And besides . . . this is where we first met. Remember?"

"Of course." *smiles*

 

(Flashback)

*sobs*

Where is that coming from?

*sobs*

Hmm . . .

 

"Ne, are you hurt?" She looked at me, with her big brown eyes.

"I'm . . . I'm not."

"Then why are you crying?"

"I lost my hair clip in the sandbox. I've been looking and digging, and looking and digging, but I still can't find it." Tears came falling down her face again.

"Here. Wipe your tears. It's not good to see a girl crying, you know?" She took my hankerchief and wiped her tears.

"Thank you."  She smiled.

"You're welcome. I'm Jin Young by the way, but at my house, they call me JR." I offered my hand and she gladly took it and shaked hands with me.

"I'm Eun-Jo. If you're JR, then I'm EJ."

"So EJ, let's find your clip. What does it look like?"

 

After half an hour of searching . . .

 

"EJ~ah, is this it?" I showed her a blue heart-shaped hair clip.

"Yes! Oh, JR~ah. Thank you!" Then, she hugged me.

 

(End of Flashback)

--

 

"What's on your mind, Ej~ah?"

"You see right through me, don't you?"

"Not really, but I'm pretty worried about you. Do you mind telling me?"

"Well, Dad called."

"Then?"

"He told me that he'll have me meet someone."

"He's at it again?"

"Aish! He never learns!"

"Then reject the guy. I mean, if you don't like him."

"I could do that, but he'll be off to find another one, I don't get him."

"He just wants you to be with a capable man. A man with a good background."

"Ani! He just wants this for his business!"

"Well, and there's that."

She looked at me, quite puzzled at my response to her. Then., she smiled and we both laughed.

--

 

"You never fail to cheer me up."

"If I couldn't, then I wouldn't dare come to your rescue."

"Ya! That's so mean!"

"Hehe. Why?"

"Well, even if you can't cheer me up, you should always come to- my rescue. We're friends, you know?!"

"Of course! I was just joking."

"Don't. It's not good."

"Arasso. But really, if I couldn't, I'd stil be there. I want to be with you, always. When you're up, or down, I'd be glad to just stay beside you."

"Aww . . . Na do." She hugged me. I wish we were always like this.

"Now, how about we go home and eat these strawberries?"

"Strawberries! Tell Mom, I love her. She never forgets to bring me back my favorite strawberries."

"That's because she loves you, too." I . . . love you, too.

--